剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
I'm a hard worker, and I've some knowledge of the land.
马修懂法律和经商之道
Matthew knows the law and the nature of business.
我都不懂
Which I do not.
您理解我们对周围居民负有的责任
You understand the responsibilities we owe to the people round here,
不管他们是不是为我们工作
those who work for the estate and those that don't.
在我看来 只要我们集思广益
It seems to me if we could manage to pool all of that,
各尽其职
if we each do what we can do,
唐顿还能繁荣起来
then Downton has a real chance.
你口才很棒啊
You're very eloquent.
你很会表达马修的想法
You're a good spokesman for Matthew's vision.
至少比他最近强多了
Better than he has been recently.
那么您会支持我们了
So you'll give us your backing?
我会考虑的
I'll think about it.
不过有一个条件
On one condition.
你得代表庄园队参加板球赛
You play cricket for the house.
你自己说的 我们都得各尽其职
You said it yourself: we all have to do what we can do.
我的天 要是这对您真这么重要的话
For God's sake, if it means that much to you.
-你没想到会见到我 -是
- You didn't expect to find ME here. - No.
我觉得要问布莱恩夫妇
I thought the only person who could tell us
对艾瑟尔去他们家附近工作的反应
with any accuracy the Bryants' response to Ethel's working nearby
还是问他们本人最好了
were the Bryants themselves.
老夫人给我写信说明了你的意愿
Lady Grantham wrote to me explaining your wish.
就是沃森太太回应了我的广♥告♥...
Well... it was only that Mrs Watson had answered the advertisement -
我知道是什么情况
I know the circumstances.
我也知道你很愿意了解查理的近况
Just as I know that you would like to see how Charlie's getting on.
正巧 我觉得硬要母子
As it happens, I've been uncomfortable
分离两地不大好
about keeping a mother from her son.
不过我还不想让他感到困惑
Although I would not want to confuse him
或许等他大一些的...
until he's much older, if then...
不必让他感到困惑
You wouldn't have to confuse him.
我都想好了
I've already worked it out.
我是他的老保姆
I'm his old nanny,
他刚出生时您雇过我照顾他
whose employed by you when he was first born.
要是他和布莱恩先生说起你怎么办
But what about when he talks about you to Mr Bryant?
布莱恩先生就请留给我来操心吧
You will please leave Mr Bryant to me.
艾瑟尔 你今天就得写信给沃森太太
Now, Ethel, you must write to Mrs Watson today
把事情定下来
and get it settled.
我就能看到查理了
And I'll be able to see Charlie!
还是会很艰难的
It won't be easy.
总比见不到他要好
It'll be easier than not seeing him.
好很多了
Very much easier.
巴罗先生留下来 该做什么职位呢
And if Mr Barrow is to stay on, what would he be?
我的男仆吗
My valet?
可以让他做副管家
You can make him under-butler.
然后你的晚宴就能招待朱清照了
Then your dinners will be grand enough for Chu Chin Chow.
[《朱清照》是一部剧 后改编成歌♥舞片]
这样他真离开时也能申请做管家了
And he can apply to be a butler when he does leave.
但这样他就是我上级了
But that would make him my superior.
我不知道 副管家
Oh, I don't know. Under-butler,
男仆领班 这倒没什么
head valet. There's not much in it.
不过问题是
The question remains,
我们要怎么说服詹姆斯
how do we convince James?
这个嘛
Well...
既然是老爷要留巴罗先生
It's his lordship who wants Mr Barrow to stay on,
那就让老爷去劝他吧
so I think his lordship can bring it about.
这有什么意义吗
Is this worth it?
这点时间学不了什么
I've no time to learn anything.
-我就靠新手运气不行吗 -当然不行
- Couldn't I just trust to beginner's luck? - Certainly not.
我是想让你跟我学两手
I want you to profit from my skills
算是答谢你帮我劝服罗伯特
in gratitude for bringing Robert round.
暂时还没成呢
Not completely. Not yet.
抬肘
Elbow up.
我就不是扮绅士的料
You won't make a gentleman of me, you know.
再怎么教我垂钓 骑马 射击
You can teach me to fish, ride and shoot,
我心里还是个地道的爱尔兰人
but I'd still be an Irish Mick in my heart.
