剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
Once you do, there's no way off it.
自从上次见面后 我就一直惦记着你
I've been thinking about you since we last met,
你过得怎么样
and wanted to know how you were living.
我没再...
I've not gone back to...
做我之前做的事 如果您是想问这个
..Doing what I was doing, if that's worrying you.
查理不在了 我也不用担心他挨饿
I've no Charlie to feed, so now if I starve, I starve alone.
我宁愿挨饿 也不愿做那种事
I'd rather starve than do that.
我觉得你可以在这里工作一段时间
You see...I thought you might work here for a while.
给伯德太太打下手
Helping Mrs Bird.
这样你日后想再去找其他工作
It would mean that when you moved on
你就能有来自一份体面工作的推荐信
you will have had a respectable job with a respectable reference.
您真的想清楚了吗 夫人
Are you sure you've thought about this, ma'am?
休斯太太会怎么想 还有格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人
What will Mrs Hughes' reaction be, or Lady Grantham's?
和老夫人呢
And old Lady Grantham?
不知道她会怎么说
I can't wait to hear what she has to say about it.
你不想来吗
Don't you want to come?
您误会了 夫人
It's not that, ma'am.
您让我回到这个美好的世界
You're offering a return to a wholesome world,
我十分感激
and I am very, very grateful.
那你还犹豫什么
Well, then?
但我觉得现实会比您想得要复杂得多
But I think it's going to be a lot more complicated than you allow.
那我们就得一起面对这些复杂 对不对
Then we shall have to face those complications together, shan't we?
-交给我吧 -是
- I'll take him from here. - Sir.
-贝茨看起来很开心 -是吗
- Bates seems very cheerful. - Is he?
他妻子刚刚来看过他
He has a visit from his wife earlier.
肯定给他带来了什么好消息
She must have brought him some good news.
真不公平
It hardly seems fair, does it?
你得多坐一年牢 我遭到警告处分
You've got an extra year, and I've got a formal reprimand,
一切都因贝茨而起
and Mr Bates, who's done it all,
而这个罪魁祸首竟然能收到好消息
who's made all the trouble for us, gets good news.
你觉得是什么消息
What do you think it is?
她肯定不是怀孕了 他都被捕一年多了
She can't be pregnant. He was arrested a year ago.
也不是没可能 但那对他不会是好消息
She might be, but he wouldn't be very happy about it.
你想怎么做
So, what do you wanna do?
得考虑一下
It'll need some thought.
首先 这个好消息是什么
But first, what does this good news consist of?
你跟他同室时 他把信放在哪里
When you shared with him, where did he keep his letters?
不少村舍都翻修了
Quite a few of the cottages have been renovated.
-多亏了你 -我是尽了一点力
- Thanks to you. - Maybe a little thanks to me.
但很多农场多年来疏于管理
But many of the farms have been left entirely to their own devices.
考特已经有二十年没好好种地了
Coulter hasn't farmed this properly for 20 years.
他很难按时交租 租金本来也不多
He struggles to pay the rent, which is too low anyway.
这里毫无...投入
There's been no...investment.
爸爸会说 不能因为别人变老就抛弃人家
Papa would say you can't abandon people just because they grow old.
我同意 但是送他一间村舍
I agree, but it would be cheaper to give him a free cottage,
然后好好耕耘这块地 不是更经济吗
and work this land as it should be worked.
我明白了 你觉得爸爸不懂这个吗
I see. And you don't think Papa understands that?
也许他还沉浸在不愁吃穿的日子里
Maybe he harks back to a time when money was abundant.
认为没必要在乎收入来源
There wasn't much need to keep on top of it.
我看他是把务实看做是刻薄
I think he equates being business-like with being mean.
或是更糟 像我这样 很中产阶级
Or worse, middle-class like me.
中产阶级也有自己的优点 比如善于经营
The middle classes have their virtues, and husbandry is one.
我们该回去了
We ought to get back.
菲利普爵士的火车七点就到了
Sir Philip thingy's due on the seven o'clock train.
你得做汤姆坚强的后盾
You ought to be there to hold Tom's hand.
可怜的家伙
Poor fellow.
他真是又担心 又无比激动
He's so terrified, and so thrilled at the same time.
换作是我 也会这样
As I would be.
我到时也会这样
As I WILL be.
特鲁罗公爵夫人对你赞不绝口 菲利普爵士
The dear Duchess of Truro is full of your praises, Sir Philip.
你当然也知道
Then of course, you know that.
