剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
但不管是对他们还是对我们而言
But isn't the most important thing for them, or us,
维持唐顿 提供就业机会 不才是最重要的吗
to maintain Downton as a source of employment?
这么说连你也反对我
So you're against me too?
在我看来 你的计划就是
It seems to me your plan adds up to
假装一切都没改变
carrying on as if nothing's changed,
花着马修的钱来维持这种幻觉
to spend Matthew's money keeping up the illusion,
而当我们陷入债务的无底洞时
then, when we've fallen into a bottomless pit of debt,
就只能变卖♥♥家当走人了
we'll sell up and go.
所以 是的 我认为马修是对的
So yes, I believe Matthew is right.
我明白了
I see.
你们似乎都认为我不该插手这些事了
You seem to be agreed that there's no place for me in all this.
显然 我该隐退了
So obviously it's time for me to take a back seat.
喂 是《每日电讯报》问询处吗
Hello. Is that the Daily Telegraph information desk?
我想了解一位伦敦编辑的信息
I want to find out about a London editor.
《每日简报》的迈克尔·格莱格森
Michael Gregson, of the Sketch.
就是些一般资料
Just some general stuff.
教育背景 毕业后的工作
His education, what he's done since then.
还有...一点他私生活的信息
And...A little about his private life.
但为什么到这儿
But why here?
我真不喜欢第一个接待的客人是她
I don't like the idea of her being our first visitor.
我希望能避开其他人
I want to be away from the others.
我不懂你为什么这么做
I don't know why you're doing this.
你都不喜欢托马斯
You don't even like Thomas.
因为我了解那种无能为力的感觉
Because I know what it is to feel powerless.
眼睁睁地看着你的人生消逝
To see a life slide away
却束手无策
and there's nothing you can do to stop it.
好个演讲家
Quite the orator.
考虑过进议会吗
Have you thought about standing for Parliament?
不错 非常漂亮
Oh, yes. Very nice.
多花点钱装饰一下就会更好了
It'll be even better with a bit of money spent on it.
想来杯茶吗
Can I get you some tea?
得看我待多久
If I'm staying long enough.
还不知贝茨先生找我来是什么事呢
I don't know what it is Mr Bates wants to see me about.
你有时间喝茶
You'll have time for tea.
-还有什么事吗 夫人 -还有件事
- Will that be all, ma'am? - There is one thing.
今天下午来了封信
There was a letter delivered by hand this afternoon.
老夫人写来的
It's from the dowager.
她希望我们明早去拜访她
She wants us to call on her in the morning.
她怎么会想见我呢
But why would she want ME?
明早去了就知道
No doubt we'll find out in the morning.
真没想到你支持奥斯卡·王尔德先生那种人
Well, I am surprised to find that you're a fan of Mr Oscar Wilde.
[英国著名诗人 小说家 公开同性恋]
你自始至终都清楚巴罗先生的事
You've known about Mr Barrow all along,
怎么现在对他发难
so what's changed now?
或许是我良心发现吧
Perhaps I've come to my senses.
你是说你找到了更加惹人讨厌的办法
You mean you've found a way to be even nastier than usual.
别这么尖锐 刀子嘴小姐
Get back in the knife box, Miss Sharp.
我要你劝吉米回心转意
I want you to persuade Jimmy
让巴罗先生能拿一封推荐信
to let Mr Barrow have a reference
这样他离开之后 还能重新来过
so when he leaves here he can start again.
吉米为什么会听我的话
Why would Jimmy listen to me?
-我不会去劝他的 -我认为你会
- I won't do it. - I think you will.
-我要走了 -今晚前把事情解决
- I'm going. - Sort it out by this evening.
-否则呢 -否则你的秘密可就守不住了
- Or? - Or you'll find your secret is no longer safe with me.
我就是说你已经表明态度了
I'm just saying I think you've made your point.
既往不咎才是绅士该有的风度
To let it go now would be the gentlemanly thing to do.
你说过 如果就这么算了
You said that if I let it go
大家会以为我和他一样
they'd think I was up to the same thing,
是不正常的人
that I wasn't a proper man.
如果你什么都不做的话 确实如此
If you'd done nothing, yes.
但你现在饶了他 就会显得
But this way you'll come across as
仁慈 而不是满心报复 明白吗
merciful and not vindictive. Do you see?
我从没想让事情发展到这个地步
I never wanted to push it this far.
