剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
And how much gold have you strained into your pan?
你捞到了多少
So far?
迄今为止
In the range of $12,000.
一万两千块
That's a sardine in a fisherman's net.
不过是点蝇头小利
We here at Tammany, we prefer whales.
我们坦慕尼协会喜欢赚大钱
But it's not a bad thing to hold on to a sardine now and then.
但偶尔赚点小钱也不赖
So, from now on,
所以 从现在起
15% of your construction costs
在你收回扣前
before your skim comes to us.
从施工费里抽15%给我们
That's a bit high, don't you think?
你不觉得有点多吗
My contractors will balk.
我手下的承包商不会同意的
No, they won't.
不 他们会的
It's the going rate
这是现在的行情
for keeping things running along smoothly as they have been.
如果要让一切安然无恙地正常运作的话
And we'll show you how to game it right.
我们会教你怎么玩的
You give us our share, we'll make sure you have no trouble
你给我们分成 我们帮你摆平
with the city, politicians, cops,
市政♥府♥ 政客 警♥察♥
unions, theft, anything that might come your way.
工会 小偷 任何阻碍
Building a hospital's a noble cause
建医院是一项伟大事业
and we here at Tammany want nothing more
我们坦慕尼协会只是想
than to support you the best way we know how.
用我们掌握的最佳方式帮你
Well, thank you.
多谢
The oysterman was picked clean by the time I got there.
我到的时候 牡蛎已经卖♥♥光了
I got some cod we can fry downstairs instead.
我买♥♥了鳕鱼代替 我们可以下楼炸着吃
What are you reading?
你在看什么
Nothing.
没什么
You're hiding everything from me these days.
这几天你什么都对我藏着掖着
It's just a book, Luce.
只是一本书 露丝
"Transactions of the Association of American Obs--"
美国妇...协会学报
"Obstetricians and Gynecologists."
妇产科医师
It's about women's bodies.
讲女性身体结构的
I've been treating some special patients
自从死了个医生后
on my own since one of the doctors died.
我就在自己治疗一些特殊患者
And I want to do right by them, so...
我希望自己能正确医治他们
"The covering is quite vascular
"布满脉管
and appears like thickened muscul--"
看起来就像加厚的肌..."
Musculoperitoneal.
肌腹膜
It's a membrane that lines the abdomen.
是一层贴于腹腔的膜状组织
It's not that bad.
没那么恶心
If you want to be a doctor,
如果你想当医生
I suppose you have to like these things.
我想你就得喜欢这些东西
There are no woman doctors.
没有女人当医生的
Then it's about time we had one.
很快就会有女医生了
I'm not smart enough.
我不够聪明
You're smart enough to treat those special patients on your own.
你聪明到能自己治疗那些特殊患者
You haven't killed any of them yet, have you?
你没医死任何一个人 不是吗
No.
没有
Then maybe you know more than you think.
也许你低估了自己的能力
Come on, we're late. You're a madman.
快点 我们迟了 你真疯狂
It's fun, isn't it?
很有趣 不是吗
Onto the 7:00 A.M. train to New Orleans. Phillip.
早7点往新奥尔良的火车 菲利普
Yes, well, at least
对 至少
she'll make the barges up by the river by the next day.
她第二天就上得了河边的驳船
Well, it's better that than they limp east for three days.
总比他们向东缓行三天强
Damn it, man, get off that thing. It's lunchtime.
该死 别说了 该吃午饭了
You'd have one in your automobile if you could.
你会想在你车里弄一个
Oh, pfft. Give Edison some time.
给爱迪生一点时间
I'll wager he'll figure it out.
我赌他做得出来
So this is a nice surprise.
这是个美妙的惊喜
We so seldom get to have lunch together.
我们聚在一起吃午饭的机会太少
This isn't the surprise.
这才不是惊喜
They are waiting in the other room.
真正的惊喜在另一间房♥里等着
Oh, Henry. Dad.
亨利 爸爸
Neely, I was worried you two weren't gonna make it.
妮莉 我还担心你们俩赶不上了
Traffic. Now, if there was a subway...
交通拥堵 现在如果能有地铁
Henry, not today.
亨利 今天别说这些
Today we are celebrating Algernon and his wife.
