剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
向苏珊隐瞒昨晚的事 我很过意不去
I feel very guilty not telling Susan about last night.
-妈妈不会理解的 -我也没法理解
- Mummy wouldn't understand. - Nor do I.
你怎么想的
What were you thinking,
你受人尊敬 出身名门
a respectable, well-born
年纪轻轻 竟私会有妇之夫
young woman going out with a married man?
罗斯明白这要取决于
Rose knows it all depends on
她在这儿余下时间的表现
her behaviour for the rest of her stay.
再有闪失 我会亲自致电弗林特夏尔夫人
One false step and I shall personally telephone Lady Flintshire.
好吧
Very well.
但我不赞成
But I don't approve.
罗斯 你显然是读了太多
Rose, you've obviously read too many novels
写女人因活跃而受人仰慕的小说
about young women admired for their feistiness.
你觉得他们会保密吗
Do you think they will keep quiet?
我觉得会 只要你不违反我们的约定
I expect so, as long as you stick to your side of the bargain.
罗斯孟德表亲呢
Even Cousin Rosamund?
她不太喜欢被迫保守秘密
She didn't like being made to keep the secret.
可能是因为她清楚奶奶知道会大怒的
Probably because she knows that Granny will be furious.
看见了吗 我翻转球拍的方式
You see? How I turn it,
先这样
first this way,
然后换成这样
and now that.
阿尔弗雷德 怎么了
Alfred, what's the matter?
没什么 就是对巴罗先生的事不太舒服
Nothing, not easy about this business with Mr Barrow.
那就去看看莫斯利先生挥拍吧
Well, why not take a turn with Mr Moseley's bat?
能让你开心起来
That'll put a smile on your face.
卡森先生真的不准备给巴罗先生推荐信吗
Is Mr Carson really not giving Mr Barrow a reference?
要是没有推荐信他该怎么办呀
What will he do if he hasn't got a reference?
他还可以出国
He could always go abroad.
巴罗先生在美国或许会干得不错
He might do well in America, Mr Barrow.
那太极端了 他为什么必须出国呢
Seems a bit drastic. Why should he go abroad?
别多管闲事
Keep your nose out of it.
为什么没人告诉我们发生了什么
Why won't someone tell us what's going on?
因为你不会明白的
Because you wouldn't understand it.
我真心希望如此
I very much hope.
为什么卡森不说 是他受到了威胁
Why didn't Carson tell me? He's the one who's being undermined.
这事对他来说太难启齿了
It's a very difficult subject for him to discuss.
不难想象
I can imagine.
但我们也不是不知道巴罗的事
But it's not as if we didn't all know about Barrow.
我也是这么跟休斯太太说的
That's what I said to Mrs Hughes.
如果当年在伊顿每次有人想吻我 我都大喊救命
I mean, if I shouted blue murder every time someone tried to kiss me at Eton,
[伊顿公学: 英国著名私立贵族男子学校]
不出一个月就得喊哑了
I'd have gone hoarse in a month.
这人真是讨厌
What a tiresome fellow.
这不是他的错 老爷
It's not the boy's fault, my lord.
他是被人怂恿了 误认为如果不坚持到底
He's been whipped up, told if he doesn't see it through,
我们就会认为他跟巴罗是一类人
we'd all suspect him of batting for the same team.
天呐 但谁会这么做
Crikey! But who'd do that?
谁跟巴罗有仇
Who's got it in for Barrow?
奥布瑞恩小姐
Miss O'Brien.
奥布瑞恩 我以为他们俩亲密无间呢
O'Brien? I thought they were as thick as thieves.
现在不是了 老爷
Not now, my lord.
我跟你母亲通过电♥话♥
Now, I've spoken to your mother.
她对你离开之后做了新的安排
She has a new plan for when you leave here.
我不回伦敦吗
But aren't I going back to London?
不 那儿太糟了 尘土漫天
Oh, no. It's so horrid and dusty.
妈妈是怎么安排的
What is Mummy's plan?
唐伊阁提早开宅了 你就去那里
They're opening Duneagle early. You're to go there.
我一个人
On my own?
不 阿加莎姨妈和你一起去
No. Your Aunt Agatha will keep you company.
单独跟阿加莎姨妈待在苏格兰
Alone in Scotland with Aunt Agatha?
她不是当真吧
She can't be serious.
我明白 阿加莎夫人的确不太喜欢热闹
I know. Lady Agatha isn't much of a party person, I admit.
这都是因为我去伦敦见了泰伦斯 对不对
This is all because I went up to London to see Terence, isn't it?
她怎么知道的 是谁出♥卖♥♥♥了我
How did she find out? Who gave me away?
