剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
他们了解我的为人
They know that I'm not,
但我岳母好心邀你留宿并共进晚餐
but my mother-in-law has been kind enough to invite you to stay and dine.
我不会让你冷落了她 快起身吧
And I'll not let you snub her. Now, get a move on.
我知道 你总说他迟早会给家族蒙羞
I know. You always said he would bring shame on this house.
不 休斯太太 这次我不会这么说
No, Mrs Hughes. For once, I will hold my tongue.
我认为布兰森先生
I thought Mr Branson's
如此尊重夫人的邀请值得赞赏
respect for her ladyship's invitation exemplary.
布兰森先生做得对 真稀奇
Well. 'Mr' Branson's done something right, for a change.
奇迹还是存在的
Miracles can happen.
谈得怎么样
How was it?
相当糟糕 贾维斯辞职了
Pretty bad. Jarvis has resigned.
-什么 -他走了
- What? - He's gone
我一定得把事做成 否则够我受的
and I'm going to have to make it all work or I've had it.
过来
Come here.
你会把我的衣服弄乱的
You'll make me untidy.
那好啊
Good.
我知道这么做没错 玛丽
You see, I know it's right, Mary.
我相信我能为咱们的孩子保住唐顿
I believe I can make Downton safe for our children,
如果我们有孩子的话
if we ever have any.
可只有你支持 我才能做到
But I can only do it if you're with me.
那爸爸怎么办呢 我也很爱他
But what about Papa? I do love him.
尽管爱他
Love him by all means,
但相信我
but believe in me.
这样你相信了吧
There. Will that convince you?
再确认一次
Convince me again.
还有 不要说如果
And don't say 'If we ever have any'.
我们一定会有孩子的
Because we will.
这都过了好一阵了
But it's been a while now.
万一卡森先生发现
What if Mr Carson finds out
你一直知道却隐瞒不报
you knew all along and you never told him?
-那像什么话 -但这该由吉米来说吧
- How will that look? - Surely it's for Jimmy to tell?
说不定他也有份呢
Supposing he's in on it?
不会的 我一进屋 他就冲托马斯嚷嚷开了
No. He started yelling at Thomas as soon as I walked in.
那是当然 见你进门就嚷起来了
Yes, I'm sure he did. As soon as you walked in.
要是你没进去呢
What if you hadn't walked in?
抱歉 阿尔弗雷德
I'm sorry, Alfred.
卡森先生是不会容忍♥这类鬼把戏的
Mr Carson won't tolerate these sort of shenanigans
他要是发现你知情不报 会大发雷霆
and he'll be furious if he finds out you knew and you said nothing.
为了自保 你必须说出来
You need to speak up. For your own good.
这一行究竟是做什么的呢
And what exactly does this business consist of?
车辆翻新
Automobile refurbishment.
他是说修车
He means car repairs.
我明白了 你就住在店铺附近吗
I see. And you would live nearby?
车♥库♥后面有房♥间
We've rooms over the garage.
不远处还有个小公园
There's a bit of a park not too far away.
那还真不错
Well, that's something.
这顿晚宴还真是似曾相识
I remember an evening rather like this.
一次从苏格兰回伦敦的途中
We were travelling back from Scotland to London
火车突然被暴风雪挡住了去路
when the train was suddenly engulfed by a blizzard
我们就在米德尔斯堡一家商务旅馆过了一夜
and we spent the night in a tradesmen's hotel in Middlesbrough.
洗礼都谁会去呢
So who's coming to the Christening?
大家应该都会去吧
All of us, I expect.
奶奶呢
Granny?
只要布兰森...只要汤姆不嫌弃
Well, yes. If Branson... Tom wants me to.
我将倍感荣幸
I would be honoured.
罗伯特 您也去吗
Robert, are you coming?
汤姆不会希望我去的 而且我会无所适从
Tom doesn't want me there and I wouldn't know what to do.
又是划十字 又是起立坐下的
All that crossing and bobbing up and down.
我在罗马参观过一次弥撒
I went to a Mass once in Rome,
简直像看体操表演
it was more like a gymnastic display.
我非常希望您到场
I would like you to be there very much.
为什么 我去不去有什么关系
Why? What difference would it make?
我只知道 茜玻会希望您在场的
All I know is Sybil would want you there.
她那么爱您
She loved you with all her heart
一定也希望您参加洗礼
and she would want you there.
这你也要反驳吗
Will you argue with that?
