Let's get back to Phil and Diane.
让我们继续菲尔和戴安的故事吧
Phil's been having a hard time finding work,
菲尔找工作找得很辛苦
and Diane wants him to talk to her
而戴安想和他聊聊
about his fear, his disappointment.
排解一下他的恐惧和失望
And Phil wants Diane to trust him
但是菲尔希望戴安相信他
that they'll get through this,
相信他们能度过这个难关
ideally, without having to keep discussing feelings.
犯不着没完没了的互诉衷肠
Not your exact words, but am I wrong?
我理解的大意没错吧
And most guys out there are the same way,
大多数男人都这个样
but ladies, if you're feeling frustrated,
而女人们呢 如果你感到沮丧
remember, it's not our fault.
记着 这不是我们男人的错
We were raised to be strong, not emotional,
我们从小就被教育要坚强 而不是情绪化
to deny vulnerability, not embrace it.
要拒绝软弱无能 而不是破罐破摔
And do you know what that makes us?
你知道那会怎么样吗
Dinosaurs.
我们就过时了
Nobody needs us to hunt wild animals for food.
没人需要我们猎食
Nobody needs us to cut down trees to build shelter.
也不需要我们砍树造屋
They need us to evolve, to catch up.
她们需要我们进化 赶上时代
Since the 1960s, women's roles have shifted radically.
自上世纪60年代起 女性角色发生了根本改变
And as--uh, as their-- in--as their roles have changed,
随着她们...她们社会地位的改变
so have women, they've-- they've, uh,
那么女人们 她们...
well, they've become tougher,
她们更加坚强了
and more demanding of us.
对我们的要求更高了
They're partners.
她们是搭档
And--and--who can blame them? Who--who can--
谁 能怪她们呢 谁能...
who can, uh...
谁能...
expecting us to...
希望我们...
to do this...
去做...
Joe! Joe!
乔 乔
Joe!
乔
Joe.
乔
We need an ambulance.
叫救护车
You want?
你要吗
I'm good.
不用了
Your limp's almost gone.
你已经基本痊愈了
It pains me to interrupt the collegial banter.
抱歉打断同事间的打情骂俏
It pains me even more to listen to it continue.
可要让我继续听下去就更抱歉了
38-year-old man.
38岁 男性
Spikes a fever and collapses during a speaking engagement.
在演讲时突然发烧 之后晕厥
E.R. checks out blood volume,
急诊室检查了血容量
cardiac function, and autonomic reflexes, all normal.
心功能 神经反射 都未见异常
Patient makes a living telling men to behave more like women.
病人依靠告诉男人更娘炮一点来养家糊口
I'm surprised you didn't throw psych symptoms
你竟然没有作出精神症状的鉴别诊断
into the differential.
真新鲜
Either way, could be a cerebral AVM.
不管怎样 可能是脑动静脉畸形
E.R. did a head CT.
急诊室已进行过头颅CT
No sign of AVM.
未见脑动静脉畸形征象
Decent thought, though.
但是个不错的想法
The patient's philosophy makes perfect sense.
那病人的哲理有点道理
Its only flaw is that it's impossible.
唯一的漏洞就是 那是不可能的
Evolution does not work that way.
物种可不会那样进化
You can't talk legs onto a fish.
你不能就鱼谈论腿
We're gonna go extinct,
我们终究会灭绝
and we're gonna do it drinking scotch and driving muscle cars.
但我们是边喝威士忌边开超级跑车地灭绝
Am I right?
我说的对吧
Am I-- Thank you.
我... 谢谢
Cephalic fibromuscular dysplasia?
头部肌纤维发育不良呢
It doesn't explain the fever.
解释不了发烧
The patient's talking about compromise.
病人是在谈论妥协
If you don't think that's possible,
如果你认为那是不可能的
you don't think relationships are possible.
那你就是认为恋爱关系是不可能的
Anyone in this room in a position to disprove that?
这屋里的 有人不同意这个观点吗
This guy's just playing to his audience.
这家伙就是在忽悠他的听众
Women are, by far, the biggest consumers
目前为止 女性是"自立"产业
of the "self-help" industry.
最庞大的顾客群体
He could have a pulmonary embolism.
他可能有肺栓塞
Clot in his lung increases right ventricular afterload,
肺内血栓增加了右心室后负荷
drops the blood flow to his brain.
