剧集 | 白宫杀人事件(2025) | 导航列表
Not even close. - Not even close to being close.
这代表差不多,这代表差一点
If close is over here and close to being close is over here...
我懂了
I got it.
我的确有跟她说外场不需要她了
Now, it is true I told her we didn't want her on the floor anymore.
你们为什么不需要她在外场工作了?
Why didn't you want her working on the floor anymore?
我们需要她在外场工作 问题是她没在工作
Oh, we wanted her working on the floor.
她在做什么? -我不知道
The problem was she wasn't working. - What was she doing?
不,说真的,她在做什么?
I don't know. - No, seriously, what is she doing?
说真的,我不知道
Seriously. I don't know.
她在做什么?
What is she doing?
好,那个啊…
Okay, that? That?
好,我应该解释一下
Okay, I should have explained that.
那是因为艾卜金女士请我坐在那里
That was because Ms. Abkin asked me to sit there.
前第♥一♥夫♥人♥金艾卜金?
Former First Lady Kim Abkin?
(金艾卜金,我以前住在这里)
对 -部分是事实
Yes. - Partly true.
这必须要回头解释
You have to back up here.
如果想要了解这情况 就必须回头谈论座位表
If you want to understand this, you have to go back to the seating chart.
谈论座位表? -它从一开始就是一团乱
To the seating chart? - Which was messed up from the start.
不只是座位表 而是跟座位有关的一切
Not even just the seating chart. Everything to do with the seating.
一切
Everything.
国宴厅能容纳140人左右
The State Dining Room holds 140 people, more or less.
艾略特摩根从一开始就说得很清楚
Elliott Morgan made it clear from the beginning
他想在室内举办国宴
that he wanted to have the State Dinner inside.
不要在南草坪架设帐篷
No tents on the South Lawn.
-我们真的没有房♥间了 -我建议…
不要帐篷
No tents.
这应该是我唯一一次 看到他重视一件事
It's the only thing I think I've ever seen him actually care about.
不要帐篷 -我没意见,我也想办在室内
No tents. - I was fine with that. I preferred inside.
莉莉想在室外的帐篷举办国宴
Lilly wanted to be outside with a tent.
摩根家一直在改变宾客名单
But the Morgans kept changing the guest list.
不是摩根家,都是莉莉在改
It wasn't the Morgans. It was her. Lilly.
我每天都会收到一张新名单
I would get a new list every day.
她每天都给我们一张新名单
She'd give us a new list every day.
有时是180人 有时是250人,甚至有400人
Sometimes 180 people. Sometimes 250. Sometimes 400.
他们非常优柔寡断 艾略特拿不定主意
They were very indecisive. Elliott couldn't make up his mind.
是她拿不定主意
She couldn't make up her mind.
这表示我们不确定是否只需要国宴厅
What this meant was, we didn't know if we were going to be in only the Dining Room,
还是会需要东厅
or maybe the East Room,
或是用红厅来容纳过多的宾客
or maybe we'd use the Red Room for overflow,
我们甚至可能需要室外的帐篷
or maybe we'd even have to go outside in a tent.
不要帐篷
No... tents.
这情况持续了好几个月
This went on and on and on for months.
直到国宴前一周都还没解决
This was going on a week before the State Dinner.
问题不仅仅是把桌子搬来搬去而已
And the problem is, this is not just about moving tables around.
这涉及到整间屋子
This involves the whole house.
你要明确知道自己的岗位
You need to know exactly where you're going to be.
你要清楚算出需要多少员工
You need to know exactly how many staff to have.
一切都需要练习
You have to practice everything.
我们终于确定有221位宾客
We finally settled on 221 guests.
然后会在国宴厅和红厅宴客
And we would have it in the State Dining Room and the Red Room.
那场面很疯狂 但我们搞定了,搞定一切
It was crazy. But we had it. We had it.
我们搞定了人数、地点 我们做好准备了
We had a number. We had a location. We were prepared.
结果…
And then...
怎么了? -妈的
What? - Fuck!
什么事? -不是事,是人
What? - Not what. Who.
他让一切天翻地覆
He turned everything upside down.
我们应该在室外的帐篷宴客
We should be outside in a tent.
不要帐篷
No tents.
大厅呢? -大厅怎么了?
What about the Grand Foyer? - What about it?
我们可以在那里用餐
We could eat in there.
我有点喜欢那个主意
I kind of love that idea.
不,什么? -我们不在大厅用餐
No. What? - We don't eat in the Grand Foyer.
又来了,“我们不能那么做 不会那么做
Here we go again. "We can't. We won't."
我150年前开始在这里工作时 没有人这么做”
"We didn't do that when I started working here 150 years ago."
你必须改变你的心态
You have to change your mindset.
这很重要
So important.
我第一次写出 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》畅销榜冠军回忆录时
The first time I wrote a number-one New York Times best-selling memoir,
人们说:“他再也办不到了”
people said, "Ugh, there's no way he can do it again."
我开始相信他们
And I started to believe them.
但我的代笔作家说 她可以写出更多书,轻而易举
But then my ghostwriter said she could pump out more books, no problem.
