剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
You were right, though.
确实有证据 你也找到了
The proof was out there, and you found it.
《每日简报》的编辑想请我撰稿
The editor of The Sketch wants me to write for him.
他读到了我给《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》的信
He saw my letter to The Times,
想请我去写定期专栏
and wants to give me a regular column.
多久一♥期♥
How regular?
关于什么内容
And what about?
每周一♥期♥ 我想写什么都可以
Once a week, and I can write about whatever I like.
应该是写现代女性面临的问题
It would be the problems faced by a modern woman
而不是奥斯曼帝国的陨落 但那也不错
rather than the fall of the Ottoman Empire, but even so.
你会署真名吗
But will you write under your own name?
我还没想过
I hadn't thought.
你别无选择 他想要的就是这个
You won't have an option. That's what he's buying,
他看中的就是你的名望和头衔
that's what he wants - your name and your title.
我看未必
I don't know.
我觉得伊迪丝写给《泰♥晤♥士♥报♥》的信很有意思
I thought Edith's letter to The Times was very interesting.
算了马修 我永远是这个家的失败者
Don't bother, Matthew - I'm always a failure in this family.
听到这我很遗憾 伯德太太
I'm sad to hear this, Mrs Bird.
我也很遗憾 夫人
And I'm sad to say it, madam,
但这事让我整夜难眠
but it's kept me awake all night,
我绝对不能跟一个...
and I know I cannot work alongside a woman of the...
选择了那种道路的女人共事
..A woman who has chosen that way of life.
但是帕克斯小姐已经改过了
But Miss Parks has changed.
或许是 或许不是
Maybe she has and maybe she hasn't.
但如果我默许了她 我的名誉也会受损
But if I tolerate her, I would be tarnished by it.
万一别人以为我也从事过同样的...
Suppose people come to think that I'd followed the same...
她之前的职业呢
profession as what she has.
伯德太太 没有人会对你有那样的看法
Nobody could look at you and think that, Mrs Bird.
希望如此 因为我品行端正
Well, I hope not, because I'm a respectable woman.
我没什么财产 但却有清白的名声
I may not have much, but I have my good name,
所以我必须保护这名声
and I must protect it.
我会给你一个月的薪水作为代通知金
You'll have a month's wages in lieu of notice.
你打算去哪儿
Where will you go?
回曼彻斯特
Back to Manchester.
我可以和我姐姐住
I can stay with my sister.
她说这年头家庭厨师很好找工作
She says there's plenty of work for a plain cook these days.
他们肯定会对你满意的
And they will find one in you.
再见 伯德太太 祝你好运
Goodbye, Mrs Bird, and good luck.
你还想知道什么关于生孩子的事吗 艾薇
Is there anything else you need to know about having babies, Ivy?
说真的 我要是把你们俩跟我说的话
Honestly, if I told Mrs Patmore the things
告诉帕特莫太太 你们就要挨卡森先生教训了
you two say to me you'd be up before Mr Carson.
你下午休息打算做些什么
What are you doing with your afternoon off?
-与你无关 -我打算让它与我有关
- None of your business. - I'd like to make it my business.
-你给饼模打过油了吗 -打了
- Have you greased the cake tins? - Yes.
点心呢
What about the pastry?
在食物柜里呢
It's in the larder.
那就开始收拾今晚要做的蔬菜
Then get started on the vegetables for tonight.
她可真好说话 是吧
She doesn't want much, does she?
她不喜欢我
She doesn't like me.
-为什么 -不知道
- Why not? - I don't know.
她就是不喜欢
She just doesn't.
不喜欢你的人都该去检查脑袋
Well, anyone who doesn't like YOU needs their head examining.
你也同意吗 吉米
I hope you agree with him, Jimmy?
他说得很对
That'd be telling.
我们是最先下来的吗
Are we the first down?
茜玻怎么样
How is Sybil?
睡了 感谢上帝
Sleeping, thank God.
她一下午都非常不安
She's been restless all afternoon.
我觉得应该快了
I don't think it'll be long now.
我很遗憾你们没能在都柏林
I'm sorry it couldn't have been in Dublin.
我们知道那对你有多重要
We know how much it meant.
没什么比她更重要了
Nothing means more than she does.
你确定需要的一切都已齐备了
And you're sure you have everything you need?
十分确定
Quite sure.
您好 奶奶 您来了真好
Hello, Granny. You're here. How nice.