导致脑血流减少
We should do a pulmonary angiogram.
应该做个肺动脉造影
Patient lacks major risk factors for a P.E.
患者无肺栓塞常见的危险因素
Doesn't rule it out, just makes it unlikely.
当然还不能排除 但不是很像
Maybe we start with a D-dimer?
先查个D-二聚体吧
Less invasive than the angiogram.
先不作造影这个侵入性检查
Good idea.
好主意
Fine.
好吧
Now, I am hereby searching for a number two.
其实 我是来上大号♥的
So I'm eating a lot of bran.
我吃了不少粗粮
Also, I want a team leader.
还有 我要一个领队的
Someone to fill Foreman's old job.
饰演福曼的旧角色
Why?
为什么
You're right. We don't need any more structure.
你说得对 我们不需要更多的人事结构了
It's not like we had a near-fatal stabbing.
又不是说在这里有人差点被扎死
Well, if it isn't the old ball and Ukraine.
这不是那位乌克兰娇妻嘛
Who's that?
那是谁
His wife.
他老婆
Dominika. House.
多米尼卡 豪斯
You survived prison.
你从监狱里熬出来了
And you Atlantic City,
你也从大西洋城熬过来了
where they also have gangs and pruno,
那里也有闹事者和监狱酒
but slightly less recidivism.
不过少那么一点累犯
I start Ukrainian food truck business.
我在做乌克兰食品的运输生意
After gambling--win, lose-- everybody likes a little knish.
赌性一尽 大家都想来点克尼什薄面卷
You're here, and I seem to remember throwing out
你人在这里 而我好像记得我扔了
a bunch of certified letters from Immigration.
不少移♥民♥局寄来的认证信件
I'm assuming there's a connection.
两者应该有关系
Our green card interview is in four days.
我们的绿卡面试在四天后
They come to the apartment.
他们来我们的公♥寓♥
They ask questions about marriage,
问我们的婚姻情况
vacations, family history,
假期情况 家庭史
what side of the bed each sleep on.
谁睡床的哪一边
We've never taken a vacation.
我们从不度假
I don't like your family, and on top.
我不喜欢的你的家人 不喜欢男上女下
I hear Kiev is lovely this time of year.
我听说基辅每年这时候最漂亮
And your mother, who may or may not be dead,
还有你妈妈 死了或者没死
for all I know, misses you.
就我所知 还是很想念你的
Can it be that genius doctor is afraid to take on
会不会是天才医生害怕面对
a silly government apparatchik?
小小的政♥府♥官僚呢
Well, I would say more not interested than afraid,
我本想说我不是害怕而是不感兴趣
but why quibble?
但有什么好争的
Then I go to plan "B."
那我就执行第二套计划
Make you an offer that cannot be refused.
给你一个你无法拒绝的提议
How long you been doing seminars?
你举办这种宣讲会有多久了
The marriage counseling, just, uh, the past couple years.
婚姻咨♥询♥会 就这几年的事
Before that, I did corporate coaching.
那之前 我是个合作教练
Can't imagine the same advice
无法想象你同样的建议
works for both audiences.
对两个不同的听众群体都管用
Guess you shifted with the market?
我猜你是跟着市场走吧
There's nothing cynical about my husband. He and I--
我丈夫并不见利忘义 我们...
No, it's okay. I get it.
没事的 我明白
What guy thinks men should be more like women?
什么男人会认为男人应该更像女人一点呢
A macho jerk who got a big wake-up call
在密尔沃基的一间体育酒吧外
courtesy of three drunks who beat the crap outta me
三个痛揍了我一顿的醉汉
outside a sports bar in Milwaukee.
让我这个大男子主义的混♥蛋♥如梦初醒
I'm guessing that explains the broken wrist
我想这倒是解释了你病史上
in your medical history?
手腕骨折这一条
Those morons did me the biggest favor of my life.
这三个白♥痴♥帮了我这辈子最大的一个忙
I realized I'd sacrificed my health
我意识到
because I couldn't back down
就为争论橄榄球问题 我不作退让
from an argument over football.
根本就是在牺牲性命
Meeting Marlene was the final piece in the puzzle.
遇见玛琳是我解开迷惑的最后一块拼图
剧集 | 豪斯医生(2004) | 导航列表