剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
我相信你 就像相信太阳会照常升起
I don't doubt that the sun will rise in the east either.
哪有你这么高的男仆
You're too tall to be a footman.
男仆身高不能超过一米八五
No footman should be over six foot one.
既然他都来了 还需要讲这规矩吗
That can't be, can it, since he's already been taken on?
你之前做什么工作
Well, what have you done?
我退伍后曾在酒店做侍者
I was a hotel waiter after I was discharged from the army.
但我被裁员了
But they've cut back.
来找工作证明他很有上进心
I think to get a job is a way to show real initiative.
让他自己说吧
I suppose he can speak for himself.
怎么 他在受审吗
Why? Is he on trial?
这不是面试 对吧
This isn't an interview, is it?
他不是都受聘了吗
Not when he's already got the job.
不 奥布瑞恩小姐 这不是面试
No, it is not an interview, Miss O'Brien,
但他还在试用期 如果他不能达到要求
but he is on trial and if he cannot match our standards,
[试用期和受审是同一个词]
也会被判"有罪"
he will be found guilty.
我会努力的 卡森先生
I mean to try, Mr Carson.
那就好
As long as you do.
好了 上楼安顿一下吧
Right, go upstairs and get settled in.
希望你姨妈能找到件合适的号♥服
Your aunt will hopefully find you a livery that fits.
蜜月回来我们先住这里
Just at the start, so we've a place to sleep after the honeymoon.
希望你别反对
You can't object to that.
没关系 他们是好意
No, it's nice of them.
但我怕是会很不习惯
Though I doubt I'll get used to
当着你父亲的面带你回房♥
taking you to bed with your father watching.
我们俩能结婚让他很欣慰
He's so relieved we're getting married,
就算你把我脱♥光♥扛上楼 他也不会介意
he wouldn't mind if you carried me up naked.
当心 我说不定会照办呢
Careful. I might try it.
我不想搬去伦敦
I don't want to move to London or anything.
我倒不是想跟他们作对
I'm not kicking against the traces.
只是想试试他们
Just testing their strengths.
我希望我们能够彼此了解
I want us to get to know each other.
远离大家的注视 认识真实的对方
To learn about who we both are, without everybody being there.
这里足够大 独处机会很多
Well, it's quite a big house.
这是个温馨的家
It's a lovely house.
这里是你家 我也愿把它当成我家
It's your home and I want it to be my home too.
但我需要时间
Just not quite yet.
-到赞善里 -是 先生
- Chancery Lane. - Yes, sir.
我已经和弗罗比舍还有卡伦谈过了
I've spoken to Frobisher and Curran
如果情况需要 我是庄园的托管人
and, since I am a trustee, should the estate ever need one,
由我来告诉您这件事比较合适
we felt I ought to be the one to tell you.
听起来事情很严重
You make it sound very serious.
您要是没意识到多严重 是我表达不利
I'm expressing myself badly if you think it is not serious.
我们为什么投那么多钱进去
Why did we invest so much?
格兰瑟姆伯爵 当初是您坚持如此
Lord Grantham, it was you who insisted we should.
我们当初并不赞成
If you remember, we advised against it.
但战争必然会导致到处扩建铁路
But war would mean a huge expansion of railways everywhere.
各界预测都是如此
Every forecast was certain.
投资铁路一定会有丰厚利润
Rail shares were bound to make a fortune.
多数情况是如此 但您的主要投资
Many did. But your principal holding,
而且数目不小
which was very large indeed,
都给了加拿大主干线
was in the Canadian Grand Trunk Line.
那可是英属北美地区的主要铁路啊
It was the main railway in british North America, for God's sake.
不止我一人 大家都认定能赚钱
It wasn't just me. Everyone said we couldn't lose.
我们知道唐顿这样的庄园会面临困境
We knew hard times were coming for estates like Downton
这笔投资能保我们平安
and this investment would make it safe for the rest of time.
查尔斯·海兹是商界奇才
Charles Hays was the presiding genius
他去世后 公♥司♥管理大不如...
and since he died, the management has not...
事实是 公♥司♥即将宣布破产
The fact is, the company is about to be declared bankrupt.
这一铁路线
And the line will be absorbed
也将归于加拿大国家铁路公♥司♥
into the Canadian National Railways scheme.
你的意思是 我已经血本无归了吗
Are you really telling me that all the money has gone?
是的
I'm afraid so.
还有柯拉那一大笔财产
The lion's share of Cora's fortune?