在孩子出生前 奶奶每晚都会来这里
Your grandmother will be with us every night until the baby's born.
我讨厌收到二手消息
I hate to get news second-hand.
您不用等很久了
Well, you won't have long to wait.
晚饭后 我想请克拉克森医生来
I thought I'd bring up Dr Clarkson after we've eaten.
对了 我和伯爵也讨论过这位好医生
Yes, I've been talking to Lord Grantham about the good doctor.
菲利普爵士认为到时屋里人会太多了
Sir Philip feels the room would be too crowded.
眼下还是别去找老克拉克森了
It might be better to leave old Clarkson out of it for the time being.
但我说过会给他打电♥话♥了
But I said I'd telephone.
这真的没有必要
Well, it really isn't necessary.
我向他承诺过
I've given him my word.
不如我晚饭后开车去接他吧
Why don't I run down in the car after dinner, and fetch him?
要浇在鱼上的荷兰酱
The hollandaise for the fish,
放在酱碟里给阿尔弗雷德 然后做蛋奶酥
put it in the sauce boats for Alfred, and do the souffles.
-等我... -你就快点干活儿吧
- As soon as... - Will you just do it?!
让开 快点
Out of my way, quick.
你干什么呢
What are you doing?
还没做好吗
Haven't you done it?
我的天
Oh, my God.
-怎么了 -都结住了
- What's happened? - It's curdled,
可这马上就得端上去 上帝啊
and it's got to go up in a minute. Oh, my Lord!
艾薇能弄好 别担心 忙你的去吧
Ivy can manage it. Don't worry. Go on with what you're doing.
真的吗
Can you really?
是的
I can.
-现在怎么办 -快把蛋给我
- Now what? - Give me an egg quick.
倒下去
Dribble it in.
-但这都毁了 -照做就是
- But it's ruined. - Do what I say.
怎么会这样
How does that work?
-简直是魔法 -职业技巧罢了
- It's magic. - It's one of the tricks of the trade.
你怎么做到的
How have you done that?
就是个...职业技巧罢了
Just...one of the tricks of the trade.
-拿上去吧 -做得好 艾薇
- Well, go and take it up. - Well done, Ivy.
干得漂亮
You played a good one there.
-还不说谢谢 黛西 -谢谢
- Thank her, Daisy. - Yes, thank you.
说句谢谢没要你命吧
That didn't hurt at all, did it?
我告诉你 黛西
I'll tell you what, Daisy,
欺负她可不会让阿尔弗雷德喜欢你
Alfred won't like you any better for being rough on her.
-鱼该由我端 -我端
- I should have the fish. - I'll do it.
等待真是最折磨人的事
There's nothing more tiring than waiting for something to happen.
伊迪丝 你给编辑回信了吗
Edith, have you written back to your editor yet?
什么
What's this?
伊迪丝收到了撰写报纸专栏的邀请
Edith has had an invitation to write a newspaper column.
那受邀去伦敦登台演出是不是也快了
When may she expect an offer to appear on the London stage?
看到没
See?
老天 要生了吗
Oh, God, is it beginning?
上面吩咐 晚餐暂缓
Dinner's suspended, so to speak.
那是说取消 还是晚点吃
Yes, but suspended cancelled, or suspended keeping it hot?
楼下的晚餐该怎么办
What should I do about dinner down here?
我不知道
I couldn't tell you.
但...
But...
你说你担心是什么意思
What do you mean, concerned?
茜玻小姐的脚踝肿了
Lady Sybil's ankles are swollen.
还有点神智混乱
She seems...muddled.
-怎么混乱了 -不在状态
- What sort of muddled? - Not quite there,
神智有些恍惚
not quite in the present moment.
你觉得那意味着什么
And what do you think it means?
意味着她要生了
It means she's having a baby.
借一步说话 克拉克森医生
A word, Dr Clarkson.
失陪
Excuse me.
菲利普爵士不该不让他说话
Sir Philip mustn't bully him into silence.
亲爱的 这不过是克拉克森的职业自尊
My dear, this is just Clarkson's professional pride,
就像理发师会问上个给你理发的人是谁
like barber's asking who last cut your hair.
谁都想做行业翘楚
They always want to be better than any other practitioner.
但我们还是该听他说完
But we must listen to what he has to say.
我同意
I quite agree.
我不想伤到菲利普爵士的自尊
I don't want to hurt Sir Philip's feelings.
这世上我最不在乎的
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表