我不知道泰伦斯是谁
I don't know who Terence is.
当然 这不是您的错 维奥莱特姨祖母
Of course. It's not your fault, Aunt Violet.
但他们保证过...
But they promised -
别怪送信人 亲爱的
Don't shoot the messenger, my dear.
我只是在转达你母亲的决定
I'm only relaying your mother's orders.
你会待到板球赛结束 第二天便北上
You're to stay for the cricket match and head north the next day.
没准我会逃跑
Perhaps I'll run away.
这次不会的
Not this time.
我的女仆会跟你一起去
My maid will travel with you
这样路上还有个人陪你说说话
so you have someone to talk to on the journey.
你们不能把我关一辈子
I won't be held a prisoner forever.
对 有一天你翅膀硬了我们也鞭长莫及
No. One day you'll be older and out of our power.
可不是现在
But not yet.
监狱改变了你
Prison's changed you.
以前无论我发生什么事
There was a time when nothing
你都会觉得我还不够惨
was too bad for me as far as you were concerned.
监狱的确改变了我
Prison HAS changed me.
你知道这是奥布瑞恩小姐指使的吧
You do know Miss O'Brien is behind it?
我知道反正有人捣鬼
I knew someone was.
吉米自己是不会想到这么做的
Jimmy'd never think of it for himself.
她就这么脱身你不会觉得不甘心吗
Doesn't it bother you that she'll get away with it?
还好吧
Not really.
在唐顿工作了十年
Without a reference,
却没有推荐信
after ten years here,
你再也找不到工作了
you'll never work again.
在英格兰是不行
Not in England.
但其他地方也许还可以
But elsewhere maybe.
有个亲戚在孟买♥♥ 也许会去那里
A cousin in Bombay. I might go there.
我喜欢阳光
I like the sun.
你一定知道什么关于奥布瑞恩小姐的事
There must be something you know about Miss O'Brien
能用来对付她
you can use against her.
你知道什么叫"认栽"吗
You've heard of the phrase "To know when you're beaten"?
我现在就是栽了 贝茨先生
Well, I'm beaten, Mr Bates.
再没有回转的余地了
I'm well and truly beaten.
那就把你知道的告诉我 让我来对付她
Then give me the weapon and I'll do the work.
我能说什么让她改变主意
What can I say that will make her change her mind?
我们不是这样经营的
It is not how we do things!
很多农民家庭
Many of the farmers' families
在唐顿生活的时间跟我们一样久
have been at Downton as long as we have.
我们要从农场获得更多盈利
We need to see more profits from the farm!
又来了 盈利 盈利 盈利
Here we go. Profit, profit, profit!
如果没有收入我们寸步难行
We cannot go forward with no income.
但为什么不能一步步地来
But why not tackle it gradually?
也许用你的钱投资能再缓一阵
Perhaps buy some time by investing your capital.
我成天听见那些能将资产
I hear of schemes everyday that'll double
翻一两倍甚至更多的投资方案
whatever's put into them, or treble it, or more.
很多方案宣称有高回报 只有少数能做到
Many schemes offer high rewards. Very few deliver them.
有个美国人 叫什么来着
There's a chap in America, er...What is his name?
查尔斯·庞奇 他提出九十日的高回报投资
Charles Ponzi, who offers a huge return after 90 days.
[著名欺诈伪造犯]
哈利·斯托克已经投了不少钱进去...
Now Harry Stoke has gone in with a bundle
不管哈利·斯托克是谁 他就是个傻子
Then Harry Stoke, whoever he is, is a fool.
但如果我能查明...
But if I could find out...
罗伯特 上次您起兴投资
Robert, last time you took an interest in investment,
几乎毁了这个家
you ruined the family!
注意点
Now look here!
罗伯特持家这么多年
Robert's been the captain of this ship long enough
你们得尊重他
to be entitled to some respect.
他无意冒犯
He didn't mean to be disrespectful.
他倒表现得正是如此
He does a marvellous impression of it.
我们是给农民选择的机会 就是这样
We're giving the farmers a choice, that's all.
如果他们愿意出♥售♥
If they want to sell,
那么大♥片♥的土地能让我们迎接新时代的挑战
the larger units will let us meet the challenges of the modern world.
我们得构建能持久的产业 爸爸
We need to build something that will last, Papa,
而不是袖手旁观地♥产♥的衰败
not stand by and watch it crumble into dust.
那租户们怎么办
What about the tenants?!
那些信任我们的男男女♥女♥又该怎么办
What about the men and women who put their trust in us?
这对他们公平吗 我可不觉得
Is this fair to them? I don't believe so.
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表