剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
and admit what he's done.
承认他的所作所为
I suppose it would make it feel like less of a betrayal that way.
这样或许他心里能好受点
He asked me to meet him at the construction site at 8:00.
他让我八点去施工现场找他
Do you think you can be there, too,
你能陪我去吗
so we can confront him together?
我们一起和他说清楚
Of course.
当然了
What I found in my investigation of Dr. Gallinger--
通过对加林格医生的调查 我发现...
By investigation,
什么调查
you mean breaking into my office
你所谓的调查就是闯进我的办公室
and stealing patient records.
窃取病历吗
So what you found in your thievery.
说吧 你偷到了什么
What I found
我发现
is that Dr. Gallinger has performed
加林格医生未经允许
dozens of unauthorized vasectomies on children,
对数十名儿童进行输精管切除术
children who had no say in their permanent alteration
他没有事先征求孩子们的同意
and all in service of some
他做的这一切仅仅基于
harebrained theory that has no proven basis in medical science.
一个在医学上毫无依据的荒谬理论
Dr. Gallinger, your defense.
加林格医生 为自己辩护吧
I plead guilty, Dr. Phelps.
我有罪 菲尔普斯医生
Guilty to believing what I believe in doing what I have done.
我错在坚信自己的行为是正确的
So you did alter these boys?
所以你确实给那些孩子做了手术
Of course.
是的
And I stand by it.
而且我觉得我没做错
Cripples, imbeciles,
他们有的残疾 有的低能
criminals, defectives--
有的是罪犯 有的身体有缺陷
I spare the world from their line
他们没资格繁衍后代
in order to benefit the greater good.
我都是为了让世界变得更美好
What gives a man the right to play God?
人凭什么扮演上帝
Deciding who is hereditarily fit
凭什么决定别人
and who unworthy to bear children?
有没有资格繁育后代
What Dr. Gallinger did was an act of egotism,
加林格医生的所作所为极其自负
of cruelty, and of malpractice.
残忍♥和违背医德
As his superior at the Knickerbocker,
作为他在尼克博克医院的上级
it is my recommendation that this board
我提议委员会考虑
considers a full revocation of Dr. Gallinger's credentials.
撤销加林格医生的从业资格
What Edwards has left out
爱德华兹这番谴责
of his mongrelization-loving diatribe
真是博爱 但他忽略了一个事实
is that full permission was granted
对于每一个男孩
on every single procedure
进行的每一次手术
on every single one of those boys.
都获得了许可
Let me introduce Dr. Samuel Reid.
这位是塞缪尔·里德医生
Good afternoon, doctors.
下午好 诸位医生
Dr. Reid is the director of the Idiot House on Randall's Island.
里德医生在兰德尔斯岛经营智障儿童庇护所
I am indeed.
正是如此
I have state guardianship of all the boys in my home
我拥有庇护所全部男孩的监护权
and I did, in fact, grant Dr. Gallinger full permission
我确实授予了加林格医生许可
to perform these procedures.
来进行这些手术
You have papers to substantiate all of this?
你有文件能证明吗
Of course.
当然有
Dr. Gallinger and I have a similar philosophy
在这方面 我和加林格医生
when it comes to these matters.
有相同的理念
Oh, so this quackery is now sanctioned by the state.
这种庸医行为政♥府♥竟然批准了
Wonderful.
真好
What Edwards and other people of his kind cannot accept
爱德华兹和他那类人无法接受的是
is there is great validity in the eugenics movement.
优生运动的巨大好处
States such as California and Indiana
像加州和印第安纳州
are already seeing the benefits of a purified society
都已经看到了净化社会的好处
and are considering writing it into their legislation.
甚至还考虑把它写进法律里
This movement is growing
在现代医学史中
faster than any other in modern medicine.
