剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
We haven't even started on the non-Christians,
不说别的 整个印度次大♥陆♥呢
there's the whole Indian subcontinent, begin with.
还有大英帝国 这合祂意吗
And the British Empire, does he approve of that?
如果你是指
If you mean that,
祂是否赞成基♥督♥教旨的扩张
does he approve of the expansion of the Christian message?
是的 我认为祂赞成
Then yes, I think he does.
我也这么认为
And so do I.
可怜的崔维斯先生 你们合伙针对他
Poor Mr Travis, you're all ganging up on him.
您和奶奶还合伙针对汤姆呢
But you and Granny are ganging up against Tom.
我没有
Not me!
诺福克老公爵夫人是我的好朋友
The Dowager Duchess of Norfolk is a dear friend.
她对天主教的虔诚比罗马教皇更甚
And she's more Catholic than the Pope!
我只是认为 让孩子受洗归入另一宗教
I simply do not think that it would help the baby
对孩子不是好事
to be baptised into a different tribe from this one.
她会受洗归入我的宗教
She will be baptised into my tribe.
难道就只有我站在茜玻这边吗
Am I the only one to stand up for Sybil?
她的意愿怎么办
What about her wishes?
茜玻会很高兴孩子成为天主教♥徒♥
Sybil would be happy for the child to be a Catholic.
-你怎么知道 -因为她对我说过
- How do you make that out? - Because she said so to me.
在她去世那天
On the day she died.
真的 我的天 她真这么说
Did she? Oh, God! Did she really?
这真让我吃惊
I'm flabbergasted.
不合传统的事总让你吃惊
You're always flabbergasted by the unconventional.
但在我们这样的家庭
But in a family like this one!
不是每个人都为了合乎礼仪而选择信仰
Not everyone chooses their religion to satisfy Debrett's.
[《德布雷特英国贵族年鉴》 英国贵族礼仪权威读物]
我并不想迫♥害♥天主教♥徒♥
I've no wish to persecute Catholics,
但我很难相信他们会忠于皇室
but I find it hard to believe they're loyal to the crown.
如果他们知道你不想烧死他们了
Well it'll be a relief for them to know you no longer want them
肯定会松口气
burned at the stake.
-我不信什么正统教义 -这词你都懂
- I don't believe in orthodoxy. - That's a long word.
人可以选择与众不同而不陷自己于不义
A man can choose to be different without it making him a traitor.
我同意
I agree.
我不喜欢讨论宗教 只会引发争吵
I don't like discussing religion. We'll only fall out.
-而且这是我们的私事 -阿门
- And sure it's our private business. - Amen.
但是挺滑稽的 不是吗
It's funny, though, isn't it?
又是拉丁语 又是发臭的烟
All that Latin and smelly smoke
还有穿黑袍的男人
and men in black dresses.
我庆幸我信的是英国国教
I'm glad I'm Church of England, me.
真的 那你对圣餐变体论怎么看
Really? What do you feel about transubstantiation?
什么
You what?
别在意 阿尔弗雷德 你心地纯正
Never mind, Alfred. Your heart's in the right place.
这屋里可不是人人都这样
I can't say that for everyone under this roof.
当茜玻说起要孩子信天主教时
When Sybil was talking about the baby being a Catholic,
你觉得她知道自己要死了吗
did you get the sense that she knew?
我当时并不确定
I'm not sure. Not at the time.
可之后我想过这事
Of course, I've asked myself since.
虽然经历了四年战争
You'd think we'd be used to young death,
英年早逝还是让人难以接受
after four years of war.
所以我们不能将任何事视为理所应当
That's why we must never take anything for granted.
这也是我想让罗伯特认清的
Which is what I'm trying to get Robert to see.
唐顿并不是上天赐予他的
He wasn't given Downton by God's decree.
要保住它 我们必须付出努力
We have to work if we want to keep it.
但不仅仅是唐顿
But not only Downton.
还有我们
Us.
永远不能把"我们"视为当然
We must never take "Us" for granted.
谁知道接下来会发生什么
Who knows what's coming?
有件事我视为当然
Well, I have to take one thing for granted.
我会永远爱你 至死不渝
That I will love you until the last breath leaves my body.
我的爱人 我也是
Oh, my darling! Me too.
我也是
Me too.
但这和你之前说的很不一样
But this is quite different from the story told before.
我不觉得
I don't think it is.
恐怕的确是这样
I'm afraid so.
