剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
What is The Scarlet Letter?
纳撒尼尔·霍桑[美国作家]的一部小说
A novel. By Nathaniel Hawthorne.
听着就不得当
It sounds most unsuitable.
我会找艾瑟尔谈的
I'll talk to Ethel.
我不明白你的意思 你说托马斯在干什么
I don't understand what you're saying. Thomas was doing what?
我亲眼所见 卡森先生
That's what I saw, Mr Carson.
那詹姆斯呢
And what was James doing?
他当时估计是睡着了
I think he was asleep,
因为他一下子惊醒过来 非常生气
because he just woke and he got very angry...
确实应该生气
As he should have been, by God.
我姨妈说他可能看到我进去 故意装着发火
My auntie says he might have been faking because I walked in,
但我觉得不像
but it didn't look fake to me.
你姨妈一贯持有这种狭隘的看法
Well, we can always rely on your aunt to take the ungenerous view.
不许跟任何人提起这件事 明白了吗
You will not speak of this to anyone. Is that clear?
关于这件事 我不想在休息室听到一个字
I don't want to hear the subject even mentioned in the servants' hall.
好的 卡森先生
Very good, Mr Carson.
这个世界总是无奇不有 阿尔弗雷德
The world can be a shocking place, Alfred,
但你是男人 一定要学会忍♥
but you are a man now and you must learn to take it on the chin.
请您原谅 夫人 我走神了
Beg pardon, Ma'am. I was miles away.
没关系
That's all right.
我来只想让你知道我回来了
I just wanted to let you know that I was back.
-您要喝茶吗 -不用 谢谢
- Would you like some tea? - No, thank you.
我这就去睡了
I'm going straight to bed.
艾瑟尔...
Ethel...
你开心吗
are you happy?
我想总比之前过的那种生活开心
Well, I... I suppose I'm happy compared to what I was before.
我...
You see I...
算了
Never mind.
晚安
Good night.
年轻人都睡了 我怎么还在这儿
How can I still be here when all the young have gone to bed?
-车子随叫随到 -贾维斯什么时候走
- The motor's ready when you are. - When is Jarvis leaving?
不知道
I'm not sure.
四十年劳心劳力却没能得到应有的回报
It seems a poor return for 40 years of service.
或许吧 但他毕竟是你父亲的手下
Maybe. But he was your father's man.
对他来说 你永远只是少爷 不是老爷
To him, you were always the young master, never the Chief.
不管怎样 我们现在都得找人来接替他了
Which does not alter the fact that now we must find someone else.
但你已经有人选了
But you've already found him.
什么意思
What do you mean?
显然 解决所有问题的方法
Well, obviously the answer to a thousand different questions
就是让布兰森来接替这个职位
is to give the position to Branson.
汤姆
Tom.
如果他成了代理人
Well if he's the agent,
我们就又能喊他布兰森了 谢天谢地
we can call him Branson again, thank heaven.
-这太荒唐了 -一点也不
- That's a mad plan. - It's not.
这样汤姆和马修可以一起实践新想法
Tom and Matthew can work on the new ideas together.
他们年纪相当
They're the same age.
可他哪懂农业啊
But what does he know of farming?
-他祖父是农民 -那只是小打小闹
- His grandfather was a farmer. - In a small way.
那他的实际经验也是贾维斯遥不可及的
Which means he has more practical experience than Jarvis ever had.
想想你孙女
Think of the child.
你不会想让你唯一的孙女
You cannot want your only granddaughter
和那个粗俗的酒鬼住一起 在车♥库♥里长大吧
to grow up in a garage with that drunken gorilla?
这是我们欠茜玻的啊
Don't we owe this to Sybil?
那我有个条件 不 两个
I'll do it on one condition. No, two.
-首先马修得同意 -他会同意的
- First, Matthew must agree. - He will.
其次 如果事实证明你们错了 你们得承认
Second, you will both admit it when you realise you were wrong.
这条件很好接受
Oh, well, that is an easy caveat to accept
我从来没错过
because I'm never wrong.
不用我说你也知道 这是刑事犯罪
I don't need to tell you that this is a criminal offence.
我们没做什么
We hadn't done anything.
还不是阿尔弗雷德闯进去才搅了你的计划
But you were hoping to do something if Alfred hadn't come in.
-想想又不犯法 -少跟我耍小聪明
- It's not against the law to hope. - Don't you get clever with me
你都该挨马鞭了
when you should be horsewhipped!
你还要为自己辩解吗
Do you have a defence?
我有什么地方说错了吗
Am I mistaken in any part of this?
没有 卡森先生
Not really, Mr Carson.
至于辩解 我能说什么呢
As for a defence, what can I say?
我确实对他很有好感
I was... very drawn to him
我以为他对我也有好感
and I'd got the impression that he felt the same way.
是我误会了
I was wrong.
这不太容易误会吧
It seems an odd mistake to make.
卡森先生 像我这样的人
When you're like me, Mr Carson,
都不敢表明身份
you have to read the signs
所以我们就得学会察言观色
as best as you can because no one dares speak out.
我不想听你讲这些离经叛道的事
I do not wish to take a tour of your revolting world.
当然不
No.
所以按你所说
So, are you saying that
这件事詹姆斯完全没有责任
James is the innocent party in all this?
是 卡森先生 他是无辜的
Yes, Mr Carson, he is.
我会好好考虑的
I will take time to consider.
我们得先问清詹姆斯打算怎么处理
We must first find out what James intends to do.
他完全有权利向警方举报你
He'd be within his rights to report you to the police.
不过我认为还不至于这么严重
Although I'm quite sure it won't come to that.
你能向我保证什么都没发生吗
Will you give me your word that nothing had happened?
是的 我保证
I will, yes.
好的 晚安
Right. Good night.
巴罗先生看起来愁容满面啊
Mr Barrow looks very grim faced.
别管他了
Never mind him.
人性还真是个奇妙的东西
Human nature's a funny business, isn't it?
诗人都该来投奔你 卡森先生
Now why didn't the poets come to you, Mr Carson?
能省下不少时间和精力呢
They'd have saved themselves a lot of time and trouble.
这是干什么
What's this?
希望你不介意
I hope you don't mind.
请大家围着爸爸站好
If you could all form a group around the father.
-基里安 -妈妈 您站在伊泽贝尔旁边吧
- Kieran. - Right, Mama, do you want to go next to Isobel?
少了茜玻感觉真奇怪
It seems so strange without Sybil here.
她在看着呢 我知道
She's watching. I know.
我真嫉妒您的信心
I envy you. I wish I did.
稍微过来一点 谢谢
Ever so slightly, thank you so much.
您想让我来经营整片地♥产♥ 这可是重任
You want me to take on the running of the estate? It's a big job.
就当是茜玻送的洗礼礼物吧
Think of it as a Christening present from Sybil.
汤姆 这主意很棒 我本该想到的
It's a wonderful idea, Tom. I'm ashamed it wasn't mine.
再来一张祖父抱着孩子的吧
Perhaps one with the grandfather holding the baby?
曾祖母也一起来吧
And maybe the great grandmother with him?
为她洗礼的多米尼克神父呢
And what about Father Dominic who Christened her?
怎么了 罗伯特
What's the matter, Robert?
你怕一不留神也变成天主教♥徒♥了吗
Are you afraid you'll be converted while you're not looking?
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表