剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表
我也认为这很重要
I too think it's important.
特别是...
Especially as, um...
我计划近期向凯特求婚
I plan to propose to Kate soon.
抱歉突然跟你说这些 如果你需要消化...
I'm sorry to spring that on you. If you need a moment...
没事 我其实已经有点预料到了
It's fine. I, uh, I kind of saw that coming.
最重要的是
Look, most importantly,
你不能在孩子面前大喊大叫
is that you don't yell around the kids.
不要在他们周围争吵 也不要冲他们喊叫
You don't yell around them and you don't yell at them.
好 别担心 英国人不大喊大叫
Yeah, don't worry. British people don't yell.
哪怕我们气极了 我们也只是
Even when we're furious, we just
不满地皱皱鼻子
wrinkle our noses disapprovingly.
听我这么说 你一定感觉很可笑对吗
I'm sure this is all pretty rich coming from me, huh?
如果你听说过 我当父亲的事迹
Based on what you've heard about me. As a dad.
最近我除了好话没听说什么别的
I've heard nothing but good things as of late.
嗯 但不够好 我想
Yeah. Not good enough, I guess.
怎么说
How do you mean?
我曾以为只要我们努力
I thought if we worked hard,
只要修复好关系的裂痕
if we fixed what was broken,
我们就能...
that we would...
重回彼此身边
...that we would find our way back to each other.
但结果我们离婚了 然后
But instead we got divorced and, uh,
凯特和你越走越近 所以...
Kate found her way to you. So...
抱歉 这些话有点离题了
I-I'm sorry. This is, this is kind of getting off the rails.
听我说 托比...
Listen, Toby...
我说什么可能都没法让你好受些
there's not much I can say to make this moment more palatable.
但我想说...
But I will say...
我很爱你们的孩子
I love your children.
而且我认为能一块抚养他们...
And I consider it a great privilege to...
是我的荣幸
to help raise them.
谢谢
Th-Thank you.
刚才那是射门得分吗
Was that a, uh, field goal then?
老天 你连这运动的目标
Good God, man, do you not even understand
都不知道吗
the objective of this game?
我以为刚才看明白了
I thought I did until just now.
如果你想娶凯特·皮尔森
If you want to marry Kate Pearson, you have to have
你至少得对美式橄榄球有个基本了解
at least a general understanding of American football.
这对她的家庭很重要
It is a huge deal in her family.
也对她父亲很重要
It was huge to her father.
好吧 其实美式橄榄球
Um... look, okay, American football
和英式足球没太大区别
is not that different from soccer.
只不过不是把球踢进球门
Except instead of kicking a ball into a goal,
而是要把球带到达阵区
you're trying to carry a ball into an end zone.
结束了 托比
It's over, Toby.
是时候了
It's time.
这就是空闲的单元
This is the unit that's available.
好的 米色确实是我最爱的颜色
Yeah, well, beige is my favorite color.
我们只是想做出对孩子最好的决定
We just want to do whatever's best for the kids.
很高兴听你们这么说
I'm glad to hear that.
离婚从不愉快 但不一定要撕破脸
Divorce is never pleasant, but it doesn't have to be ugly.
调解过程会帮你们梳理
The mediation process helps you work together
共同抚养孩子和分割财产的最佳方式
to decide the best way to co-parent and divide assets.
地下一层
Floor B.
歌♥词大意 *而我*
*我会永远爱你*
*我会永远爱你*
一层
Ground floor.
好了
Okay.
-拜托 你在说谎 -我没说谎
- Oh, come on, you're lying. - I'm not lying!
我没有最不喜欢的学生
I don't have a least favorite student.
我认为他们都很可爱 各有特色 而且...
I think they're all very sweet in their own ways and...
你真没劲
Ugh, you're no fun.
其实不是这样 你很有趣
Actually that is not true. You are extremely fun.
我第一次约会过得很开心 凯特·皮尔森
I am enjoying our first date very much, Kate Pearson.
