剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
Not even pregnant. Tell her.
她都没怀孕 告诉她
I'm also looking into any possible loopholes
我正试图在法律的字面上
in the way the laws are written.
寻找一些漏洞
'Cause I asked how can you be arrested
因为我问你怎么能为
for doing an abortion you
没给一个根本就没怀孕的
didn't do on a girl who wasn't with child.
女子打胎被定罪呢
Got him thinking about them loopholes.
所以他就想找出漏洞
Well, it's not unusual for cops working with Mr. Comstock
你掉入的这种陷阱 是警♥察♥和
to set traps such as the one that snared you.
康斯托克先生联手惯用的
Mr. Comstock's a pain in my arse.
康斯托克先生就是个混♥蛋♥
His Society for the Suppression of Vice does keep me in business,
他的打击罪案社给我带来了不少业务
but those arrests rarely end in a conviction.
但被逮捕的疑犯很少被定罪
So I've asked the judge to schedule an immediate hearing
所以我已经向法官申请了紧急听证会
to decide if the case
判断这件案子
should be dismissed before ever going to trial.
是否能不用上庭直接撤销
See? Me and him, we're gonna have you out of here in no time.
看 我和他联手 很快就能把你救出来
Now I just need to get some information.
我只需要再确认一些信息
The charges against you were filed under the name Rose Dolan.
起诉你的文件记录中你叫罗丝·多兰
Is that your full name?
这是你的全名吗
Rose Agnes Dolan, yes.
罗丝·艾格尼丝·多兰
Rose? Where'd that come from?
罗丝 你啥时候叫这名字了
It's my birth name.
这是我的本名
Harriet was what I took after my vows.
哈里特是我当修女后的名字
Harriet's better. You're no Rose.
哈里特更好听 你不适合罗丝
Thanks for the compliment.
谢谢你的夸奖
So you think you'll have
所以第一场听证会
everything ready by the first hearing, then?
需要的东西你都准备好了吗
I believe so.
我想是的
But there's still the matter of my fees and expenses.
但是我的费用问题还没解决
My office has yet to receive any money from you.
我的事务所还没有收到你的付款
I've had a slight delay in getting them,
钱的事稍微有点耽搁
but I'll have them by the end of the week.
但这周末我一定凑齐
Don't you worry. All right.
你不用担心 好吧
Full steam ahead.
全速前进
Cold must have killed the battery.
肯定是温度太低把电池冻坏了
Not to worry.
别担心
I'll hail you a carriage.
我给你叫辆马车去
I'm Detective Satterlee.
我是萨特利警探
You the lady asking about the health inspector?
你就是那位询问卫生稽查员的事的女士吗
Speight, yes. I'm Cornelia Showalter.
斯佩特 是的 我是科妮莉亚·肖沃尔特
I worked with him at the Knick chasing a typhoid epidemic.
我曾在尼克医院和他就一次伤寒疫情共事
Why don't we sit down? Thank you.
我们还是坐下谈吧 谢谢
What do you want to know?
你都想知道什么
Just what you found out so far.
想知道你们的调查进展
Well, not much to tell.
其实也没什么好说的
He was seen leaving a saloon on Water Street.
有人看见他从水街上的一家酒馆出来
He got on a late ferry home to Brooklyn.
然后坐了开往布鲁克林的晚班渡轮回家
Looks like he must have fell off and drowned.
估计他是从船上掉到河里淹死了
Surprised he washed up.
很少见尸体被冲上岸的
Usually the current takes them out to sea
大多都被水流冲到海里去了
and we never find them.
然后就彻底找不到了
Did anyone see him fall in?
有人看见他落水了吗
No one sounded for overboard.
反正没人呼救
But drunks slip in quieter than you think.
不过一般醉鬼都是无声无息地就掉下去了
Can't even hear the splash over the steam engine.
蒸汽机的响声盖过了落水声
We get one like this every week or two.
基本一两个礼拜就会有这样的案子
What was it you wanted to talk to me about, Mrs. Showalter?
您想跟我说什么呢 肖沃尔特夫人
Stop that.
别这么见外
Cornelia.
科妮莉亚
I-- I had a medical question.
我有个医学上的问题
Is it possible to detect alcohol
能不能测出人体内
in the body of a person, specifically a dead one?
