剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
Henny, it's lovely to see you.
亨妮 很高兴见到你
Mary, how are all your people?
玛丽 你们还好吗
Political, as always.
还是很爱谈论政♥治♥
There's usually an Ingersoll campaigning for something somewhere.
总有英格索尔的演说在进行
Where is Eleanor? I'd love to see her.
埃莉诺怎么没来 我可想她了
Visiting relatives on Long Island.
她去长岛探望亲戚了
I'm afraid she left me to face the class of '91 all by myself.
不能陪我参加91同学会
Well, it's only for one night.
也就一晚上嘛
Or has she left you for good?
她不会不回来了吧
No, she'll be back. I'm sure of it.
她会回来的 这点我很确信
Pardon me.
失陪
You've seen the streets of this city.
你也看到这城市的街头现状了
The dregs of the world are coming here.
世界各地的渣滓蜂拥而至
Every country emptying their slums into our ports.
所有国家的贫民都跑这里来了
Italians, Jews,
意大利人 犹太人
any Semite, really,
什么闪米特人
Slavs with their darkness and filth,
肮脏丑恶的斯拉夫人
Gypsies and homosexuals,
吉普赛人 还有同性恋
the dim-witted, infirm, and defective everywhere we look.
笨蛋和懦夫 各种下等人比比皆是
But among them, the Negro,
其中 我们自己
the one we brought here ourselves,
带进来的黑鬼
he could be the largest danger of all.
可能会造成最大的危险
Gallinger, good to see you.
加林格 很高兴见到你
Don't let me interrupt.
你继续说
We were just discussing eugenics.
我们正在讨论优生学呢
Drexler and I are both teaching courses on the subject this year.
我和德雷克斯勒今年都教这门课
Do you know much about it?
你了解这门课吗
Heard a few things.
有所耳闻
Breed the best to the best to get the best.
良种配良种以得良种嘛
But it's just as important that the laggards, the worst of our species,
但是保证劣种 也就是最差的人种
don't get the chance to continue their line
不要延续血脉 或者污染良种血脉
or contaminate a better one.
也是很重要的
And Negroes are the largest threat?
而黑鬼是最大的威胁
There is a reason that as people they've never succeeded.
这类人种从来没有发迹过是有原因的
Science is proving their weak intellect
科学证明他们的智商低
and innate lack of character.
而且性格先天性有缺陷
If they continue to breed,
如果他们继续繁殖
if they, heaven forbid, begin to mix in with us,
如果 但愿不会如此 和我们交♥配♥
we'll forfeit potential greatness
我们将因为种族混杂
for the mongrelization of our species.
失去进化得更好的潜力
Forgive us our preaching.
请原谅我们的说教
Drexler and I are both a bit evangelical on the subject.
我和德雷克斯勒比较执着于这个话题
Rockefeller, Carnegie, Harriman,
洛克菲勒 卡内基 哈里曼
they're all putting money towards teaching.
都把钱投在教育上
Colleges and medical schools
大学和医学院
are adding eugenics courses in droves.
也陆陆续续在开设优生学
It's the future.
未来的必然趋势
And it's coming just in time.
而且来得正是时候
Amen.
阿门
Speak freely, brother.
畅所欲言吧 兄弟
Confess yourself without fear.
抛开恐惧 忏悔自己
You're in the presence of God.
你现在与主同在
I have thieved. Amen.
我偷过东西 阿门
My whole life.
一生如此
I stole from my employer. Amen, brother.
偷我雇主的东西 阿门 兄弟
I stole from my wife's widowed mother. Amen.
偷我妻子寡母的东西 阿门
Anybody else I could dupe.
能偷到的人我都不放过
I made promises I knew I would never keep. Amen.
我做出明知无法兑现的承诺 阿门
I hurt anybody who ever loved me
我伤害了所有爱我的人
and I never felt a moment of regret.
而且从来没有一丝悔意
Amen, brother.
阿门 兄弟
Instead, I felt a vain glory for having succeeded in it.
不仅如此 我还因为做了这些莫名骄傲
Amen.
阿门
But I succeeded nothing outside of destroying myself.
我所做的事 毁掉的是我自己
I know that God is punishing me,
我知道上帝在惩罚我
but I hope,
但我希望
I pray
我祈祷
that He can see just how much I've changed.
主能看到我的改变
Stay on the path
继续努力
and His forgiving light
主的宽恕之光
will soon shine down upon you.
很快就会照到你身上
Amen. Amen.
阿门 阿门
Amen.
阿门
Who else among us...
今晚还有谁
needs to unburden themselves tonight?
想一吐为快
I have a heavy heart.
我有心事
The heart of a sinner.
我有罪
My daughter.
我女儿
Works as a nurse.
是个护士
She's seen some vile, awful sickness,
亲眼见过恶劣的 可怕的疾病
but nothing comes close to the disease Satan can infect in you.
但比起被魔鬼污染心智 那些都是小病
The cure-- confession.
唯一的解药 就是忏悔
Open up that medical kit, Lucy.
打开忏悔的药箱吧 露西
Take out that medicament and cast the devil out.
吃下这剂良药 驱除心中的魔鬼
Go on, Cricket.
说吧 小蟋蟀
Right, are you ready?
你准备好了吗
I can't believe you haven't been here before.
真不敢相信你没来过这里
Here we are.
我们进来了
So when you did your expose,
当你揭露真♥相♥时
how were you able to gather all that information
是怎么做到收集那么多信息
without anyone becoming suspicious
却不引起怀疑
or getting drugged yourself?
或害自己被下药
Well, I seduced the orderlies with filthy stories
我用黄色小故事和色情图片
and erotic pictures.
色♥诱♥看护
Really?
真的吗
No.
没有
No, of course not.
当然没有啦
No, I paid them off.
不 只是花了点钱
Ahem, a well-offered bribe can be an art.
贿赂这种事做得漂亮也能成为艺术
Perhaps I'll bribe you.
也许我会贿赂你
To do what?
贿赂我♥干♥什么
I'll think of something.
还在思考中
But you liked the article?
你喜欢我的文章吗
Oh, I loved the article.
我太爱那篇文章了
But I don't want people thinking all medicine is like that.
但我不希望人们认为医学都是那样
Psychiatry is a very new field
精神病学是新领域
and things always look worse at the beginning.
新事物一开始都很糟
Not all things.
并非所有事都如此
No, not all things.
确实并非所有事都如此
Well, that's why I'm writing about Zinberg.
所以我才要写金伯格
Right.
是吗
A positive story about medicine.
医学领域有正能量的故事
And if it happens to show a Jew
如果能帮犹太人
who isn't a Lower East Side ghetto peasant,
摆脱下东区贫民的形象
all the better.
就更好了
Before I met Zinberg,
在认识金伯格之前
the only Jews I had met
我接触过的犹太人
were destitute patients at the Knick.
都是尼克病院的穷苦患者
Hmm. Well, now you know two who aren't.
现在你认识两个例外了
You?
你
Jewish?
也是犹太人
Yeah, from head to toe.
没错 如假包换
But don't worry, it's not catching.
别担心 不会传染的
No, no, no, it's-- I didn't mean--
没有 没有 我不是那个意思
it's just that-- it's just Genevieve Everidge is a very--
只是吉纳维芙·埃弗雷治这名字很...
Goyisha name?
不像犹太名
Well... Yeah.
是啊 没错
Yeah, it reeks of old money.
确实有贵族的感觉
A finishing school girl.
宛若精修学校女孩
But you aren't?
你不是吗
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表