剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
but may as well be on the moon
不过他们成天跟活在月球上一样
for all they care about what's going on in New York.
不论纽约发生什么都和他们无关
It's true. No one there has even heard of the Schermerhorns
是啊 他们从来都没听说过斯贾蒙弘
or the Robertsons or the Showalters.
罗伯森或者肖沃尔特家族
Then how does anyone know who's important?
那人们怎么分辨名流呢
It's usually the man with the biggest gun.
谁的家伙大谁就是老大
Sounds awful.
真可怕
No way to know if someone's a person of quality.
都没法分辨一个人出身如何
Who'd want to live in a place like that?
那种地方让人怎么生活啊
I agree.
是啊
You must have noblemen and women
名流是必须有的
to show the people how to be.
是其他人的楷模
To give them someone to admire.
让其他人有憧憬的目标
That's why Hungary leads the world in so many ways.
所以匈牙利在很多方面都领头
Oh, yes, we all want to be Hungarian.
是 我们人人都想当匈牙利人
Tibor and Gwynnie will be gone for several months.
蒂博和吉妮有好几个月都不在
Cornelia, you and Phillip will have a lot more room
科妮莉亚 你和菲利普能活动的地方
in our house to move around.
就大多了
I assumed our apartment would be finished by then
估计到时候我们的公♥寓♥建好了
and we'd have already moved out.
我们已经搬出去了
Of course it will.
是 没错
I meant in the off chance it wasn't.
我是说如果没建好的话
With all the construction in New York,
纽约现在到处大兴土木
I barely know when the men will show up
天知道工人什么时候能上工
and half the time the workers muck it up.
就算来上工了 干的活也是乱七八糟
Seems your father's kidnapped
你父亲似乎把
all the best labor for the new hospital.
全纽约的好手都找去建医院了
Well, building the new Knick,
新修的尼克医院
it's going to take some doing.
可是个大项目
I mean, competition for competent crews is fierce.
技术好的工人供不应求
We'll just have to dig deeper.
我们得再努力找找
I'd rather you didn't.
找什么找啊
I'm not concerned.
我觉得没什么好担心的
You should be.
你这么想就错了
Charity is all well and good,
做慈善当然是好的
and you know I believe in it as much as you,
这点我和你一样深信不疑
but we need to find other donors to lessen our share.
但我们要再找些资助人 减少我们的投入
I gave.
我来
And I told you you didn't need to.
我早说了你不用投钱
I'm more than happy to cover the cost.
我很愿意出钱
I'm just doing what those Californians are doing--
我这是向加州人学习呢
looking ahead.
向前看
We could use that money to diversify.
我们可以把钱多投几个项目
H.H. Prettyman is bidding to build the new subway
H.H.普雷蒂曼正忙着搞地铁的竞标
and there's still a position available
那个项目还缺钱
for another partner in the venture.
还想再找个合伙人
Burrowing your way through dirt and rock like a gopher
像个地鼠一样在地下的土里打洞
to build a train no one in their right mind would dare ride?
正常的人哪敢坐地铁
It's dangerous business. It's the future.
这个项目很危险 它代表着未来
It's a disaster in the making.
这绝对是一场灾难
Now, you heard Hobart. Half those crews are a menace.
霍巴特都说了 工人里有一半不可靠
Now you want them blasting their way
你想让他们用炸♥药♥
beneath this city with dynamite?
把城市地下炸开吗
25 years ago you would have jumped at this.
这要是在25年前 你肯定立马加入
And 25 years ago
25年前
you were in diapers.
你还穿着尿布呢
So I'll thank you to know your place, son.
请你注意自己的身份 儿子
I wish I had your troubles.
你真是身在福中不知福
The city makes us take in every Negro psychopathic patient
市里逼我们收治所有患有精神病的黑鬼
and then gives us nothing in return.
并且不给我们任何回报
We're lucky we have enough medicine to get us through the week.
我们很幸运有足够的药撑过一周
Anesthesia, that's a luxury.
麻醉剂 简直是奢侈
Well, we may have more resources at the Knick,
尼克病院或许有更多资源
but they don't make it easy.