有没有酒精 特别是死人
Why do you ask?
你为什么要问这个
I'm sure you've heard about Inspector Speight.
你肯定听说稽查员斯佩特的事儿了吧
Yes. Tragic.
听说了 真悲惨
And also a bit mysterious.
但是疑点很多
I just spoke to the detective in charge of the case.
我刚和负责这个案子的警探聊了聊
Cornelia. And he told me Speight was terribly drunk
科妮莉亚 他说斯佩特喝得烂醉
when he fell off the ferry and died.
从船上翻了下去 淹死了
Is this really your business?
这是你该管的事吗
But Speight didn't drink.
但斯佩特不喝酒
Never has. Not a drop.
从来不喝 一滴都不沾
You're certain about this?
你确定吗
Dealing with drunks in flophouses
他在监狱里见了很多醉鬼
made him a strong believer in temperance.
从他们身上吸取了教训 所以很节制
Zealous, really.
真的是滴酒不沾
A lot of men have been known to lose their resolve
好多人一到酒吧
and bend an elbow at a bar.
就瞬间泄气了
It would certainly explain his inability to hold his liquor.
他不喝酒所以一喝就受不住了
Not Speight.
斯佩特不是一般人
It's very strange
这里面肯定有问题
and no one's giving it a second look.
所有人都一致认定他就是醉酒落水了
I'm guessing you haven't spoken to Phillip about this.
你还没给菲利普说这件事吧
No.
没
I know I shouldn't get involved.
我知道我不该多管闲事
I could probably devise a test.
我可以帮他检测一下
But you would have to get to his body before it decomposes,
但你得赶在腐烂前把尸体送过来
which will happen much faster than usual
因为在水里泡过
since it was found in water.
腐烂的速度会更快
Also, he's already been buried.
而且 他已经入土了
Well, getting his body out of the ground,
挖坟掘墓这种事
I'm afraid, is beyond my skills.
恐怕我就帮不了你了
What the hell are you doing out there, Otto?
你♥他♥妈♥的怎么打的啊 奥托
You're moving around like
看你在台上那架势
you're trying not to let a shit pop out.
感觉像是有屎硬憋着一样
Sorry, Mr. Cleary.
抱歉 克利里先生
I saw you beat this slug three weeks ago.
三个礼拜前你把那臭虫打得找不着北
Pinned him faster than he did you.
一下就把他摁住了
That match was fixed.
那场比赛是假的
What was that, fella?
你说什么 伙计
It was fixed. I went limp.
那次是打假拳 我故意输的
That's a load of shite. He pinned you like an old biddy.
满嘴喷屎 你简直弱得跟虫一样
Only because I let him.
那是我故意让他的
I didn't know nothing about it.
我可什么都不知道
All right, who fixed it?
好吧 是谁搞的鬼
His old manager.
他以前的经理人
Wanted to unload this chump on some dumb sap.
想赶快把这坨屎转给别的冤大头
I guess that was you.
结果你就上套了
You can have the dollar I made tonight.
我今晚挣的钱都归你了
What's that supposed to buy me?
就那么点钱有啥屁用
Another.
再来一杯
Do you like this song?
你喜欢这首歌♥吗
I can't say I know it.
我好像从来没听过
It's called "When We Were Married."
这首歌♥叫"我们结婚的时候"
Pretty, isn't it?
挺好听的吧
You want to get married already?
你这就想结婚啦
We only just met.
我们才刚认识
Well, a girl can pretend, can't she?
不过逢场作戏 何必那么认真
Ooh, I'll gladly take pretend tonight.
今晚我愿意陪你一起演
What's your name? Cate.
你叫什么 凯特
Hello, Cate.
你好 凯特
I'm John.
我叫约翰
John, would you like to dance with me?
约翰 你愿意和我跳一曲吗
No, I would not like to dance with you.
不 我不愿意
Don't miss a button. Wouldn't want the wife to get wise.
把扣子都扣好了 别让老婆发现了
I don't have a wife.
我没老婆
Maybe I can come see you at your place next time.
那下次我去你家吧
A little cleaner.
比大街上干净点
I don't want it cleaner.
我并不想干净点
People in California are Americans just like us,
加州的人和我们没什么差别
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表