剧集 | 至亲血统(2015) | 导航列表
Got it.
明白
Any luck? No, nothing.
有发现吗 没有
John?
约翰
John, anything?
约翰 有发现吗
John?
约翰
No.
没有
It's clean.
没有发现
In 1979, I was ten years old.
1979年 我十岁
All of us kids, we lived here at the inn.
孩子们那时都住在旅馆里
And our parents had one rule,
我们的父母有一条规矩
it was the granddaddy rule of them all.
那条规矩是所有规矩的基础
And that was...
那就是
that you do not go into the guests' rooms, ever.
绝对不能进入客人的房♥间
Well, I was a 10-year-old kid.
我当时是个十岁的孩子
One afternoon, a couple guests came along and they were very mysterious.
一天下午 一对夫妇来住店 他们非常神秘
And I was intrigued. So, the next morning,
我的好奇心被激发了 所以第二天早上
I went to the front desk.
我去了前台
I took their room key,
我拿了他们的房♥间钥匙
and I went out and I watched until they left for the day.
然后出去看着 一直等到他们离开旅馆
I let myself into their room
我进入了他们的房♥间
and my heart was pounding. I closed that door,
心扑通扑通跳 我关上门
and I tell you, it was like, uh...
告诉大家 那就像...
It was like being in one of those detective novels, you know?
就像侦探小说中一样的情节
And I poked around and I prodded and I looked here and there.
我这里找找那里碰碰 到处翻遍了
I laid down on the bed and
我在床上躺下了
a couple hours later, the people came back
几个小时后 那对夫妇回来了
and they found a 10-year-old detective asleep on their bed.
然后发现一个十岁的警探在他们的床上睡着了
Now, you all knew my father.
大家都知道我父亲
Most of you knew my father. God bless him.
大部分人都知道吧 上帝保佑他
You know when he was angry, he had a silence to him.
你们知道他生气的时候会变得沉默
And the more silent he was, the more angry he was.
他越是沉默 就代表他越生气
And I tell you, he was deadly silent
当时我们一起到他面前时
when we came together, and he said to me after this, he said:
他真的沉默得可怕 之后他跟我说
"I'm happy for you."
我为你高兴
Well, he says, "I'm happy for you because every day after today,
他说 我为你高兴是因为今天之后
you will always know the meaning of right and wrong."
你就知道对错的意义了
And then there was my mother, who I can never,
然后是我妈妈 我永远
never forget the look on your face.
永远都忘不了当时你的表情
Because it was a look...
因为那是一种
of disappointment and betrayal.
失望 被背叛的表情
And she only said one word to me:
她只跟我说了一个词
"Why?"
为什么
And I'll tell you, I have been trying to
告诉大家 我这辈子一直
figure out the answer to that question my whole life.
在思考那个问题的答案
I don't live here at this inn anymore.
我不再住这里的旅馆了
I live in the real world...
我住在真实的世界里
where right and wrong...
这里的对与错
have life and death consequences.
会引发生死后果
That's why I'm officially announcing today
所以今天我正式宣布
that I am running for Sheriff of Monroe County.
我要竞选门罗郡的警长
Because I realized that
因为我意识到
there is no answer to my mother's question:
我母亲的问题没有答案
"Why?"
没有为什么
There's only human nature.
只有人性
And human nature needs to be nurtured...
人性需要后天培养
and policed...
需要制度约束
so as to save us from ourselves.
这样我们才能从自我毁灭中自救
剧集 | 至亲血统(2015) | 导航列表