剧集 | 权欲第二章(2020) | 导航列表
Wait, are you gonna take Canonical Studies?
我说 你要修经典文学研究课程吗
I'm not sure.
不知道
I'm supposed to be meeting someone named Caridad Milgram.
我得先找加利达·米尔格拉姆聊一下
She's my "Minority student counselor".
她是我的"少数裔学生辅♥导♥老师"
Yeah, she's mine too. Most of the freshmen have her.
她也是我的辅♥导♥老师 新生基本都归她管
But Professor Milgram also teaches Canonical Studies.
米尔格拉姆教授也教经典文学研究课程
It'd be nice to have another Black kid in there with us.
很高兴我们这里多一个黑人孩子
There's only, like, four now.
现在 这里只有大概其四个
What do you mean "Like, four"?
你说大概其四个 是什么意思
Everyone who's Black isn't Black, you know?
不是每个肤色黑的人都是黑人 你理解吗
Really willing to own it.
要真心想做一个黑人才行
Speaks up when the white kid oversteps.
当白人孩子过分的时候能站出来
Right now, you got me, this one girl BruShaundria,
现在我们几个人包括我 还有个女生叫布鲁香德拉
and this other guy Khalid.
还有个男生叫哈利德
And then there's Richard.
再就是理查德
It's like he was dipped in chocolate
他就好像进错了巧克力池子的人
but the inside doesn't match.
内外不一
I'm guessing you're not too shy about your opinion, huh?
我看你毫不掩饰你的态度吧
What would be the point of that?
那又有什么意义呢
University Hall is the next building to your right.
你右手边的就是学生宿舍
You'll get used to this place pretty fast, I promise.
你肯定很快就会熟悉这里了
See you around.
回头见
Hey, wait. What's your name?
等一下 你叫什么
I'm Tariq.
我叫塔里克
Lauren.
我叫劳伦
I hope to see you in class.
有机会课堂上见
Oh, fuck.
我勒个去
It can be hard for students of color at first
对于到斯坦斯菲尔德上学的有色学生来说
at Stansfield.
一开始会比较难
I mean, my own mother struggled here
我想说 我母亲 一个年轻的黑人女性
as a young Black woman in the late '70s.
七十年代末就在这里努力求学
And as an interracial couple, well,
我父亲是白人 而他们这样的夫妇
my parents were still an anomaly.
当时依然显得十分另类
But times have changed, and...
不过时代还是变了
well, the school's now invested in our concerns.
现在 学校开始关注我们的诉求
You know, I don't understand
我不明白
why the dean wanted me to come see you.
为什么院长想让我来见您
I've been going to all-white schools my whole life.
我一直念的都是白人学校
Well, I'm sure she thought your personal circumstances
我相信她认为你的个人情况
required extra support.
需要额外的支持
Um, "My personal circumstances"?
什么"我的个人情况"
Your parents, Tariq.
你的父母 塔里克
Your father's unfortunate death,
你父亲不幸逝世
your mother's arrest.
你母亲被捕
You can talk to me...
你可以和我聊聊
about anything.
什么都行
How are you feeling?
你感觉怎么样
Look, my parents, I think,
我觉得 我的父母
would want me to concentrate on my schoolwork.
会希望我专注于学习上
And I heard you teach something called Canonical Studies,
我听说您教一门课叫经典文学研究
and I read in the course catalog that in that class,
我读了一些这门课的课程介绍
the students get to graduate early.
学生们都能提早毕业
Well, the level of difficulty for Canonical Studies
经典文学研究课程的难度系数
is very high, Tariq.
是很高的 塔里克
Course credit is double that of a normal freshman workload.
它的学分是新生正常学业负担的两倍
Students can elect to graduate after their third year,
学生可以选择第三学年后毕业
but most choose not to do so.
但大多数不会
You just got here.
你才刚到这
Why are you in such a hurry to leave?
为什么就想急着离开
I have to help my grandmother with my baby sister.
我要帮我外婆照顾我的妹妹
I have to help my family.
我要帮助我的家人
Canonical Studies requires a verbal entrance exam...
经典文学研究课程要求参加批判性阅读入学考试
... on this book, The Stranger by Camus.