那你会乐意就此打住
Then you'll be glad to stop it.
你确定这么做不会让我难堪吗
You're sure I won't be made to look a fool?
当然不会
Far from it.
我认为他们会更加尊重你
I think they'll hold you higher in their estimation.
詹姆斯 请到楼上来
Ah, James. Upstairs, please.
在上楼之前 卡森先生
May I have a word with you, please,
我能和您说句话吗
Mr Carson, before we go up?
为什么又去伦敦 你才回来啊
But why London? You've only just got back.
有些坏消息罢了
I've had some bad news, that's all.
什么坏消息
What sort of bad news?
别问了 又不是咱们的事
Never mind. It's not our business.
板球队怎么样了
How's the cricket team coming along?
仍缺两个人
We're still two short.
你还是坚持不参加吗
And you're still determined not to play?
不是我不想参加
It's not that I WON'T play.
是我不能参加 我不会打板球
I CAN'T play. I don't know how.
别给他压力了
Stop twisting his arm.
搬家的事进行得如何 汤姆
Any news on the move, Tom?
我们会非常想念你们俩的
We're going to miss you both so much.
您让马修别给他压力
You told Matthew not to twist his arm.
可您这话不就是给他压力吗
Now you're doing exactly the same thing.
我只是认为孩子在大家庭中长大更快乐些
I just think children are happier in families.
抱歉 但我就这么想
I'm sorry but I do.
这事总算尘埃落定了
Well, I'm glad that's settled.
但巴罗必须得走吧
But I suppose Barrow will have to go.
老爷
My lord?
他板球打得很好
He's so good at cricket.
我们去年是输得很惨
I know we were soundly beaten last year,
但他的确帮我们得了不少分
but he did got most of our runs.
不是只给他弄封推荐信
I thought we just wanted him to have a reference
好让他离开之后还能找到工作吗
so he could find work when he leaves.
我知道 但现在想想
I know, but now that I think about it,
卡森应该坚持留下巴罗
Carson ought to insist that he stays on.
这样他在詹姆斯面前也能重塑权威了
He needs to re-establish his authority over James.
那留巴罗先生参加比赛
Couldn't Mr Barrow just stay till
然后就让他离开不行吗 老爷
after the match, my lord? And then go?
这太无情了吧 这不是在利用他吗
That seems rather unkind. Wouldn't we be using him?
这次不愉快后 他说不定也想走呢 老爷
He might not want to stay, my lord, after the unpleasantness.
我不这么想
I think he will.
但别忘了板球赛
But don't forget the cricket.
不会的 老爷
I won't, my lord.
看到我的握球了吗 牢
See how my grip is firm,
而轻
but tender.
要轻握 不能太用力了
Cherish the ball. Don't crush it.
好了 加布里埃尔来试试
Right. Gabriel, have a try.
听说你让步了 就这么放过巴罗先生了
Is it true you've given in and let Mr Barrow get away with it?
这事拖个没完没了
It was dragging on and on.
至少这样能让他赶紧走
At least this way we'll be rid of him.
我听说老爷想留下他参加板球赛
I heard his lordship wants him to stay for the cricket match.
就算参加板球赛 那也待不了多久
And even if he does. It won't be for much longer.
他拿了推荐信就会走人
Then he'll get his reference and go.
我们就摆脱他了
And good riddance.
我一会儿去温米尔农场
I'm...going over to Windmill Farm,
看看怎么改建外屋
to see what we can do with the outbuildings.
您想一起来吗
Would you like to come with me?
我相信你自己能行的
I'm sure you can manage on your own.
-你不去吗 -我一会儿直接去农场找他
- Aren't you going? - I'll meet him there later.
他装得好像无所谓
He's putting a good face on it,
但您知道他希望您也同意他的计划
but you know he wants you with him on this,
十分希望
more than anything.
我派不上什么用场
I should not serve him well.
他想做的事我做不来
I don't have the instincts for what he wants to do.
-您是说您不是商人 -这可是你说的
- You mean you're not a tradesman? - Your word, not mine.
我能说说我的想法吗
Shall I tell you how I look at it?
因婚姻走进唐顿的每个人
Every man or woman who marries into this house,
这个家族的每个孩子
every child born into it,
都得靠自己的天赋为这个家族做贡献
has to put their gifts at the family's disposal.
我是个勤奋的人 我懂得经营农场
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表