剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
And what if it runs out of electricity?
如果没电了呢
There's places all over that'll
城里很多地方
swap the battery off the bottom in a jiff.
可以很快地取出没电的电池
Bolt on a full one and I'm on my way.
换上充满电的 我就可以出发了
No more hooves to the head. No more tacking up.
没有踢人的马蹄 不用再装马具
No more horse shit.
再也没有马粪
I doubt that.
我看未必
I'll give you $45 a month to cover the automobile,
我每个月给你45美元的车费
10 of which comes back to me
你要给我10元回扣
and you pay for all repairs to keep it running.
维修费你自己出
Mr. Barrow, you just got yourself the finest ambulance
巴罗先生 你现在拥有全纽约市
in all of New York City.
最好的救护车
Come on.
来吧
We are in business.
生意做成了
It's a little dark. I'm having trouble seeing.
有点暗 我看不清楚
Nurse Baker, light, please.
贝克护士 请打开辅助光源
Retract more, nurse.
把牵引器开大一点 护士
What do you notice?
你看到什么了
Calot's triangle.
胆囊三角
There are two cystic arteries arising
肝管上本来应该只有一条动脉
from the hepatic instead of the usual one.
可是这里有两条胆囊动脉
It occurs in about 15% of cases.
百分之十五的病例会出现这种情况
Nurse Baker, has our next patient been prepped?
贝克护士 下一个病人做好术前准备好了吗
He has. And the one after that? The tonsils?
好了 之后那个呢 扁桃体手术那个
I'll make certain. Thank you.
我去查看一下 谢谢
We'll need to separate out and ligate both arteries.
我们需要把两条动脉分开并结扎
The inferior one is exceptionally underdeveloped.
下面那条动脉发育得异常不足
It's hard against the hepatic.
紧挨着肝管
You do it.
你来吧
Me?
我吗
You've seen it done.
你见过我怎么做的
Now it's time you do one yourself.
现在是你亲自动手的时候了
See one, do one?
学以致用
Teach one.
授人以渔
Dr. Gallinger.
加林格医生
Edwards.
爱德华兹
Tell me, how...
告诉我
how are things at home?
家里最近怎么样
I am ready to resume my duties.
我已经准备好重返岗位了
I see.
这样啊
Well, I must admit that having a third set of experienced hands
首先 多一双经验丰富的手一起做
would be useful in picking up the slack,
约翰留下的工作 再好不过
but know this...
但是你要明白
you come back,
如果你回来
you come back as subordinate to me
你是我的下属
with the full respect and deference that implies.
要对我保持尊重 遵从我的决定
I think I'll come back when the chief of surgery returns.
等主任医师回来我再回来好了
I'm acting chief now.
现在我是代理主任医师
And I intend to make that permanent.
我还打算当正式的主任医师
You think this hospital will go along with that?
你以为医院会同意吗
You're as dumb as you think I think you are.
你果然蠢得不出我所料
Come in.
请进
Nurse Elkins.
埃尔金斯护士
I miss you calling me Lucy.
我怀念你以前叫我露西的日子
It's your title in this institution.
在医院就该这么称呼你
I think a woman such as yourself
此时你这种女人
would be glad to receive any sign of respect at this point.
应该高兴我还愿意尊重你
You don't have to be mean.
你不用这么刻薄
It's not in your nature.
你不是这样的人
What do you want?
你想干什么
It's just that it's your birthday tomorrow.
明天是你生日
I always like to get my presents early.
我习惯提前送生日礼物
Makes your special day feel longer
这样可以让你的生日更长
'cause it starts the day before.
因为它提前一天开始
Aren't you gonna open it?
你不打开看看吗
It's a caduceus.
双蛇杖[医疗象征]
It's real gold.
它是纯金打造的
Must have cost you a lot.
这一定花了你不少钱
I wanted to.
我愿意
I can't accept this.