既然你如此看重 我就去吧
Not if you think it's so important.
伦敦之行还好吗
How did you get on in London?
其实
Well, as a matter of fact,
我还有事要宣布
I've got an announcement to make.
就现在说吧
Now is as good a time as any.
大家听我说
Listen, everyone.
我们家有位记者了
You have a journalist in the family.
乡村律师和汽车修理工都有了
Since we have a country solicitor and a car mechanic,
出个记者也是迟早的事了
it's only a matter of time.
那个编辑人怎么样
How was the editor in the end?
不错啊 挺好的
Oh, nice. Very nice.
你下决心要说了吗
So you're ready to speak out?
你是对的 我必须说
I think you're right and I must.
这就对了
Good.
他这是有违人伦纲常
He has broken all the fundamental laws of God and man.
就该上报他的罪行 然后看他栽跟头
Report him as you should and then stand back and enjoy his fall.
我没懂
I don't understand.
你在杂♥志♥上打广♥告♥
You've placed an advertisement in a magazine,
替我的管家另找工作
to find a job for my housekeeper?
就知道你不会同意
I knew you'd be against it.
如果我给你的
Well, how would you feel
厨子或管家另谋职位 你会怎么想
if I found other work for your cook or butler?
奶奶认为 让艾瑟尔离开是为她好
Granny feels that for Ethel's sake she should move elsewhere.
骗谁呢 她才不在乎艾瑟尔
Oh, nonsense. She couldn't give tuppence about Ethel
或者她们那样的人
or anyone like her!
你是共♥产♥主义的报纸看多了
You've been reading those Communist newspapers again.
你们大概没有啤酒吧
I don't suppose there's any beer?
你还没喝够吗
Haven't you had enough?
当然有啤酒
Of course we have beer.
我们肯定还是有一点吧 卡森
We must have some somewhere. Carson?
应该还有 小姐 我去拿
I believe so, m'lady. I'll fetch it.
今晚结束之前 家里能唱起《莫利·马仑》了
What's the betting we'll have a chorus of Molly Malone before we finish?
[爱尔兰首都都柏林的非正式市歌♥]
是你把汤姆推向了他哥哥的怀抱
You're the one pushing Tom into his brother's arms.
茜玻不希望他走 她亲口告诉我的
This is not what Sybil wanted for him. She told me.
卡森 请让休斯太太在大厅等我
Oh, Carson. Would you ask mrs Hughes to meet me in the hall, please?
好的 老夫人
Very good, m'lady.
我稍后就端啤酒来 先生
I'll bring the beer in a moment, sir.
这里也没那么糟
It isn't so bad here, after all.
我不清楚 她就让你上去一趟
I don't know. She just asked if you could go up.
看来得走一趟了
I suppose I'll have to.
-怎么回事 -他们说不用我们服侍了
- What's this? - They said we could go.
要叫车的时候会拉铃的
They'll ring when they need the car.
卡森先生 能说句话吗
Mr Carson, might I have a word?
我得把这个端上去
Well, I have to take this up.
好吧 跟我来
Oh, very well then. Come with me.
休斯太太 你一向很关心艾瑟尔
Mrs Hughes, you have always taken an interest in Ethel.
你认为我做错了吗
Do you think I'm wrong?
不
No.
艾瑟尔留在村子里将注定是孤独的
While Ethel is in this village she is doomed to be lonely.
但就像老夫人说的 如果
But if, as her ladyship suggests,
她能在别处找到工作
she can get a job far away from here...
她现在厨艺不差 再加上一封体面的推荐信
She's not a bad cook now and with a respectable reference,
这个您肯定会给她写
which of course you can give her...
我不能接受的是
I can't get over how
你们完全背着我策划了这一切
you've planned all this without a word to me.
因为我知道你不会同意
Well, I knew you wouldn't agree.
我知道你讨厌面对事实
I know how you hate facing facts.
这话我不爱听 抱歉 但我就是不爱听
I resent that. I'm sorry, but I do.
卡劳利夫人 希望您不会觉得我这人没气量
Mrs Crawley, I hope you don't see me as an intolerant person.
-不会 -因为我赞成老夫人的做法
- No. - Because I agree with her ladyship.
如果让艾瑟尔去一个新地方 重新开始
In a new place, where she can start again,
她更可能找到幸福
Ethel has far more chance of happiness
总比在唐顿上演她自己的《红字》要强
than in re-enacting her own version of The Scarlet Letter in Downton.
《红字》是什么
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表