剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
So what's wrong?
怎么了
Nothing.
没事
Nothing's wrong.
没什么
I'm very lucky to be married to you. Everyone says so.
我非常幸运娶了你 大家都这么说
So what's the matter?
到底怎么了
I just...
我只是
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I'm afraid I have some business to attend to.
我要去谈生意
Now?
现在
I'll be late.
我会很晚回来
No need to wait up.
别等我了
Herman?
赫尔曼
Oh, God.
天呐
Oh, God.
天呐
We're inferior.
我们是劣种人
We're condescended to.
我们低人一等
We're taken for granted.
我们没存在感
We're made fun of.
我们被人取笑
We're attacked. We're ignored.
我们遭人攻击 我们被人忽视
We're worthless. We're a pestilence.
我们没有价值 我们就是害虫
We're invisible.
我们被视而不见
That's the story of the Negro in America.
这就是美国的黑人的生活
That's the tale they tell.
这就是他们口耳相传的
That's what they say.
这就是他们说的
Does what a man says matter?
人们怎么说重要吗
We were born in this country,
我们出生在这个国家
the land of equality by birth.
这个生而平等的国度
That's what it says.
这是他们的原话
That's what the man says it says.
这是他们挂在嘴边的原话
So again,
再说一次
does what a man says matter?
人们怎么说重要吗
Yes.
重要
Do his words matter?
恪守言语重要吗
Do his laws matter?
恪守法律重要吗
Yes. Yes.
重要 重要
Yes!
重要
Because when a man's words or laws don't matter,
因为当信誉和法律失去效力时
that's when you have chaos.
混乱也将随之而来
That's when you have conflict.
矛盾将随之出现
That's when you have corruption.
腐♥败♥将随之产生
When a man's words or laws don't matter,
当信誉和法律失去效力时
forget about justice
再无正义可言
because people don't even know
因为人们都不知道
where to look to for justice.
该去哪里追溯正义
So does it matter what a man says?
所以 人们怎么说重要吗
Yes.
重要
The story of the Negro in America...
美国的黑人的生活
is the story of America.
就是美国历史的写照
Dr. Everett Gallinger,
埃弗雷特·加林格医生
may I present Dr. Samuel Reid.
请允许我向您介绍塞缪尔·里德医生
Pleasure to meet you. How do you do?
很高兴见到你 你好
We were just discussing a most distressing problem
我们刚在讨论一个令人痛心的问题
concerning mental defectives in our community.
是关于我们社区精神缺陷人群的
Your advice on the matter would be invaluable, Everett.
您的见解对我们无比珍贵 埃弗雷特
Won't you have a seat? Thank you.
请坐吧 谢谢
Dr. Gallinger, I operate the Idiot House
加林格医生 我在兰德尔岛
on Randall's Island.
经营一家智障儿童庇护所
It's a state-financed home
是由国家赞助的
for boys the courts have deemed to be morons.
收留法庭鉴定为低能男孩的庇护所
Sounds like a worthy institution.
听起来是个很好的机构
The problem is once the boys reach manhood,
问题是 当男孩们长大成人
we are legally bound to release them,
我们就必须依法放他们回归社会
which, unfortunately, leaves them free
不幸的是 他们将有机会
to engender more idiots like themselves.
繁衍更多和他们一样的低能儿
I see.
我理解了
Well, gentlemen, I believe I have a solution for you.
先生们 我想我能给你们个解决办法
So then he said to her,
然后他对她说
"Well, I'm not Mark Twain."
"我不是马克·吐温"
All right, dear?
还好吗 亲爱的
Maybe a little port.
给我倒点儿红酒吧
Forgive my appearance, Miss Everidge,
抱歉我一副倦容 埃弗里奇小姐
but I didn't want to miss you.
但我很想见见你
Bertie's given me clippings of all your stories.
伯蒂让我看了你所有报道的剪报
And did you have a favorite?
您最喜欢的是哪篇呢
I think it's the one where you dined with the red Indians.
应该是你和印第安土著吃晚餐的那篇吧
I'm just glad you came back with your scalp intact.
我挺高兴你毫发无伤地回来了
Oh, Bertie.
伯蒂
Didn't you read the clipping?
你没有看剪报吗
They were very civilized hosts.
他们是很文明的主人
They would never scalp a guest,
从来不会剥客人的头皮
especially such a lovely one.
尤其是这么可爱的客人
Bertie was telling us that Genevieve also translated
伯蒂跟我们讲吉纳维芙还为他
a paper for him from the Polish.
翻译了一篇波兰语论文
Yes, Dr. Zinberg was duly impressed.
是的 金伯格医生十分欣赏呢
A linguist as well as an adventuress.
不仅是冒险家 还是语言学家啊
How did you come to learn Polish?
你怎么会学波兰语的
It's my parents' native tongue.
波兰语是我父母的母语
I spoke it growing up.
我从小就会波兰语
Your parents are Polish?
你父母是波兰人啊
Mm, Galician Jews.
加利西亚犹太人
I hope that doesn't present a problem.
希望你们不介意此事
After all, your savior was also a Jew.
毕竟 你们信仰的救世主也是犹太人嘛
There's some debate about that.
这一点还有些争议
No, he was a Jew, all right.
不 他绝对是犹太人
You know how you can tell?
知道怎么看出来的吗
His mother thought he was a god
因为他母亲认为他是神
and he thought she was a virgin.
而他认为母亲是处♥女♥
I hope I wasn't being too presumptuous,
希望我这么做没有太冒昧
but I saw you hiding your hands earlier.
我刚才看到您刻意遮掩您的手
It's very kind of you.
你真好
I'm afraid I haven't had the strength lately
恐怕我最近都没什么精神
to take proper care of myself.
好好打理自己
Well, I could come back next week and varnish them,
如果您愿意 我下周可以过来
if you'd like.
为您涂指甲油
You mean paint them?
你是说涂色吗
Good heavens.
天呐
I've never in all my life painted my fingernails.
我这辈子都没涂过指甲
My mother would turn over in her grave.
我妈妈要知道肯定在坟墓里都不得安息
You know, I don't think I've ever seen
我从来没见过
quite such a large handbag.
这么大的手提包
Well, tool of the trade.
都是我写报道用的东西
"Allzeit bereit", as the Germans say.
德国人常说 "有备无患"
"Always prepared."
做好准备很重要
Would you like to see?
您想看看吗
If you don't mind.
如果你不介意的话
Well, my reporter's notepad and pencil, of course.
我的笔记本和铅笔 毫无意外
Press credentials.
记者证
Uh, my billfold.
我的皮夹子
A lucky Kachina Doll
一个幸运卡其纳人偶
given to me by the Hopi.
是霍皮族人送我的
This is a photograph of my parents.
这是我父母的照片
And a photograph of Bertie.
还有一张伯蒂的照片
I don't know how my family's going to get on...
我不知道我的家人要如何承担...
when...
当我...
With help.
不会独自承担的
Well, thank you for the best meal I've ever eaten.
谢谢你 这是我吃过最好吃的一顿饭
Well, the first of many, I hope.
我希望这只是我们的第一餐饭
Whiplash.
急性颈扭伤
An injury caused by a sudden strain to the muscles of the neck.
颈部肌肉突然拉伸时造成的损伤
Who died, Mr. Barrow?
谁死了 巴罗先生
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表