加缪的这本《局外人》
Okay, so when can I take the test?
好的 我什么时候可以参加考试
Professor Milgram, I'm not asking
米尔格拉姆教授 我不是要求
for any special treatment.
什么特殊待遇
I'm asking not to lose an opportunity.
我只不过不想错过一个机会
The DA has agreed to four years' probation
地检官同意了四年缓刑
for criminally negligent homicide
包括过失杀人罪
with all the other charges included.
及其他所有罪名
No jail time?
不用坐牢
No jail time.
不用坐牢
Somebody wants your husband's secret life to stay a secret.
有人希望你丈夫谜一般的身份不见天日
You allocute tomorrow morning accurately and specifically,
确切具体来说 你明早参加聆讯
and you go home tomorrow afternoon.
明天下午就可以回家
How can I ever thank you?
我要怎么感谢你才好
Thank your husband's ambition.
感谢你丈夫的野心吧
If he hadn't gotten in bed with politicians,
如果他没有参与政事
we'd be stuck with that man two charge.
我们就会落得个二级过失杀人罪
There is one last thing with Quinton Wallace's testimony.
关于昆顿·华♥莱♥士♥的证词还有最后一个问题
He said you rushed him out the door.
他说你急着让他出门
You were on a schedule.
你有预定计划
You arrived at the precise moment
你到达的时候
where James would be alone...
正好只有詹姆斯一个人
no guests, no security detail.
没有客人 没有保安
How did you know?
你是怎么知道的
What does that matter?
有什么问题
If your story isn't airtight,
如果你的说辞站不住脚
the prosecutor can ask you questions
检控可以在法官面前
right there in front of the judge.
问你这些问题
If that happens for any reason, we have to be prepared.
如果这背后有什么原因 我们要有所准备
How did you know James would be alone?
你怎么知道只有詹姆斯自己一个
When he gets in the elevator to the loading dock,
当他进了电梯下卸货区的时候
you text me and let me know.
你发短♥信♥告诉我
It's an allocution under oath.
这可是宣誓聆讯
You cannot lie. What are you not telling me?
你不能说谎 你还有什么没有告诉我
I'm telling you everything.
我全部都告诉你了
No, you must have had a cue.
不 你一定得到信♥号♥♥了
Someone else was there. Someone told you he was alone.
有人在那 有人告诉你他自己一个人
You gotta be gone by then.
你要在那之前消失
Okay, I will be.
好的 我会
No, nothing like that.
没有 什么都没有
I can't suborn perjury, Tasha.
我不能唆使他人作伪证 塔莎
If you lie and they prove it,
如果他们证明你说了谎
you will go to jail, and I will lose my license.
你会坐牢 我会丢掉牌照的
If you had an accomplice, you have to tell me who it is.
如果你有同谋 你一定要告诉我是谁
They might come forward. They might expose you.
他们会追着你打 揭发你
That won't happen.
不会的
How can you be so sure?
你怎么能确定
Is it your son?
是不是你儿子
No.
不是
You are my client.
你是我的委托人
I can't let you lie for Tariq.
我不能让你为塔里克作伪证
I can't let you go to jail for him.
我不能让你因为他坐牢
Tameika, you're fired. What?
塔梅卡 你被解雇了 什么
Tasha, you will lose your deal.
塔莎 你的协议会吹的
Get out!
出去
I mean it. Go.
我认真的 走
Hello?
你好
Tariq, this is Tameika Washington.
塔里克 我是塔梅卡·华盛顿
Hey, Ms. Washington. What'd they say about my mom?
华盛顿女士 我妈妈的事情怎么样了
Did she get a deal?
她拿到协议了吗
I don't know what's gonna happen to your mom.
我不知道你母亲会怎么样
She just fired me.
她刚解雇了我
Wait, what?
等等 什么
You told me all she had to do
你说她只要
was tell them exactly what happened.
把发生过的事原原本本说出来就行
That's exactly right, but she won't.
没错 但她不愿意
She won't tell the truth.
她不愿意把真♥相♥说出来
She is protecting someone, Tariq.
她在保护一个人 塔里克
剧集 | 权欲第二章(2020) | 导航列表