她刚结婚时 久久没有动静
She had quite a time when she was first married,
但我对她说
but I said to her,
别担心 公爵夫人
"Never fear, Duchess,
不管用什么法子 我肯定让您生个孩子出来
I'll get a baby out of you one way or another."
你也说到做到了
And so you did.
三个男孩 因此
Three boys, and as a result,
他们的家业有保障了
a secure dynasty, I'm glad to say.
茜玻没有任何并发症吗
But you see no complications here?
完全没有
None at all.
茜玻小姐是健康与美丽的完美化身
Lady Sybil is a perfect model of health and beauty.
我们告诉本地的医生
We told our local doctor
快临盆时会派人去通知他
we'd send a message to him when it looks as if the baby's coming.
克拉克森医生是看着我们长大的
Dr Clarkson has known us all since we were girls.
玛丽小姐 这时候需要的
Yet what's needed here, Lady Mary,
是接生相关的知识 别的都没用
is a knowledge of childbirth, nothing more.
如果能让你们安心 当然
But if it soothes you, then of course.
欢迎他过来
He's most welcome.
我去看看茜玻
I'm going to check on Sybil.
-安娜 -抱歉打扰您了 老爷
- Anna. - I'm sorry to trouble you, My Lord,
可不可以跟您说件事
but I wondered if I might have a word?
到书房♥来吧
Come into the library.
马修 麻烦你带菲利普爵士去客厅
Matthew, will you take Sir Philip to the drawing room?
我们进去吧
Shall we go in?
其实 菲利普爵士
As a matter of fact, Sir Philip,
我想单独跟您说几句话
I was rather hoping to have you to myself for a moment.
您知道我战时受过伤吧
Do you know that I was injured during the war?
格兰瑟姆伯爵夫人曾向我提过此事
I think I did hear something about it from Lady Grantham.
我的脊柱受了严重的瘀伤
My spine was very severely bruised,
有一段时间 我的双腿不能活动
and for a time it seemed I'd lost the use of my legs,
还失去了
and...
其他能力
everything else.
但后来瘀伤消退 你痊愈了
But the bruising reduced, and you recovered?
我有所耳闻
Yes, I have heard of this.
你当时一定如释重负
Well, how relieved you must have been.
是的 但现在我怀疑我的伤势是否...
Yes, but I wonder now whether the injury might have...
影响到了我的...
affected my...
我的生育能力
I suppose I mean my fertility.
伤势是否影响到我生育后代
If it may have limited my chances of fathering a child.
一切都能顺利进行吗
Well, is...is everything working as it should?
是的
Yes.
那么...
Then um...
你为什么觉得有问题呢
why do you think there may be a problem?
我们急切地想组建一个家庭
We're anxious to start a family.
我们结婚已经几个月了 却没有...消息
We've been married for a few months without any...results.
亲爱的卡劳利先生
My dear Mr Crawley,
我可以指出问题的关键所在吗
may I point out the word that gives you away?
你太着急了
Anxious.
着急不利于受孕
Anxiety is an enemy to pregnancy.
不管做什么 不要过于焦急
Don't, whatever you do, feel anxious.
我可以帮你做个检查 但是我建议你
I can run a test if you wish, but I would urge you
暂且不要为此烦心
not to bother for some time yet.
你们在这里 我们还在想你们干什么去了
There you are. We were wondering what had happened to you.
这太好了
This is extraordinary.
为什么警♥察♥完全忽略了这一点
Why did the police miss it so completely?
巴特利太太没跟警♥察♥说过 跟其他人也没说
Mrs Bartlett never spoke to them. She never spoke to anyone.
只跟你说了
Except to you.
她觉得现在说出真♥相♥也无妨了
She didn't think the truth would make any difference now.
她以为这样只能给他板上钉钉
She thought it was only further proof of his guilt.
问题是
The difficulty is
她可能不愿接受贝茨无罪这一事实
she may not want to accept Bates' innocence.
-可事实就明摆着 -并不一定
- Doesn't she have to? - Not necessarily.
她可能以为 他妻子因他而自杀
She may think he drove his wife to suicide,
他活该受牢狱之灾
and deserves to rot in prison.
总而言之
In short,
她也许不愿说出实情 帮他平♥反♥
she may not wish to tell the truth to set him free.
那就得趁她发现这能推♥翻♥判决之前
Then we need to get a statement from her before she finds out
从她口中套出证词
it could overturn the case.
我今晚就给莫里打电♥话♥
I'll telephone Murray tonight.
让他过来和你面谈 然后去见贝茨
He can come up here and talk to you, and see Bates.
不过你说对了
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表