剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
Is that why you passed on that surgery?
所以你才把手术推了吗
No, it's nothing.
不是 没什么大碍
What did you want to know?
你要问什么
Fever cabinet.
发热舱
Yes, the patient is suffering from Bright's disease.
病人正遭受肾炎折磨
By inducing fever,
通过诱导发热
I've seen a decrease of albumin levels in his urine.
可以降低他的尿蛋白含量
That's an expensive toy for one disease.
只用来治一种病 太奢侈了
Fever therapy has a number of uses.
发热疗法有多种用途
I thought it a worthy investment.
我认为它很值
I don't believe you.
我不相信你
I can show you the papers.
我可以给你看相关论文
Can you read German?
你能读懂德文吗
Not about the cabinet.
我不是说发热舱
You passed on that eardrum repair and gave it to Gallinger.
你把鼓膜修复手术让给了加林格
Because I wanted to give him--
因为我想让他...
I know, help him resharpen his skills.
我知道 帮他磨练技术
What is it?
为什么
What's going on?
到底怎么回事
It's my eye.
是我的眼睛
So the puzzle is figuring out
所以现在的难题是
how to get the subretinal fluid to drain so that
要如何抽干视网膜下积液
hopefully when the retina comes in contact with the choroid,
好让视网膜与脉络膜相连
it will reattach and resume normal function.
以便重新衔接并使其恢复正常功能
Have you tried applying any medications
你有没有试过用些
that might absorb the fluid?
促进吸收积液的药物
Salicylate of sodium, mercurial inunctions,
水杨酸钠 水银涂抹
even laxatives-- all useless.
甚至轻泻剂 都没用
The one treatment that seems to show some promise
只有这个疗法可以尝试
is coagulation by electrolysis.
电灼凝固
I've been experimenting on rabbits.
我在兔子身上试验过
And?
结果呢
Good enough that I'm willing to try it on myself.
足以让我在自己身上试试了
Good enough? Is that the standard?
足以 这是标准吗
To be blind Don't.
如果瞎了 别瞎
You have anyone to perform it?
有人帮你做吗
I was hoping you might help me with that.
我倒是希望你能帮我做
You're the only one I can trust.
你是我唯一信得过的人
Please, John.
拜托 约翰
Well, then we have to do it at night
那我们必须在晚上做
when the hospital is empty.
那时医院空无一人
You don't need anyone to know.
你不能让别人知道
I got fairly good at secret surgery down in the subbasement.
在地下室时我已经很擅长做秘密手术了
I've had some recent experience
我最近也对自己进行了
in clandestine procedures myself.
一些私密治疗
I asked the police about exhuming the body,
我去询问警♥察♥关于挖掘尸体的事
but they said Inspector Speight's case was closed
他们说稽查员斯佩特的案子已经结了
and they could be of no help.
他们帮不上忙
That's because they're too busy
那是因为他们都忙着
harassing the good men here at Tammany.
在坦慕尼协会这边骚扰好人
They're not interested in the law.
他们对法律没兴趣
Clever man, though, Teddy, I'll give him that.
可以这么说 泰迪是个聪明人
He just dangles police commissioner in front of Devery
他只是在德福里面前显摆了局长徽章
and that jackass just...
然后那个混♥蛋♥...
And we're corrupt.
我们就腐♥败♥了
Well, it sounds difficult.
这听起来很苦闷
Will you consider an exhumation?
您会考虑挖墓吗
See that bulldog, Mrs. Showalter?
看看那只斗牛犬 肖沃尔特夫人
A gift. $5,000.
五千美元的礼物
10 times a cop's annual salary.
一个警♥察♥年薪的十倍
Now who would pay that for this?
谁会花这么多钱买♥♥它呢
I'll tell you.
我告诉你吧
The people who're making sure Speight's body stays in the ground.
是不想斯佩特的尸体被挖出来的人
Who would ask you to do that?