我不会认输的 莫里
I won't give in, Murray.
我为唐顿费尽心血 不能付诸东流
I've sacrificed too much to Downton to give in now.
我不能做败坏祖业的人
I refuse to be the failure,
一人失足 而导致家业毁于一旦
the earl who dropped the torch and let the flame go out.
恕我直言
I hate to state the obvious,
如果没有足够资金来维持
but if there's not enough money to run it...
只能卖♥♥掉唐顿
Downton must go.
除非您愿把庄园拆开一点点卖♥♥掉
Unless you break it up and sell it off piecemeal.
我做不到
I couldn't do that.
这不仅关乎到我个人的存亡
I have a duty beyond saving my own skin.
庄园必须提供职位 维持大宅
The estate must be a major employer and support the house
否则一切都毫无意义了
or there's no point to it. To any of it.
早上好
Morning.
伊迪斯小姐
Lady Edith...
你好
Hello.
你怎么在这里
What are you doing here?
我来接站 但我来早了
I'm meeting a train, but I'm too early.
-我可不敢耽误你 -我也没什么事
- Oh. I mustn't hold you up. - I'm not doing anything.
婚礼忙昏头了 刚好喘口气
I thought I'd get away from wedding panic.
你不喜欢婚礼吗
Don't you like weddings?
怎么可能 我当然喜欢
Don't be silly. Of course I do.
只是准备服饰 摆花 酒宴和宾客
Only I've talked of clothes and flowers and food and guests
忙得我昏天暗地
until I'm blue in the face.
是啊 婚礼是会让人倍感孤独
Yes, weddings can be reminders of one's loneliness, can't they?
抱歉 我真不会说话
Sorry. I don't know why I said that.
安排得如何
So, how's it going?
你外祖母会从纽约赶来参加婚礼吗
Is your grandmother coming over from New York for it?
是啊
She is.
茜玻呢 她到了吗
And Sybil... Is she here yet?
其实 她本不想来 但我想她改主意了
As a matter of fact, she wasn't coming. But I think she is now.
玛丽今早收到她的来信
Mary had a letter this morning.
-爸爸还不知道 -他会很高兴的
- Papa doesn't know yet. - He will be pleased.
希望如此
I do hope so.
您蜜月回来要去大宅住吗
So you'll live at the big house when you're back from honeymoon?
暂时落脚而已
Not live. Stay.
等我们想好去哪里就搬出去
We'll stay there until we decide where to go.
应该会待在庄园内 或者在村里
It'll be on the estate, I should think, or in the village.
-不留在这里吗 -不
- Not here? - No.
但我希望你和伯德太太能留下照顾夫人
But I shall expect you and Mrs Bird to look after Mrs Crawley.
您不带我一起走吗 先生
You'll not be taking me with you, sir?
我觉得您婚后该有位得力的男仆侍候着
Only I thought you'd be needing a proper valet, once you're married.
我一直把你当做管家
I've always thought of you as a butler
只是兼了贴身男仆的活儿
who helps out as a valet
-而不是反过来 -我愿意做男仆
- not the other way round. - I'd be happy to be a valet, sir.
尤其在大宅里工作
Especially in the big house.
我们不会在大宅待很长
We won't be at the big house for long.
说实话 莫斯利
To be honest, Molesley,
婚后我想生活得简单些
I want to live more simply after the wedding.
而且 母亲可离不开你呢
And besides, Mother absolutely relies on you.
您这么说我很开心 先生 谢谢您
Well, that's very nice to hear, sir. Thank you.
您一定累坏了 老爷
You must be exhausted, my lord.
在伦敦待了还不到两个小时
You can't have spent more than two hours in London.
足够了
It was sufficient.
您不在的时候 新男仆已经到了
The new footman arrived while you were gone.
什么
What?
他今早收到电报 直接赶过来了
Yes, he got the cable this morning and came straight over.
就职心切
Very eager.
长得也很高
And very tall.
什么时候...
But when did...
算了
Never mind.
你知道新男仆的事吗
Did you know about the new footman?
当然知道 他已经到了
Of course. He's already here.
-为什么没人告诉我 -什么
- Why did no-one tell me? - What do you mean?
我们昨晚谈过这件事了 就在我房♥间
We talked about it last night. In my room.
不许再招人了 一个也不行
Well, nobody else must be taken on. Absolutely no-one.
直到事情尘埃落定
Until things are settled.
什么事情
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表