剧集 | 鬼楼契约(2012) | 导航列表
维瓦尔第 g小调双大提琴协奏曲 作品531号♥
Vivaldi- Concerto for 2 Cellos in G minor, RV 531
护照
真不敢相信已经十年了 哈特威尔先生
Hard to believe it's been ten years, Mr. Hartwell.
还没到 拜托了 再给我点时间
Not yet. Please. I need more time.
亲爱的朋友啊 我一向是个很大方的人
I'm generous with a lot of things, my friend,
可在这一点上绝对不行
but that is not one of them.
给你讲讲我认识的一位小提琴家吧
Let me tell you about a violinist I knew.
他苦于天赋不足
The hard truth was he just wasn't talented enough.
你觉得他愿意付出什么代价
What do you think he would have given
来换得技惊四座
to be the best?
任何代价
Anything.
不是任何代价
Not anything.
是一切
Everything.
求求你
I'm begging you.
拜托了 再给我一年时间
Please, just another year.
你签了一份必须执行的合同
You signed a binding contract.
是时候清账了
Now it's time to settle up.
亲爱的主啊
Oh, dear God,
感谢您
I thank you.
第一季 第一集
鬼楼契约
这是995号♥
This is 995.
咱们找的是公园大街999号♥
We're looking for 999 Park Avenue.
在那儿
Oh, there it is.
太漂亮了
Oh. Look how beautiful.
我的天啊
Oh, my.
这房♥子不错 你觉得呢
Nice digs. What do you think?
我觉得咱们连里面的一个橱柜都租不起
God. I think we couldn't afford to rent a closet in this place.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
下午好
Good afternoon.
天啊 我知道这里
Oh, my God. I know this place.
什么
What?
它去年春天上了《建筑文摘》
It was in "Architectural Digest" last spring.
-真的吗 -当然
- Really? - Yeah.
我们到了
Oh, here we go.
打扰一下 我们来见多伦先生
Excuse me. We're here to see Mr. Doran.
好的 请在这里登记
Uh, of course. Of course. Uh, sign in, please.
先生夫人贵姓
Mr. and Mrs...
我们还没结婚
Uh, we're not married.
简·凡·维恩和亨利·马丁
Uh, Jane Van Veen and Henry Martin.
我奶奶的包裹到了没
Did my grandma's package arrive yet?
我正打电♥话♥呢
Yeah, I'm on the phone.
他可真忙
He's so busy.
多伦先生在顶楼等你们
Mr. Doran will see you now in the penthouse.
好的 谢谢你
Great. Thank you.
祝你们成功就职
Hope you get the job.
再高点 找个更大的梯子来
Higher. Get a bigger ladder.
这个得再挂高点儿
It needs to go higher.
有什么能帮你们的吗
Oh. Uh, can I help you?
我们来面试 亨利·马丁和简·凡·维恩
Uh, we have an interview. Henry Martin. Jane Van Veen.
对了 应聘住户管♥理♥员♥
Oh, of course, for the manager position. Yes.
欢迎 我是奥利维亚·多伦
Welcome. I'm Olivia Doran.
你们想要特浓咖啡 还是苏打水
Um, can I get you an espresso? Sparkling water?
-不用了 谢谢你 -谢谢 我们没事
- I-I'm okay. Thank you, though. - No, thanks. We're--we're good.
那我去告诉加文你们来了
Oh. Let me tell Gavin you're here.
住户管♥理♥员♥需要处理
The resident manager handles
德雷克大楼的日常管理事宜
the day-to-day running of the Drake apartments--
管理书籍 收缴房♥租
managing the books, collecting the rent,
日常维修和保养
general maintenance and upkeep.
不要求全职 不少管♥理♥员♥白天还可以工作
It's not full-time. Most managers keep their day jobs.
你们现在住在哪儿
Where you living now?
皇后区 我们转租了一间卧室
Queens. We have a sublet on a 1-bedroom,
不过是短期的
but it's--it's short-term, though.
克雷格列表 美国分类广♥告♥网站
事实上 我们之前在克雷格列表上找新公♥寓♥
We were looking for a new apartment on Craigslist,
但后来看到了你的广♥告♥
actually, when we saw your ad,
就觉得我们可以干这个
and thought, hey, we can do that.