这次运动的发展是最为迅速的
But men like Edwards
但爱德华兹这类人
likely also buried their heads when other revolutions arose
永远都不会向前看 无法接受变革
like germ theory, vaccinations,
不论是细菌理论 疫苗接种
things that proved over time to be miracles.
还是那些经过时间考验的奇迹
Now, if the board sees fit
委员会当然可以
to prevent me from practicing in New York,
阻止我继续在纽约行医
there are hundreds of other institutions
可还有几百家医院
and doctors whom I'm sure would welcome me.
盼着我去呢
Thank you, Dr. Gallinger.
谢谢你 加林格医生
Dr. Edwards,
爱德华兹医生
how much have you studied the eugenics movement?
你了解优生运动吗
I've read several articles in "Lancet"
我在《柳叶刀》和其他医学期刊上
and in other medical journals.
看过一些相关的论文
And you believe that's enough
你觉得这样就可以
to discredit an entire field of study?
诋毁一整个研究领域了吗
A field which is now being taught
这个领域目前还是
in hundreds of medical schools and universities?
几百所医学院和大学的教学项目
This isn't about a field of study.
问题不在研究领域
It is about intention.
问题在于研究动机
But Dr. Gallinger's intentions were, in his words,
但加林格医生刚说了 他的动机
for the greater good.
是为了让世界变得更美好
Yes, but for the greater good of whom?
是 可是对谁来说更美好呢
Himself?
他自己吗
You, Dr. Phelps?
还是你 菲尔普斯医生
Mankind.
全人类
Eugenics is, in my opinion, a very legitimate
在我看来 优生学正当合理
and necessary study.
是很有必要研究的领域
So much so I've added it to the curriculum
就连我自己开办的哥伦比亚医学院
at my own Columbia Medical College.
也在教授这门课程
You broke into his office
你先是闯进他的办公室
and you accused him of doing something
然后又指责他行医不当
to which he apparently had every right.
但其实人家没有任何过失
Unless my colleagues differ from me in their opinions,
除非我的同事们有异议
I see no reason to grant your request.
否则我们只能驳回你的请求了
I see.
我明白了
Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢您 医生
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
You really intend on doing this?
你就非要跟我作对吗
You realize you're just proving my entire thesis?
你知道你刚证明了我的整套理论吗
I just made a logical
我的观点合情合理
and scientific argument...
合乎科学规律
and respected, learned men agreed with me
德高望重的学者们都认同我
because whether you like it or not,
因为无论你乐不乐意
this field of study is legitimate
这个研究领域的存在都是合法的
and it's not going away.
它会一直发展下去
It is fact.
这就是事实
Of course, instead of being a man of science,
你抛弃了身为一名医生的风度
you raise your fists like an animal,
反而选择像禽兽一样挥舞拳头
the animal we are proving your people to be.
我们果然没看错 你们黑人都是禽兽
In the face of intellectual reason,
说理说不过
you can't help but resort to violence.
就想用暴♥力♥解决问题
Well, I won't.
我才不会和你一样
'Cause the fight is already--
因为这场争斗早已有定论了
Now you just proved it again,
现在你又再次证实了这一点
stupid nigger.
蠢黑鬼
Dorothy!
多萝西
Dorothy! Everett?
多萝西 埃弗雷特
What is it? I won.
怎么了 我赢了
I beat that dusky bastard every which way.
我彻底打败了那个黑杂种
I tamed the goddamn beast.
我驯服了那个该死的禽兽
Did you go for his eye?
一拳直冲眼睛吗
Like a hammer to a nail.
是 稳准狠
He had no idea I knew.
他根本没想到
Let's go upstairs.
我们上楼
Take me right here.
就在这里上我
It don't matter if she's a cocktrough whore
不论是万人骑的婊♥子♥
or dressed up like a dog's dinner.
还是穿着考究的淑女
You can't tell a thing by looking at 'em, fellas.
光用看的可不行 各位
They maybe got it, and maybe they don't.
她们也许有 也许没有
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表