我也是
Me, too.
不用了
Oh, uh, that's okay.
谢谢你们
Th-Thank you though.
这种个人关注
This-this kind of, like, personal attention
让我感觉很不舒服
makes me very uncomfortable.
深呼吸 深呼吸 菲利普
Well, breathe. Breathe, Philip.
我们一定能挺过
We're gonna get through
这几个善良小哥为我们演奏的音乐的
these nice men playing music for us.
我能失陪一小会吗
Can you excuse me for a sec?
你还好吗
Everything all right?
菲利普 听我说
Philip, listen to me.
我曾嫁给过一个优秀的人
I was married to a wonderful man.
我们也十分爱对方
And we loved each other a lot.
但那却不够
And it wasn't enough.
我们都很害怕把对方推远
We were both so scared of pushing each other away
因而压抑了自己的感觉 日复一日
that we just swallowed our feelings, time after time.
我再也不能进入那样的关系了
And I can never be in a relationship like that again.
理解
Understood.
所以我想直接问你
So I'm gonna ask you directly.
你为什么跟我在一起
What are you doing with me?
你是个万人迷
You are a serial womanizer
跟一群瘦成闪电的女人约会
who dates a string of toothpick-sized women.
我是个最近才离婚
I'm a recently divorced,
也没瘦成闪电 两个孩子的妈妈
non-toothpick-sized mother of two.
我的人生...
My life is...
既混乱 又复杂
it's messy, it's complicated
还很艰难
and it's hard.
而你的毕生追求就是避免这些因素
And you spend your life avoiding those things.
所以我再问你一次
So I'm gonna ask you again.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
等下 你不瘦吗 我都没注意到
Wait, are you not skinny? I hadn't noticed.
你开玩笑...好吧 你知道吗
Are you ser-- Okay, you know what?
显然你根本没法好好说话
You're clearly not capable of having a real conversation.
不 是你太自以为是了
No, it is extremely presumptuous of you
认为我一直都在避免麻烦和困难
to assume that I've avoided messiness and complication
只因为我不像美国人一样
just because I don't go around talking about my feelings
尤其不像你一样 到处谈论自己的感受
all the time like you Americans do, more specifically you do.
你知道的 我也结过一次婚
As you know, I was married once, too.
她很漂亮 却美中不足
And she was beautiful in an imperfect way.
鼻子有点弯 但还是挺好看
Bit of a crooked nose. But it worked for her.
她眼睛看不见
And she was blind.
我们过了很长一段幸福日子
We were happy for a really long time.
但我们没有孩子
But we had trouble conceiving.
我认为这是个征兆
I thought it was just a sign that we
我们不该要孩子
weren't meant to have children.
但她心意已决
But she was determined.
我们做了三次试管婴儿
You know, we did three rounds of IVF.
消耗了很多时间 也榨干了银行存款
Yeah, it consumed our time, drained our bank balance,
把家里所有光明和欢乐都吸干了
just sucked all the lightness and laughter out of our home.
她说她想再试第四次 但...
She said she wanted to try a fourth time and...
我拒绝了
I refused.
她说 我是在放弃我们共同的生活
She said I was giving up on our life together.
而我说...
And I said...
我们共同的生活已经面目全非了
I said I no longer recognized our life together,
所以还有什么可放弃的呢
so what was there to give up on?
于是她收拾行李准备回娘家
She of course then packed a bag to go to her mother's.
而当...
And, um...
出租车来接她时
I didn't even say goodbye
我连再见都没说
when the cab came to pick her up.
她只沿着路走了五分钟
She only made it five minutes down the road
就被一个醉驾司机撞了
before she was hit by a drunk driver.
当场死亡
Killed instantly.
我的天
My God.
所以回答你的提问...
So to, uh, to answer your question...
我是想...
I am trying...
再快乐起来
to be happy again.
而你 让我变得快乐
And... you, you make me happy.
所以...
So...
这就是我在做的事
剧集 | 我们的生活 | 导航列表