那是谁拜托您的呢
Unless you can buy me a better dog,
除非你给我买♥♥只更好的狗
I'm afraid our business here is done.
否则我们只能谈到这里了
Excuse me, miss.
抱歉 小姐
I'm just saying they got reason to keep you at the uptown Knick.
我就说他们有理由把你留在上城区的尼克
This is your truck. What do I got?
你有这辆车 我有什么
I ain't gonna be fancy enough for that place.
我对那地方来说可不够格
You want to secure your employment?
你想保住自己的饭碗
Learn a thing or two about fixing a fucking suspension.
得有两下子处理汽车悬架这种破事
That's what I'm doing. Mr. Cleary?
我在学呢 克利里先生
Miss Robertson.
罗伯森小姐
It's Mrs. Showalter now.
现在是肖沃尔特夫人了
Ah, right.
对哦
How's holy matrimony treating you?
您的婚姻生活如何
Fine.
不错
I was wondering if you could help me with something.
我想请您帮个忙
I never pictured you for a repeating customer.
我从未想过您会成为我们的回头客
But I'm out of that game since Harry got nabbed.
哈利被抓后 我就不干了
That's not I got the name
我并非... 我知道克♥林♥顿♥街上
of an old Bulgarian lady who does them down Clinton Street.
有个保加利亚老妇也做堕胎生意
But from what I've heard, you'd be safer falling off a horse.
但据我所知 还不如坠马来得安全
That's not why I'm here.
我并非为此而来
Harry told me you used to dig graves at potter's field.
哈利告诉我你以前在公共墓地挖坟
She talked to you about me?
她跟你说过我
Yeah, I used to work the shovel there a few years back.
对 几年前我是干这个的
You still own that shovel?
你还做吗
Are you sure the guard won't say anything?
你确定警卫不会多嘴
Those two bottles of whiskey I gave him
我给了他两瓶威士忌
are the only things he'll be talking to for the next couple hours.
这几个小时他只会不停絮叨那两瓶酒
What's so funny?
有什么好笑的
Over the years
多年来
I committed a petty crime here or there.
我到处犯下小恶行
It's how a man survives in the city.
男人在城市里就是这么谋生的
But the two who drag me into serious malfeasance
但真正让我犯下大罪的两人
are a society lady and a fucking nun.
却是贵妇和修女
How is Harry doing?
哈利怎么样了
You ever been inside of a jailhouse?
你坐过牢吗
Well, it ain't exactly the Waldorf.
那里可不是华尔道夫酒店
After a while, those walls,
住上一段时间 会感觉
they start whispering at you,
那些墙在低声
telling you you ain't never gonna get out.
对你说 你出不去了
I've known a few tough lads
我认识的硬汉
turn to jelly after a while in a place like that.
在那种地方呆过一阵后都变得胆小如鼠
Now, Harry, she's tougher than all of them.
哈利 比他们坚强
But not for much longer.
但不久之后
She's starting to go.
她也会沦陷
She's lucky to have you.
有你帮她是她的福气
She needs more than me, miss.
她不仅需要我 小姐
What can I do?
我能做些什么
Well, I did get her one of them good old lawyers.
我给她找了一位经验老道的优秀律师
Upper-class like you.
像你一样的上流人士
Problem is, can't afford him.
问题是 我付不起律师费
But you can.
但你能
I can't ask my family--
我不能向家里要
You have a boat
从这里到波斯的
in every port from here to Persia.
每个港口 都有你的船
You must have something set aside.
你一定得出点钱
Especially after what she did for you.
尤其是她帮你堕了胎
I'll do everything I can.
我会尽我所能
All right.
好的
There's our man.
我们要找的人在此
Will you look at that.
看一眼吧
Your Mr. Speight went and fucked away off.
你要找的斯佩特先生他妈的不见了
New York.
纽约
Sure is a busy place.
无疑是繁忙之地
Can't go a step without winding up shoulder to shoulder
不与人摩肩接踵根本寸步难行
with white folks, Negro,
有白人 黑人
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表