我不能接受这份礼物
Well, I've been doing my best on several fronts.
我在很多方面都尽心尽力
Our groundbreaking ceremony is still on schedule
我们的破土典礼将如期进行
and will certainly attract donors' attention.
必将引起投资者的注意
You've all approved the architectural plans
关于你们都认可的施工方案
and I've set about hiring the best contractors in New York.
我要把工程交给纽约最好的几家承包商
Each is going through a withering negotiation,
每一项谈判我都使出浑身解数
I can assure you.
我可以向你们保证
Not a penny of your money
不论是人力上还是物料上
will be wasted on manpower or materials.
一分钱都不会浪费
Very good. What's next?
非常好 还有什么事
Dr. Edwards is waiting to give us a report on his efforts.
爱德华兹医生准备汇报他近期的工作
Bring him in.
让他进来
Dr. Edwards.
爱德华兹医生
Good day, gentlemen.
先生们 你们好
Algie.
阿尔吉
Have a seat.
请坐
Despite being understaffed,
尽管人手不足
the surgical service has been able to average
外科仍然每周
over 40 surgeries per week
进行超过40场外科手术
with no increase in complications
并发症病例没有增加
and an 18% decrease in mortality.
死亡率也下降了百分之十八
Also...
同时
we have added several new procedures.
我们还实验了几种新的手术方式
Four of which we have perfected ourselves.
其中有四种我们已经做得很完美了
When will Dr. Thackery return?
萨克雷医生什么时候回来
The news I've received indicates the man
根据消息 他现在还回不来
is in no shape to return and likely never will be.
并且很可能永远也回不来了
He seems lost to his addiction forever.
他好像永远也无法摆脱毒瘾了
If that ends up being the case...
如果事情真的这样发展的话
I would like to put myself forward
我愿毛遂自荐
as a candidate for the permanent job as chief of surgery.
成为正式外科主任的候选人
I'm sure you would.
你当然愿意那么做
At the very least, I think it would be prudent
但至少要先开始找寻人选
to start a search.
才是明智之举
For a fourth surgeon, yes.
找第四位外科医生 我同意
No, for a man to take your job atop the department.
不 找能接替你科领导者工作的人
There are the right sort of men at several institutions
在国内各大机构中有不少人
around the country who would make excellent candidates.
有资格当这个职位的候选人
I know a very good junior man at Dartmouth
达特茅斯有个不错的新人
who would be eager to make a step up.
非常渴望获得晋升的机会
Before we go casting about New Hampshire for new blood,
在把目光投向新罕布♥什♥尔州的新鲜血液之前
let's put together a set of criteria,
我们先梳理一遍这个职位的要求
most of which I'm sure Dr. Edwards already fulfills,
我相信爱德华兹医生已经做到大部分了
and begin a more formal process.
然后再进行一个更正式的流程
Agreed.
同意
I may have a solution to the problem
关于你提出的第四位外科医生的问题
of the fourth surgeon you requested.
我可能有个办法
I was recently able to lure Dr. William Mays
我最近一直在劝说威廉姆·梅斯医生
out of private practice and to our hospital.
从私家诊所跳槽到我们的医院
In addition to being an excellent doctor,
他是一位非常出色的医生
he was also trained as a surgeon.
同时他也接受过外科手术的训练
You hired a surgeon without consulting me?
你招外科医生都不和我商量
I hired a doctor, which is my job.
我招医生 这是我的工作
I know Mays. A good family and a decent sort.
我认识梅斯 很正派的人 家庭也很好
His wife's a member of the Women's Temperance Society.
他的妻子是妇女禁酒协会的成员
An irony if there ever was one.
讽刺的是我从来没觉得这组织存在
Gentlemen.
先生们
If I may be candid.
直言不讳的话
Dr. Mays is a general practitioner
梅斯医生只是一名全科医生
and not up to the surgical standards of this hospital.
并不能达到我们医院的外科医生标准
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表