今天我们要为阿尔杰农和他的妻子庆祝
His wife?
他的妻子
Surprise.
惊喜吧
Our man went off and got married
我们的好友在外结婚
and never breathed a word.
居然没有吐露半分
Cornelia, may I introduce Mrs. Opal Edwards?
科妮莉亚 这是欧珀·爱德华兹
Opal, this is Cornelia Showalter.
欧珀 这是科妮莉亚·肖沃尔特
Very pleased to meet you.
见到你很高兴
Our first trip to Paris was for the '89 exposition.
我们第一次去巴黎是为了参加89年的世博会
When they opened the Eiffel Tower.
会上 他们开放了埃菲尔铁塔
What did you think?
你觉得如何
Cornelia and I nearly fainted at the sight.
我和科妮莉亚一看到几乎就要晕了
You saved that until they lit it up in the evening.
你一直忍♥到他们晚上点亮铁塔
No, it's a marvelous piece of engineering.
不 那是工程学的杰作
It's a stain on a perfect city.
是一座完美城市的瑕疵
That's a bit dramatic, isn't it, Opal?
有点夸张 不是吗 欧珀
She's a performer. There's always a flair.
她是个演员 生性夸张
No, it's how I feel.
不 我就是那么觉得的
You had reservations about it yourself, Algernon.
是你对此有所保留 阿尔杰农
What the tower shows to me is progress.
铁塔让我感受到的是先进
I mean, that even the impossible is possible.
就是 一切皆有可能
That's a virtue I instilled in my children.
这是我灌输给子女的价值观
Algernon as well.
对阿尔杰农亦是如此
Is that so?
是吗
Opal, we cannot emphasize enough
欧珀 我们根本说不完
how impressed we are with what Algernon has been able to accomplish.
对阿尔杰农出众能力的欣赏
Well, I certainly benefitted from your progressive thinking.
我当然是从您的先进思想中受益匪浅
Well, he means the world to us.
他对我们很重要
Doesn't he, Neely? He does.
是不是 妮莉 是的
If that's the case,
既然这样的话
then why are his parents not invited to this lunch?
为什么没请他父母一起吃这顿午餐
Excuse me? Opal.
你说什么 欧珀
This is a celebration, as you put it.
正如你说的 这是庆祝
So why is it that they can't sit here with us
为什么他们此时不能加入我们
instead of having to stay
取而代之的是
beneath the house waiting for a bell to be rung?
留在房♥子下面等人使唤
Because that's not how things are done.
因为那样不妥
Pardon me, then.
那是我不对
I suppose we have different definitions of the term progressive.
看来我们对先进一词的定义有所不同
Are we ready to clear plates for dessert, Captain, sir?
可以清理盘子准备甜点了吗 上尉先生
What were you trying to prove back there?
你刚刚想证明什么
Am I not allowed an opinion?
我不能发表意见吗
Or is that also too progressive?
还是那样太先进了
You were trying to pick a fight.
你是在挑事儿
They talk as though they are
他们的意思就像是
responsible for your success instead of you.
你的成功完全归功于他们
He simply said that he was proud of me,
他只是说为我骄傲
not proud of what they did for me.
不是因为给了我什么而骄傲
There is a big difference.
两者有很大区别
It was unfair.
那样想不公平
You're right.
你说得没错
I apologize for being unfair to those rich white people.
我为不公平看待那些白种富人而道歉
I got enough, I'll buy myself a decent bottle.
赚够钱了 我要给自己买♥♥瓶好酒
A little short, there's a rotgut hang, Swedish, by the water.
不久后 瑞典人要在河边贩卖♥♥廉价酒
Sells penny beers and two-cent whiskey.
卖♥♥一分钱啤酒和两分钱威士忌
Jeez, what's two-cent whiskey taste like?
老天啊 两分钱威士忌是什么味道
Not like whiskey.
不像威士忌
Wendell.
温德尔
John.
约翰
I think I can help you.
我想我能帮你
I don't go in for no religion shit.
我不参与什么无宗教主义
I don't either. I'm a doctor.
我也不 我是个医生
Not interested.
没兴趣
You interested in clean clothes, three meals a day,
那你对干净衣服 一日三餐
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表