我们有责任感 勤奋工作 而且
We're responsible and--and hardworking, and...
-手脚麻利 -没错
- Handy. - Yes.
她确实手脚麻利
Well, she is.
你在为市长工作
I see you work for the mayor.
亨利是市长办公室主任
Henry was handpicked by the mayor's chief of staff
从法学院直接选出来的
right out of law school.
真的吗
Is that right?
这没什么
It wasn't a big deal.
事实上 这很厉害
Actually, it kind of was.
简 你呢 你在上班吗
How about you, Jane? Are you working?
目前没有 我向城里的
Presently, no. I mean, I had a job lined up
一家尼克尔斯洛克建筑事务所递了申请
at an architectural firm here in the city--Nichols & Rourke--
不过在最后关头没能成功 所以
But it kind of fell through at the last minute, so...
我能说什么呢 这里可是纽约
Mm. Well, what can I say? This is New York.
不是每个人都能实现梦想
Not everybody gets to make it.
你们也不是第一批怀抱远大志向
Mm. Look, you're not the first people to come to this city
来到这个城市的人了
with some grand ambition.
人之本性皆如此
It's the essential truth of who we are.
每个人都有欲求
We all want something.
可恕我直言
But to be blunt,
我经营的不是慈善事业
I'm not in the charity business.
我需要懂行的人手
I need people who know what they're doing.
多谢来访
Thanks for coming in.
多谢接待
Thank you for having us.
我想请问
I was wondering,
您什么时候翻新的地基
when did you have the foundation retrofitted?
翻新
Retrofitted?
为什么要翻新地基
Why would I do that?
德雷克大楼是1923年建造的
Well, the Drake was built in 1923, right?
当时控制建筑材料的黑帮
And the mob controlled concrete back then--
我记得是莫雷洛帮
the Morello gang, I believe--
为了赚钱偷工减料
And they cut corners to skim a profit,
比如钢筋
like, with steel rebar, for example.
你怎么知道这些
And you know this how?
-我... -她读过建筑学
- Well-- - Oh, she has degrees
和历史遗迹保护学的学位
in architecture and historic preservation.
这些事情上她会比较较真
She's kind of a nut about this stuff.
所以纽约城里许多当时兴建的大厦
That's why a lot of New York buildings from that time
都在加固地基 以防万一
now reinforce their foundations, just in case.
要知道 如果纽约不幸遭到
You know, if the city was ever hit by an earthquake
地震 飓风或者其他天灾
or a hurricane or some other nasty act of God,
我不说出来是会心里不安的
well, shame on me if I didn't say something.
"天灾"
"Nasty act of God"?
但愿不会如此
Heaven forbid.
也许我刚刚的决定过于仓促了
Maybe I dismissed you too quickly.
德雷克大楼主楼12层
The Drake's got 12 floors,
13层是多伦家的阁楼
with the Dorans' penthouse on the 13th.
203套公♥寓♥均已出租
203 apartments full up--
有些整修过 有些没有
some renovated, some not.
共有388位住客
Total of 388 residents in the house.
我以为这里的公♥寓♥楼都是联合经营呢
I thought every building around here had gone co-op.
我们是周边唯一一座自主租赁的公♥寓♥楼
Ah. We're the last rental building in the neighborhood.
多伦先生喜欢亲自审定每一份租约
Mr. Doran likes to approve every tenant himself.
显然是你们的说辞打动了他
Obviously, whatever you guys said won him over, you know?
本来我也在申请这份工作
I was, uh, sort of lobbying for the job myself, you know.
抱歉
Oh. Sorry.
你有什么好抱歉的
What are you saying sorry for?
这是多伦的决定 不是你们的
This is Doran's choice, not yours.
又不是你们从我手里抢了工作
Hey, it's not like, uh, you took the job from me.
楼里家庭住户多吗
So a lot of families live here?
不少 大部分是像你们一样的雅皮士
A few. Mostly yuppies like you two,
指拥有待遇优厚的专业工作和富裕的物质型生活方式的年轻人
还有搞艺术的
some, uh, artsy types,
也有几户享受管制租金的工人家庭
and we got a few working-class folks living under rent control.
垃圾道又堵了 托尼
The trash chute's clogged again, Tony.
我倒垃圾还得爬三层楼
剧集 | 鬼楼契约(2012) | 导航列表