剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
I always told you I would treat you like a daughter.
我一直说把你当女儿看待
And haven't I?
我做到了吗
You've been very kind.
你对我很好
Both you and Mrs. Showalter.
不管是你还是肖沃尔特夫人
Then what more do you want?
那你还需要什么
I don't want anything.
我什么都不想要
Because I've given you everything
因为我已经给了你一切
and still it's not enough for you.
但对你来说还是不够
We had a bargain.
我们之前有过约定
I would bring you back to New York
我让你回纽约
and you would stop your running around.
你就不再东奔西跑
You swore you would give your full attention
你曾发誓会倾注全部精力来
to the needs of my son and this family,
满足我儿子和这个家庭的需求
your family.
你的家庭
And I have. You've done no such thing.
我做了啊 胡说八道
You've barely attended any of the meetings
你几乎没有参加过一次
of the ball committee.
舞会委员会议
Instead you've been sneaking around like a thief in the night,
相反你经常像夜贼一样偷偷摸摸
scurrying like a rat investigating your dead inspector.
像老鼠一样仓惶地调查稽查员的死亡
You've had someone following me.
你派人跟踪我
And for good reason.
我有充分的理由那么做
You don't understand what I--
你根本不明白我...
You should be pregnant!
你怎么还没怀上孩子
Did he threaten you?
他威胁你了吗
No. Then what happened?
没有 那到底怎么回事
I just want to leave this house and never come back.
我只想永远离开这栋房♥子
My father isn't a man you want to upset.
我父亲不是你惹得起的
I don't care.
我不在乎
And neither would I.
我也不在乎
But you know I think the world of your father
可是考虑到你父亲的情况
and we need to make sure that he is protected.
我们必须确保他的安全
From what?
谁会伤害他
From you.
你
Excuse me?
你说什么
He owes my father an enormous amount of money.
他欠了我父亲很大一笔钱
His investment is all that's keeping Robertson Shipping afloat.
罗伯森船运公♥司♥全靠我父亲的投资维持
He could call your father's note.
我父亲完全可以撤销投资
Even the rumor of a rift between our families
还有我们两家不和的谣言
would send the stock plummeting.
也会导致股价暴跌
Wolves would eat him for breakfast on the exchange.
交易所的金融巨头会把你父亲当早餐吃了
I-- I never even thought...
我从来没想过
That's where I have to think for both of us.
所以我必须为我俩考虑
If we run from my father and his fortune now,
如果我们现在逃离我父亲和他的财产
there'll be no fortune of your father's for us to run to,
你父亲短时间内也不会有财产
not for very long.
可以让我们投奔
There are a dozen ways the Showalters could ruin
肖沃尔特家族有很多手段可以
the Robertsons and never give it a second thought.
毁掉罗伯森家族 并且不会有丝毫犹豫
So what do we do?
那我们怎么办
What did my father ask of you?
我父亲要你怎么做
To make you happy.
让你开心
Then make me happy.
那就让我开心吧
How does it go up there? Can you lose it?
是怎么套上的 不会掉吗
No, you place it right in there.
不会 就把它套上去
Give it a little soak in olive oil first.
套之前先在橄榄油里浸一下
What if the fella has some sick on him?
如果那男的身上有病怎么办
A disease? A rubber's your best chance.
有病 那就用橡胶的吧
A Goodyear, but they're hard to come by.
用固特异的 不过挺难买♥♥到的
People been making good Johnny sheaths
人们用动物的小肠
out of animal intestines for years.
做避孕套很多年了
Just got to find somebody who can make it right.
只要找到会做的人就行
Oh, pardon me.
抱歉打扰了
I didn't know you was having tea. We're not.
不知道你们在开茶话会 我们没有
I'm teaching them how to protect themselves from men.
我在教她们保护自己不受男人欺负
Well, three swift boot heels to the scrotum,
用鞋跟朝他们阴囊连踹三下
he'd rather be humping a beehive
保证他蜷得像个球
and never come near you again.
再也不敢靠近你了
What do you use to not get pregnant with him?
你跟他在一块儿用什么避孕
Nothing.