但他们不会轻易给你
They expect me to thank them on a daily basis
他们希望我每天都点头致谢
for the gifts that they believe they've given me.
因为他们自认为给了我恩赐
Did you read the article in the paper last week
你看上周那篇关于那个自行车手
about the cyclist, Major Taylor?
泰勒少校的报道了吗
No, get to the point.
没有 讲什么了
Do you remember?
记得吗
The man goes over to Europe
他在欧洲时
and is treated like the King of England.
像英格兰国王一样被款待
Stays in the best hotels.
住最高级的酒店
Breaks every possible record.
打破了所有纪录
He returns home, makes no difference.
当他回来时 什么都没变
He's just a nigger on a bike.
他只是个"骑车的黑鬼"
There's some people I'd like for you to meet.
我想让你见一个人
Daddy.
爸爸
Hello, Cricket.
你好 小蟋蟀
You stopped writing.
你不写信了
Your mama and me was worried about you.
我和你妈妈都很担心你
I'm fine, Daddy.
我很好 爸爸
Didn't have to leave everyone back home for me.
不必把一家人丢下来找我
I may not have wanted you up here,
也许我不同意你来
but if you are, I'm gonna make sure you're right.
但既然你来了 我要确保你没事
Everybody's soul needs protecting.
每个人的灵魂都需要庇护
Besides, I'm sure I'll find myself plenty of folks
况且 我确定这种地方
in need of the Lord's good word in a place like this.
会有很多人需要听听上帝的良言
Probably just in this building alone.
大概只有这栋楼需要
Let me show you around.
我带你转转吧
Come on.
来吧
This is where we perform all of our surgeries.
这就是我们做手术的地方
I think it's a special place.
我认为这个地方很特别
You wouldn't believe what happens here.
你不会相信这里都发生了什么
Don't you let yourself get too impressed
我们不该过分惊讶于那些
by anything a man can do.
人类力所能及的事
Or build like that Grand Central Depot I came into.
比如建造我来时的中♥央♥车站
I'm only interested in the miracles God can create.
只有上帝创造的奇迹能够打动我
The things we can do,
我们能做的那些事
I think they might impress even you.
连你都会刮目相看的
The citrate of caffeine is for?
枸橼酸咖♥啡♥因♥的作用是
Mitigation of symptoms.
缓解症状
Ox gall? Indigestion.
牛胆汁呢 消化不良
What the hell is this Dr. Mays doing here?
那个梅斯医生在这做什么
Get rid of him. No, you barely know the man.
弄走他 不行 你根本不了解他
I know enough to know that I'd rather have you
我很了解 以至于我宁愿让你
operating on me with a spoon.
拿只汤勺给我动手术
Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves.
谁都该有个机会证明自己
Don't you agree?
你不觉得吗
Nurse Elkins.
埃尔金斯护士
Good morning, Doctor.
早上好 医生
Daddy, this is the chief of surgery,
爸爸 这位是外科主任医师
Dr. John Thackery.
约翰·萨克雷医生
A.D. Elkins. Honor to meet you.
A.D.埃尔金斯 很荣幸见到您
You're a preacher, correct? Should I call you--
您是位牧师吧 我该称呼您为
Oh, I don't go in for any of that.
我不寻求什么称谓
I'm here to serve god Him, not myself.
我来是为上帝服务 不是为自己
Well, it seems you've passed that along to your daughter.
您女儿似乎得到了您的真传
No one gives as much to the patients as she does.
没人比她为病人付出更多
She's seen a lot since she started here.
她在这里经历了很多
And she's proven herself the best of all of us.
她证明了自己是我们中最好的
Raise them up right and they'll always find their way.
好好抚养 他们都会找到自己的路
Amen.
阿门
What is this?
这是什么
A fever cabinet.
发热舱
Where did it come from?
哪来的
Dr. Edwards had it installed last month.
爱德华兹医生上个月添置的
Edwards, can I get an explanation on this fever cabinet?
爱德华兹 能给我解释下那个发热舱吗
Something wrong with your eye?
你的眼睛出问题了吗
It's just a scratched cornea.
只是角膜刮伤
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表