你说你吃过晚饭后
You said you went to Mrs Bates's house
去了贝茨太太家
AFTER you'd eaten your evening meal
当时她正在准备自己的晚餐
and she was in the process of cooking hers.
我见她时的确刚吃过饭 这是没错
I had just eaten when I saw her, that's true.
但我吃的是午饭
But it was dinner at midday.
贝茨先生是当天下午去她家的
Mr Bates was going to call on her that afternoon.
但是
But, er...
你曾说过 煤气灯光打在雨滴上
you described how the light from the gas lamps caught the rain
在她周围形成了一个光环
and made a kind of...halo round her.
我可说不出这么矫情的话
That sounds rather fanciful for me.
那么你不记得你说过这话喽
So, you do not remember saying it?
我不记得 因为我根本没说过
I don't remember because I never said it.
我懂了
I see.
我很好奇 既然你的证词无法改变判决
As a matter of interest, why did you let me come today
那今天为什么还要让我来呢
if nothing you could say would alter the verdict?
我觉得你该看看现实中的人是如何生活
I thought it was time you saw how real people live.
黛西呢
Where's Daisy?
去扮挤奶工了
Gone off to play the milkmaid.
你喜欢跳舞吗
Do you like dancing?
她当然喜欢 谁不喜欢跳舞啊
Of course she likes dancing. Everyone likes dancing.
我喜欢狐步舞 你呢
I love the foxtrot, don't you?
还行吧
It's all right.
你呢 阿尔弗雷德
What about you, Alfred?
他才不跳狐步舞呢 对吧 阿尔弗雷德
Alfred wouldn't do the foxtrot, would you, Alfred?
他肯定觉得那和他的身份不相称
He takes himself too seriously for that.
好吧 我喜欢
Well, I love it.
我觉得它让你感受到年轻的幸福
I think it makes you glad to be young.
我 经营这座农场 你说真的吗
Me? Run this farm? Are you serious?
不是现在 不过总有一天会的
Not right away. But eventually.
但我是个厨娘啊
But I'm a cook!
你以为农场就不用做饭了
And you think there's no cooking on a farm?
你还可以做生意呢
You could do a cracking trade.
卖♥♥点果酱 果冻 蛋糕什么的
With jams and jellies and cake and all sorts.
你可以拿到集市上去卖♥♥
You could sell 'em at the fairs.
但我是个女人啊
But I'm a woman.
真的吗
Are you?
这我可不知道呢
Well, I never knew that!
以前也有做佃户的寡妇
There are widows who take on a tenancy.
宅里人又喜欢你 他们不会拒绝你的
You're liked in the big house. They'll not refuse you.
我这里有农具 有牲口
I own the equipment, all the stock.
我还留了不少钱
And I've quite a bit put by.
活儿虽辛苦 但你也习惯了
It's hard work, but you're used to that.
我现在没法答复
I can't answer now.
那是当然
No, of course not.
但好好考虑一下
But think on it.
还有件事
And think on this and all.
我希望你能搬到这里
My dream would be if you were to come here
和我住一起 这样我就能教你了
and live with me so I could teach you.
但我一直以为我这辈子就做佣人了
But I always thought I'd spend my life in service.
你还要干四十年
You have 40 years of work ahead of you.
你真觉得唐顿庄园这样的宅子
Do you think these great houses like Downton Abbey
还能一成不变地继续运作四十年吗
are going to go on just as they are for another 40 years?
我不这么想
Because I don't.
老夫人 您找我
You wanted to speak to me, Lady Grantham.
是的
Yes.
是关于一件伤心事 请坐吧
On a melancholy matter I'm afraid. Please.
我想再谈谈我孙女的死
I want to talk a little more about the death of my granddaughter.
真是可怕的悲剧
A terrible, terrible tragedy.
但现在我担心的不是这个
But now I am concerned beyond that.
您是担心孩子吗
Oh? Are you worried for the child?
不 也不是
No, not especially, no.
那小家伙看着挺健壮的
She seems quite a tough little thing.
克拉克森医生 我的儿媳认定
Dr Clarkson, my daughter-in-law is quite convinced
如果您有机会 本可以挽救茜玻
you could have saved Sybil, had you been allowed to.
这种事情没有人能说得准
One can never speak of these things with any certainty.
这就是我要说的
Well, this is the point.
茜玻活下来的机会有多大
What was the likelihood of Sybil's survival?
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表