剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
Where?
在哪
It's right there.
就在这
I haven't told you,
我没跟你提过
but I have a terrible disease.
我身患重病
What disease?
什么病
It's called aging.
此病名为衰老
Very slow, but eventually all my hair will turn gray,
病发很慢 但最终我会一头华发
I'll lose all my teeth,
牙齿掉光
I'll have to walk with a cane and inevitably die.
要依靠藤杖行走 最终死去
There's no cure.
此病无药可治
Maybe I shouldn't be near you.
或许我应该离你远些
Mm, it's too late. It's highly contagious.
太迟了 这病传染性很强
And, sorry to say, you've caught it.
很遗憾地告诉你 你也身患此病了
Even with my eyes, I can see the first signs right there.
我只看看 就能发现这里有些初期病症
You say one word about a hair or a wrinkle,
你要敢说我有华发或皱纹
I will break your fingers.
我就折了你的指头
Sorry, my hearing isn't what it used to be either.
抱歉 我的听力也远不如前了
What was that about your wrinkles?
你刚才说你的皱纹怎么了
I'm finally being let out of the lab,
我总算不用一直待在实验室了
if only for one procedure.
虽然只是一次手术
Bertie.
伯蒂
To assist Dr. Zinberg in the removal
协助金伯格医生切除
of a traumatic keloid of the median nerve.
正中神经上的一个创伤导致的瘢痕疙瘩
What's that?
那是什么
It's extra tissue on a nerve in a woman's arm
一位女病患手臂的神经上长了多余组织
that causes her not to have any use of it.
她完全动不了自己的手臂
So it just hangs there?
它就在那里挂着吗
Clara. She probably doesn't have much sensation.
克拉拉 她应该没有什么同情心
Could you imagine not being
你能想象自己
able to feel things with your fingertips?
手指什么也感觉不到吗
It's routine work.
这是日常工作
Clearly he's not going out on much of a limb with you.
显然他不再对你差别对待了
I think it means Bertie's passed Dr. Zinberg's initial test.
我认为伯蒂通过了金伯格医生的初试
He knows what he's got in the boy.
他知道这孩子的才华
I'm not sure it's that spectacular, mother.
我不觉得有那么好 母亲
Agreed.
同意
Bertram's still a long way from getting the man's trust.
伯崔姆还需要一段时间才能获得他的信任
He knows you're special.
他知道你是与众不同的
Are you all right, mother?
你没事吧 母亲
Of course.
没事
Who wants more peas?
谁想添一些豆子
I'll definitely have some. Thank you.
我想再添一些 谢谢
Cigars and scotch.
雪茄和苏格兰威士忌
This is a first for us.
我们第一次一起抽烟喝酒
I suppose I should have done this with you sooner.
我应该早点和你一起抽烟喝酒
You're a man now.
你现在是个男人了
And you'll need to be as I
而且我需要
have good reason for having you here for a talk.
有个好理由跟你一起坐下谈
You do?
是吗
You noticed your mother struggling at dinner.
你发现你的母亲晚餐进食时有点困难
Yes, I did.
是的
It's been going on for a while and it's gotten worse.
她已经这样一段时间了 而且越来越糟
Has she seen anyone?
她有看医生吗
We've been to Presbyterian Hospital,
我们去过了长老会医院
Women's Hospital, and Roosevelt.
妇女医院和罗斯福医院
Two experts at Columbia as well.
还找了哥伦比亚的两位专家
And?
结果呢
What's the diagnosis?
医生怎么诊断的
An esophageal mass.
食管上有肿块
When was this taken?
什么时候拍的
Last week.
上周
It has to be removed.
必须切除肿块
How?
怎么切
It's taken over her esophagus.
它堵住了她的食管
There's no way to remove it without tearing out her throat.
只有切开她的喉咙才能拿掉肿块
Well, it can't stay in there.
不能让肿块留在那里
There's no procedure.
不能动手术
We've been to all the best men in the city.
我们已经找完全市的优秀医生
If it comes out, it kills her.
如果它长出来 她会死
If it stays in, it kills her.
如果不取出来 她也会死
Does she know?
她知道这事吗
I haven't told her yet.
我还没告诉她
But your mother was an exceptional nurse in her day.
但你母亲当年是个很优秀的护士
She knows something's very wrong.
她知道情况很糟
How old is she?
她今年多大岁数
49.
49岁
Terrible.
真不幸
I am sorry.
我很抱歉
My grandmother unfortunately died of the same
我祖母也得了一样的病 去世了
when I was in primary school.
那年我还在上小学
And in all the years and with all the advances,
这么多年过去了 医学发展到现在
we still haven't licked it.
我们还是治不好这个病
The best we can do for your mother
现在我们能做的就是
is make her feel as comfortable as possible.
让你母亲少受点苦
Various opiates to ease her pain.
用鸦♥片♥制剂来减轻她的痛苦
I know a very good private nurse
我认识一个很优秀的私人护士
who could stay with her at your home.
可以在家陪着她
Thank you, that's very kind.
谢谢你的好意
But I'm not prepared to surrender her just yet.
但我还想再努力一下
I came in early this morning and read what I could find
我今天一早就来医院找看是否有
on procedures that have showed promise.
有希望成功的手术
Promise is not proof.
希望都是虚无缥缈的
It's all still more hope than anything else, I'm afraid.
恐怕光靠希望救不了她
Well, I would at least like to look into it further.
我只想再探索一下
Of course.
你探索吧
As long as it doesn't take you away from your duties here.
但不要影响到这边的工作
She's your mother.
她是你母亲
But I caution you, Dr. Chickering.
但我得提醒你一句 奇克林医生
Don't let that cloud your judgment.
不要让感情蒙蔽了理智
Cornelia, there's something Phillip wants to tell you.
科妮莉亚 菲利普有事要告诉你
There is?
是吗
I have to do some travelling for my father.
我要替父亲出门办点事
Well, where are you going?
你要去哪儿
Allen County, Ohio, near a place called Lima.
俄亥俄州艾伦县 莱马附近
We have an oil refinery and the kerosene
我们家在那儿有个炼油厂
we're producing isn't selling like it used to.
出产的煤油卖♥♥得没以前好了
Edison's killing us with his electric bonanza.
爱迪生发明的灯泡真是要把我们逼死了
Nobody's lighting with kerosene anymore.
大家都不用煤油点灯了
Yes, we need to find a use for all that oil or shut it down.
是 不找出新的销路 就只能把油厂关了
Well, how long will you be gone?
你要去多久
A few weeks. A month, maybe.
几个礼拜 一个月 我也说不准
Well, you can rest easy, Phillip,
你放心 菲利普
knowing that we'll take delicate
在你离开的这段时间
care of your sweet Cornelia while you're away.
我们会好好照顾科妮莉亚的
I'll be back shortly.
我出去办点事
Just have to run a few errands
很快回来
and then we'll have lunch.
然后我们就去吃午餐
That's fine.
好的
Come on.
来
Spare some change, miss?
小姐 施舍点零钱吧
I can't. We haven't eaten today.
不行 我们今天还没吃东西
Just a penny. No, leave me alone.
一分钱就好 不 离我远点儿
Temperature is 103.
体温摄氏39度
That's up two degrees since this morning.
比今早高了一摄氏度
Vomiting?
呕吐吗
Four times already.
已经吐了四次了
Headaches are constant.
伴有持续的头疼
She's in the throes of it now.
这会儿尤其疼
My big concern is the jaundice.
我最担心的是黄疸
Do you think it's cirrhosis?
你觉得是肝硬化吗
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表