剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
I won't have a stomach for the afters.
会让我没胃口吃甜点的
There's afters? Where you gonna put it all?
还有甜点 你胃里还装得下吗
I'll make room.
我会腾出地方
There, now I have a little pouch for some cobbler.
看 现在有地方吃水果馅饼了
Hey, I was thinking
我在想
about those ladies you was with today
今天来找你的那些女士
and their needing your knowledge on contraception and all.
还有她们需要你提供避孕知识等的事
There's not a lot out there for women
女人很难保护自己
to protect themselves against a horny gent, huh?
不受饥渴的男士的伤害 对吧
Fellas are always looking to empty the bag in a girl.
男人们就想着在女孩体内释放自己
Never thinking about what comes after.
从来不考虑后果
Babies and diseases for a start.
首先就是孩子和疾病的困扰
And there it is.
就是这个
Why don't we give it to them?
那我们就给他们袋子啊
Hmm? Do 'em a service.
给他们提供服务
Another business proposition?
又想做生意吗
Yeah. That last one was working fine.
是啊 上一次不就做得挺好的
Until I nearly got 20 years in prison.
然后我差点要坐牢二十年
Yeah, rubbers and stuff is illegal,
橡胶这类东西确实违法
but it's not like doing the fix.
但这不是事后堕胎
It's more like frowned upon.
更像是提前锁住
I've been frowned upon enough.
我已经被锁够了
And the penalty's just as tough.
而且处罚还那么重
The ladies need it. The fellas do, too.
不管男女都有这个需求
If he's gonna put it inside there anyways,
要是无论如何男人都会插入的话
we'd be doing a lot of good
我们在他插入的过程中
helping a bloke bag it up on the way in.
帮他把东西打包 绝对是造福大家
And besides, we ain't going back to the fix,
再说了 我们不做事后堕胎了
so why not stop the trouble before it gets that far?
那就在麻烦酿成之前阻止它吧
It wouldn't be that difficult.
应该也不会很困难
You'd need lamb's guts for the condoms.
做避孕套需要羔羊的肠子
Vinegar and sponges for the ladies.
女士需要醋和海绵
Yeah, could charge a fortune.
那可赚了
This city is full of customers.
这个城市里到处都是顾客
Lord knows that's true.
这绝对是真的
And the split, 50-50 this time or nothing.
分成 五五分 不行就算了
Fair play.
成交
Okay.
好吧
I can't tell you what seeing you in that dress does to me.
看见你这身打扮时的反应让我难以启齿
You can tell me.
但说无妨
But you're gonna have to wait to see
但你现在
if you can do anything about it.
什么也做不了
If I could, I'd leave here now and take you straight back--
如果可以 我现在会直接带你离场
But you can't.
但你不能
I'm here to dance and be doted upon,
我是来这跳舞和被宠爱的
so I certainly hope you can keep me happy.
所以我自然希望你能让我开心
Without a doubt.
那是当然
You can start with a drink.
先给我来杯酒吧
What would mademoiselle desire?
小姐想喝点什么
You're the expert.
你是这方面的专家
Uh, two Whiskey Flips, please.
请给我两杯威士忌蛋调酒
She's a real beauty.
她真是个美人
If you only knew.
你是不知道啊
Jesus.
天呐
Oh, how was Ohio?
俄亥俄州那里怎样了
Did you solve your oil problem?
你解决了油厂的问题吗
I might have.
应该是解决了
See, we've always refined crude into kerosene
你看 我们一直在把原油精炼成煤油
and thrown away the waste that we strip down.
然后把余下的废渣扔掉
It was flammable, so we
那是易燃物 安全起见
piped it into rivers and lakes just to be safe.
我们通过管道把它们排进河流和湖泊
Well, that's only responsible.
这只是在尽责
But we needed a new idea
但是我们需要创新
and I just thought we could find a use for that waste, too,
我就想到我们可以利用那些废料
so I hired some chemists and engineers.
所以我雇了一些化学家和工程师
They've converted all the
他们把油厂的机器
machines at the refinery to run on the stuff.
