剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
and he set a trap for her.
然后他给她设了个局
I knew the Church wouldn't look too kindly on it.
我知道教堂不会容忍♥这种事
And it didn't.
而事实确实如此
Took away her habit, her name.
剥夺了她的修道服 她的圣名
Banished her.
把她逐出了教会
Left her with nothing and nobody except me.
让她除了我之外一无所有
You manipulated a nun's excommunication?
你竟然用阴谋害一位修女被逐出教会
She was a fucking abortionist!
她那时非法帮人堕胎
I know you read about it.
我知道你对这件事有所了解
You gonna start defending her now, hmm?
你现在想为她辩护了吗
I did you all a fucking favor.
我帮了你们所有人一个大忙
Now, I didn't see the law coming down as hard as it did on her.
法律对她的伤害远不及宗教的
That surprised me, I can tell you.
说实话 这让我很吃惊
That hurt me something terrible to see her so broken.
当时看到她悲痛欲绝我也很难过
But I got her out of that trouble.
但是我帮助她走出了那段阴影
She's better now.
她现在好多了
Happier than I ever seen.
比以前任何时候都要快乐
Happier than when she was a f...
毫无疑问 比她当修女的时候
nun, that's for sure.
要快乐多了
What exactly is it you want forgiveness for, then?
那你到底想让上帝宽恕你什么呢
No, no. Not forgiveness.
不 不 我不是要宽恕
I guess just a prayer or something
我要祷告之类的
so God can get her to accept me as her husband,
恳求上帝让她接受我作为她的丈夫
admit that she loves me, too.
让她承认她也爱着我
So we ain't alone anymore.
这样我们就不会再孤单
Fuck it.
该死
Where would you like to go?
您想去哪里
I-- I don't know.
我也不知道
Europe? South America?
欧洲 南美
The Orient?
东方
How far will that take me?
这些钱够我去多远的地方
What about Australia?
去澳洲怎么样
Junia, it shouldn't come to this.
尤尼娅 事情不会到那一步
I've been told it won't come to this,
我知道事情不会到那一步
but I'm being cautious for your protection.
但为了保护你我得谨慎一些
Thank you, Hermie.
谢谢你 赫姆
Good.
很好
And this is for the loan against the apartment.
这是用房♥产贷款的文件
And this money will be in your bank account.
贷款的钱会汇到你的银行账户
And this money is for your lawyer.
这笔钱要支付给你律师
Ezekiel Marshall
来自马丁 伯特
of Martin, Burt, and Marshall.
与马歇尔事务所的伊齐基尔·马歇尔
Yes. Very good.
对 非常好
And this, lastly, is the power of attorney.
最后这份是给律师的授权委托书
Sign right here.
在这里签字
All right.
很好
All right. All right. All right.
很好 很好 很好
Well, that does me, gentlemen.
这是冲我来的 先生们
Pardon me, Mr. Barrow, sir.
打扰一下 巴罗先生
What is it?
有何贵干
I wanted to apologize
先生 我想要
for my behavior earlier, sir.
为我之前的行为道歉
The fire is being ruled an accident.
经裁定那场火灾为意外事故
An electrical accident.
是一起电气事故
My superiors wanted me to come here
我的上级希望我到这来
and tell you personally.
亲自向你说明情况
Well, thank you, detective.
谢谢你 警官
Apology accepted.
我接受道歉
Now good day.
慢走不送
Your deal, Barrow.
该你了 巴罗
Ah, yes.
是的
What is wrong with your hands?
你的手怎么了
No idea.
我也不清楚
I've felt odd lately.
最近感觉不太对劲
I thought I'd have one of my doctors check me.
我得让我手下的医生给我做个检查
Well, have an X-ray done. Get to the bottom of it.
照个X光片 找出问题
They're miraculous.
这技术真是不可思议
Oh, I know.
我知道
I've had dozens of them.
我拍过很多X光片
I want to take our message on the road.
我想去各地宣传我们的讯息
Rather than follow Europe,
不再是追随欧洲
I want to lead them for a change.
我想要引领欧洲
Bring eugenics to the continent.
把优生学带到欧洲大♥陆♥去
Teach them a little something
教他们一些
about American scientific discovery.
美国的科学发现
Precisely. And who better to deliver that message
没错 那么该由谁来传达这个讯息呢
than a strong, handsome man such as yourself?
像你这样强壮英俊的男子再合适不过了
I'm flattered, but--
我受宠若惊 但是
But what?
但是什么
You'd prefer to stay here and be the subordinate to a Negro?
你宁可留在这给一个黑鬼做下属
And to the man who chose that Negro over you?
还有选那个黑鬼而不选你那个人
I was considering searching for another position.
我考虑过另谋职位
Well, you've found it.
那你现在找到了
We'd travel first class.
我们会乘坐头等舱出行
You'd be paid for your speeches
你的演讲是有偿的
and there'd be a generous stipend.
酬劳会很丰厚
This is a message that needs to be spread.
这个讯息一定要散布出去
And there are a lot of wealthy people
有很多有钱人
who are willing to fund such an effort.
愿意资助这种活动的
We'd be away for at least a year.
我们至少得离开一年
Would I be able to bring a companion?
我可以带一个伴去吗
Of course.
当然可以
You're not giving me a lot of reasons to say no.
你使我无法拒绝你
Well, that was my intention.
这正是我的本意
You'd be the traveling prophet of eugenics.
你会成为游走各地的优生学倡导者
An evangelist for the preservation of the human race.
宣扬人类保质的传道士
When would we leave?
咱们什么时候启程
First of the month.
下个月一号♥
We'd take the White Star and start in Germany.
咱们坐白星号♥ 第一站是德国
As good a place as any, I suppose.
我觉得从那开始挺好的
Gentlemen.
先生们
Please direct your attention to the center of the ring,
请把注意力集中到圆形厅中♥央♥
where I will amaze you with a feat so extraordinary,
在此我将以一非凡的壮举震惊在座的各位
it has never been seen before by you
这是你们从未见识过的
or anyone else in the history of mankind.
这是史无前例的
I have come to believe that our use of ether
我认识到我们对乙♥醚♥的使用
is both cavalier and irresponsible.
过于随意且不负责任
The drug is risky and overused,
这种药很危险且被过度使用了
and I will prove today that a man can be operated on
而在今天 我要证明我们可以
with no general anesthesia
对非全麻的人做手术
and that that same man
同时这个人
can perform the operation himself.
也可以亲手为他自己做手术
Dr. Gallinger and Dr. Chickering
加林格医生和奇克林医生
are injecting me with a 2% cocaine solution
会将2%的可♥卡♥因♥溶液
directly into my spinal canal,
直接注入我的椎管
which will block all signals of pain
这会屏蔽一切从我身体下半部
from my lower half to my upper.
传来上体的痛感信♥号♥♥
This is a technique I pioneered myself
这是由我开辟的新技术
and one I know to be completely safe
操作无误的话 这会是一个
if done correctly.
完全安全的技术
How are you gentlemen doing back there?
后面的先生们进行得怎样了
Just fine.
挺顺利的
When you assembled here,
今天你们聚集在此
see today what can be done without general anesthesia,
见证没有全麻的情况下怎么做手术
I have no doubt that we will all look back
我坚信我们可以一起回顾历史
and realize how many lives were saved on this day.
并认识到有多少条生命在今天被拯救了
Hold still, please.
请静止不动
Scalpel.
手术刀
As I work through several layers of dermis,
在我切开几层真皮的同时
Nurse Baker will follow along with the electric cauterizer.
贝克护士会准备好电灼烧器
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表