什么也不用
We're just sharing the place for now. That's it.
我们只是暂时住一起 没别的
Sure.
当然
What's the occasion?
穿这么正式干什么
Oh, there's a big to-do charity ball
今晚医院要办一场
for the hospital tonight.
大型慈善舞会
Figured there ain't a chance
估摸我和哈利
in hell of me and Harry getting invited,
是绝对不会被邀请了
so why not have a little hooley of our own right here?
所以我们干脆就在这开个小型舞会
If that's all right with you, Harry.
你愿意吗 哈利
I suppose.
应该可以
Right, I'll get started on these chops, then.
行 那我先开始弄排骨了
Well, so far I've seen three Phippses,
我已经看见三个菲普斯家族的人
two Gould heirs, Van Rensselaers,
两个古尔德继承人 凡伦斯勒家族
Lina Astor.
还有莉娜· 阿斯特
We might be the only two working men in this whole room.
整个厅里可能就我俩是工薪阶层
Imagine how I feel.
想想我的感受吧
I don't get to wear ball gowns very often in my line of work.
干我这行的可没什么机会穿礼服
Opal, you look like you were born to wear dresses like that.
欧珀 你似乎天生就能驾驭这样的衣服
I was.
没错
But I'm really here for the entertainment.
不过我其实是来享受娱乐的
They have Williams and Walker performing tonight.
今晚威廉姆斯和沃克会表演
I took Opal to see them and
我带欧珀看过一次
we haven't stopped talking about them since.
然后我们就常把他们挂在嘴边了
We already have tickets for their new show on Broadway.
我们已经有他们百老汇最新演出的门票了
I'm fighting Wingo tooth and nail,
我拼了命跟温戈争论
but he simply will not yield to reason.
但他就是听不进道理
Changes at every turn, slowing the workers to a crawl.
计划不断变化 严重阻碍工人的进度
It's been frightfully expensive for all of us.
这对我们来说代价太大了
Fire him. Agreed.
炒了他 赞成
Of course I expected this might happen,
我早就料到会发生这种事
so I've been holding back much of his fee.
所以我扣下了他不少酬金
Oh, well done, Mr. Barrow.
做得好 巴罗先生
Shall I give him the boot now?
我现在就炒了他吗
You can do it in the morning.
明早再炒吧
Let Michelangelo have his last dance.
让我们的大艺术家享受最后一支舞
Gentlemen. Gentlemen.
先生们 先生们
Victoria.
维多利亚
Hobie, Eunice, I hope you're enjoying our festivities.
霍比和尤尼斯 希望你们今晚尽兴
It's a lovely evening.
这个晚会很棒
Cornelia, you have outdone yourself.
科妮莉亚 你真是超水平发挥
Yes, you have, my dear.
是的 没错 亲爱的
Your talents are endless.
你真是才华横溢
All of those many meetings you attended
你参加了那么多委员会议
certainly have paid off.
真是没白费
Thank you.
谢谢
Didn't I tell you that
我早跟你说过
being a leading woman of New York society would be rewarding?
做引领纽约社会的女性是有回报的
And you were right as usual, Eunice.
你又说对了 尤尼斯
Cornelia.
科妮莉亚
Oh, thank you for your advice, Eunice.
谢谢你的建议 尤尼斯
I hope, father, that with so many immigrants coming in,
父亲 有这么多移♥民♥过来
the new Knick will still have room for the poor in its beds.
但愿新尼克病院仍有足够的床留给穷♥人♥
We'll still have wards,
我们还有空病房♥
but now they'll be offset
但会优先保留给
by a majority of patients of real means.
那些家财万贯的病人
Your father is a businessman, Cornelia,
你父亲是商人 科妮莉亚
but one with a vulnerable heart.
但有一颗脆弱的心
Let's hope not too vulnerable.
但愿别太脆弱了
Yours might not be the
你家族应该
only vulnerable heart in the family, Captain.
不止你有颗脆弱的心 上尉
Your plate's got more bones than a graveyard.
你盘子里的骨头比墓地的都多
Don't say it like that.
别这么说嘛
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表