全都改造成靠那种废料提供动力
Not steam?
不是蒸汽
Or electricity. It's miraculous.
也不是电 简直是奇迹
We call it gasoline.
我们管它叫汽油
You look absolutely stunning. That dress.
你穿这裙子简直太耀眼了
Henry's complimented me 100 times.
亨利都夸了我一百次了
It's worth every penny.
这钱确实花得值
Well, my brother can never say no to a pretty girl
我弟弟总是无法拒绝美丽的女孩
and you're the prettiest in the room.
而你就是这屋里最美的那个
Thank you, Cornelia.
谢谢 科妮莉亚
Lucy, I want you to have a good time tonight.
露西 希望你今晚玩得开心
I plan to.
我也这么想
I know you're new to all this and you shouldn't be.
我知道你不熟悉这些 但你不该陌生
You belong here and maybe you even belong with my brother.
你属于这里 说不定你真属于我弟弟
But I don't want you to be crushed when this is all over.
但这些都结束时 希望你不要太失落
And you think there will be an end?
你觉得一定要结束吗
You know how fond I am of you.
你知道我很喜欢你
I'm saying this for your own sake.
我这么说都是为你好
You're an innocent girl
你是个单纯的女孩
and I don't want you to be taken in by him,
我不希望你被他蒙蔽
for you to surrender anything
以为跟他有将来
because you believe there's a future.
而放弃一切
Why wouldn't there be?
为什么不会有呢
For an endless number of reasons.
理由太多了
And I can see you're getting your hopes up.
我能看出来你已经有所期待了
I think it's Henry whose hopes are quite high right now.
我觉得现在满含期待的是亨利
My father has expectations for his children
作为我父亲的孩子我无法自己决定
of whom I was to marry and likewise Henry.
要跟谁结婚 亨利也是
I'm sure he does.
当然会如此
Excuse me.
失陪了
I better like it.
最好能合我意
If you don't, I'll get you something different.
如果不合你意我就给你换别的
Look.
瞧
Oh, thank you.
谢谢
They're all looking at me.
他们都在看我
Why wouldn't they? You're beautiful.
怎么会不看呢 你这么美
I'm an oddity.
我是个怪人
But I don't care.
但我不介意
I love being on your arm again.
能再挽着你的胳膊真好
Well, get used to it
你可得习惯
because there's no place I won't be taking you.
因为以后我去哪都会带着你
Good evening. Lovely to see you.
晚上好 很高兴见到你
You as well. My wife Opal.
我也是 这是我妻子 欧珀
Pleasure to meet you. Pleasure to meet you.
很高兴见到你 很高兴见到你
Cheers. To a lovely evening.
干杯 庆祝美好的夜晚
Good evening, everyone.
晚上好 各位
On behalf of the Knickerbocker Hospital
代表尼克博克医院和
and the ladies' ball committee,
舞会女士委员会
we want to thank you all for being here
由衷地感谢大家今晚的出席和
and for giving so generously.
如此慷慨的捐赠
I asked my husband Herman
我问我的丈夫赫尔曼
what would make tonight special for all of our guests
什么能让我们的客人度过特别的一晚
and he said rye whiskey.
结果他说黑麦威士忌就行
I said that. Instead, we thought we would
我真说了 但我们还是决定
start with some entertainment.
先来点娱乐节目
And they're famous all over the nation
他们享誉全国
and some of you have seen them at Koster and Bial's Music Hall
有人可能在科斯特比亚尔音乐厅见过他们
and they're soon to appear on Broadway in "In Dahomey."
他们很快将在百老汇表演《在达荷美》
The original Cakewalkers,
步态舞的创始者
the Two Real Coons, Williams and Walker.
"两只小黑" 威廉姆斯和沃克
That's right, we Two Real Coons.
没错 我们是"两只小黑"
Ain't be no ivory under here.
帽子下面也没藏着白色
This is all dripping chocolate.
完全巧克力色到底
Don't you got childrens? Sure, I got 'em.
你没孩子吗 我当然有
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表