希望如此
So I should hope.
看见没 这不是找到窍门了
There! See? You're getting the hang of it.
突然来访多有打扰 很抱歉
I'm sorry if this is inconvenient.
哪里话 只是有些意外
It's unexpected, not inconvenient.
我还是开门见山吧
I suppose I'd better just say it.
请讲
Please do.
我上次造访时 感到你似乎在调情
I had the impression on my last visit that you were flirting.
暗示你对我有好感
Giving signs that you found me attractive.
如果是我会错意了 那么我道歉
If I'm wrong, then I apologise.
你没错
You're not wrong.
可之后 我发现你已经结婚了
But since then I have discovered that you are, in fact, married.
是的
Yes.
已婚男人跟我调情
I'm afraid I find the idea of a married man
让我十分厌恶
flirting with me wholly repugnant.
所以我必须马上辞职
So you'll see I must hand in my resignation at once.
不要 我确实已经结婚
No. It's true, I am married,
但我希望你能听我解释
but I hope you'll allow me to explain.
解释什么 一夫一妻 这谁都知道
Explain what? I am familiar with the institution of marriage.
是 但我的事不是这样
Yes, but not with this one.
我妻子在精神病院 已经很多年了
My wife is in an asylum, and she has been for some years.
莉兹是个好人 我很爱她
Lizzie was a wonderful person. I loved her very much.
我花了很久才接受
It took me a long time to accept
我熟悉的那个女人已经走了
that the woman I knew was gone...
而且是一去不回
And wouldn't be coming back.
那你为什么不离婚
Then why haven't you got a divorce?
不能 精神病人不能承担责任
I can't. A...lunatic is not deemed responsible.
她既不是有罪方也不是无罪方
She's neither the guilty nor the innocent party.
我下半辈子...
It means that I'm...
都要拴在一个
tied for the rest of my life to a...
甚至不认识我的疯女人身上
A madwoman, who doesn't even know me.
我无法形容读到你的专栏 和跟你见面
I can't begin to tell you how much it cheers me to read your column
让我多么开心
and to meet when we do.
我非常希望你能考虑留下来
I hope very much you'll consider staying on.
我要人像
Heads.
好了
Ah. Well, there we are.
太好了
Yes!
很高兴艾瑟尔的事终于告一段落
I'm glad everything's settled with Ethel,
但我相信你再找个厨娘应该不是难事
but I trust you can find another cook without too much difficulty.
这次要找个身家清白的
Preferably one with a blameless record
不能再让我家沦为别人的笑柄
so my house ceases to be a topic of gossip,
你不就是惦记这个吗
which is really what this is all about.
可如果艾瑟尔想接近自己的儿子
Well, if Ethel wants to be part of her son's life,
即便只能靠近一点
even a little part,
谁又忍♥心阻拦呢
who are we to stand in her way?
如果要把查理送给屠夫剁成肉块
If you'd had to sell Charlie to the butcher to be chopped up as stew
才能达到这个结果
to achieve the same ends,
你也绝对做得出来
you would have done so.
还好没到那地步
Well, happily it was not needed.
出局
Howzat!
打得好 先生
Well shot, sir!
-巴罗 打得好 -谢谢
- Well played, Barrow. - Thank you.
这局真精彩
Excellent innings.
我以为能让他永远离开我们的生活
I thought I was helping him get out of our lives for good.
现在他成了我的上级
Now he ranks higher than I do.
我可真傻
I've been a damned fool.
对了
By the way,
他让你跟奥布莱恩小姐说什么
what was that phrase he gave you to say to Miss O'Brien?
你现在可以告诉我吧
You can tell me now, surely.
你得保证不说出去
If you keep it under your hat.
-"夫人的香皂" -什么
- It was "Her ladyship's soap". - What?
我也摸不着头脑 但他就说了这些
I can't make any sense of it either, but that's what he said.
"夫人的香皂"
"Her ladyship's soap."
而且很管用
And it worked.
该你了莫斯利 最后一个
It's down to you, Molesley, last man in.
多亏巴罗 我们现在形势大好
We're in good shape thanks to Barrow,
锦上添花就更好了
but we could do with a bonus.
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表