我如今写了14本回忆录
I've now written 14 memoirs.
我最新的著作《真实》 要被发射到太空了
My latest, "Authentic," is being launched into space.
为什么? -我不知道
Why? - I don't know.
但很酷
But it's cool.
在大厅围绕着喷泉用餐同样也很酷
Just like eating in the Grand Foyer around a fountain is cool.
喷泉?
A fountain?
钱从哪里来?你没有这些东西的预算
Where's the money gonna come from? You don't have the budget for any of this.
钱都从哪里来的,AB?用钱滚钱
Where does the money ever come from, A.B.? It comes from another pile of money.
金钱的原理就是这样
That's how money works.
这种事很常见,社交祕书和他们的人
This is not uncommon. Social secretaries and their people
跟随每一届新政♥府♥进来 他们都想用自己的方式做事
come in with every new administration, and they want to do things their own way.
在白宫,我们有我们的行事方式
And we've always done things our own way. In the House.
这是结构性冲突
It's a structural conflict.
我们和他们分庭抗礼
Us versus them.
只是这次更…极端
This was just more... extreme.
你懂我的意思吗? -我懂,但我们需要桌子
You know what I'm saying? - I do, but we need the table.
你有A计划和B计划吗? -到底是怎么回事?
You have an A and a B plan? - What the fuck is going on?
说真的,有多少人要来晚宴?
Seriously, how many people are coming to the dinner?
好,大家听好了
Okay, everyone, listen.
把桌子搬回来
Bring the table back.
总之,因为圣皮埃尔 后来不用红厅了
Anyway, now, because of St. Pierre, the Red Room was out.
他说红色代表坏能量
He said red was "bad energy"...
红色恐慌、红球、红兰姆酒
Red Scare. Red Bull. Red Rum.
红脖乡巴佬、红色婚礼、红龙虾餐厅
Rednecks. Red Wedding. Red Lobster...
现在整个晚宴只在国宴厅举♥行♥
The entire dinner would now be inside the State Dining Room,
这表示宾客名单要删掉75个人
which meant they had to cut 75 people from the guest list.
但更大的问题是座位表
But the even bigger problem was the seating chart.
莉莉花了太多时间烦恼 国宴要在哪里举♥行♥
Lilly had spent so much time worrying about where this was gonna happen,
她根本没去想谁要坐在哪个座位上
she hadn't given any thought to who was gonna actually sit in which seat.
我有张座位表
I had a seating chart.
她弄了15张座位表
She had 15 seating charts!
因为圣皮埃尔不能出席实际的晚宴
And because St. Pierre couldn't be at the actual dinner,
宾客都开始入座了 他还打电♥话♥来改座位表
he was calling in changes right up to the point where people were being seated.
不…情况更糟
No, no. Worse than that.
宾客已经入座了 我们还被要求移♥动♥他们的座位
To the point that they were seated. And we were asked to move them.
宴客是个不断变化发展的过程
Hosting is dynamic.
你要对房♥间的能量做出反应
You respond to the energy of the room.
观察人们互动的情形 关系建立的过程
You see how people are interacting, relationships being formed.
听着,我很感激他们付出的努力
Listen, I appreciated the work that they were doing,
但这些员工 有些人还停留在1960年代
but these staff people, some of them are stuck in the 1960s.
真的,不管你叫他们做什么 他们就会说:“我们以前没那么做过”
Literally, anything you ask them to do, it's like, "We haven't done that before."
好,那我们现在开始就那么做
Well, okay! We're doing it now.
我尽量好声好气了
I tried to be nice.
不断移♥动♥座位就表示会出现空位
All of this shuffling around meant there were empty seats,
那就是问题所在
and that was the problem.
宴客的第一原则是什么? -把好酒藏起来
Because what's the #1 rule of hosting? - Hide the good wine.
不能有空位
No empty seats.
不能有空位
No empty seats.
有空位出现,必须安排人坐进去
There were empty seats, and they had to be filled.
其中一个空位 在前第♥一♥夫♥人♥艾卜金女士旁边
One of them was next to former First Lady Abkin.
艾卜金女士问我席拉能不能坐下
Ms. Abkin asked if Sheila could sit down.
我认为能让美国前第♥一♥夫♥人♥用餐愉快
I thought that it was more important that the former First Lady of the United States
比外场有多余的侍者还来得重要
have a good time than we have one extra butler on the floor.
多余的? -为什么指名席拉?
Extra? - Why Sheila?
因为我最喜欢她 我知道我不该这么说
Because she was my favorite. I know I shouldn't say that,
但我不再住在这里了
but I don't live here anymore, and I don't give a hoot.
我才不在乎,我们什么时候能回家?
When are we going home?
要看你还有什么话要说 -要是我说我杀了他呢?
Depends on what else you say? - What if I said I killed him?
那会让案件进展顺利 -我没有杀他
That would move things along. - I didn't kill him.
你说了算
Whatever you say.
对,老实说这让人很难过 我跟那个男人共事了八年
剧集 | 白宫杀人事件(2025) | 导航列表