剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
try injecting the drug in different doses.
尝试注射不同剂量的药物
Just the sniffles, Chickering.
奇克林 先治疗鼻塞
You can be aggressive around here,
这里容得下你的野心勃勃
but we don't go in for sloppy or stupid.
但容不下草率和愚笨
Of course.
当然
What do you mean no match?
你说"配不上"是什么意思
You trying to bed her or beat her in badminton?
你想上她还是在羽毛球赛里打赢她
I'm not trying to bed her, Leo.
利奥 我没想上她
If it came to that,
如果真到了那一步
I worry I'm not experienced enough for her
我还真担心我配不上她
the way an older man might be.
因为老男人在这方面更有经验
There's experience out there for the taking.
有个可供你累积经验的好去处
I get mine every Tuesday
我每周二都去
at a Negro brothel on 29th Street.
在29号♥街的一家黑人妓院
As experiences go, it's worth every penny.
花钱累积经验 挺值得的
The papers are signed.
合同已经签好了
You have your subway partner.
你的地铁投资现在有合作伙伴了
Did you convince your father to sell some of his ships?
你说服你父亲卖♥♥掉他的一些船只吗
I've been able to find some savings for the company
我只是找到了公♥司♥的一些积蓄
which I think could be put to better use elsewhere.
我认为它们可以用在更好的地方
Better than in reinvesting?
甚至比再投资更好吗
How does your father feel about you betting against him?
你和你父亲对着干 他怎么看
He doesn't know.
他不知情
And I'd like to keep it that way.
而且我希望他永远别知道
If he wants to stay blindly
如果他想在十九世纪的商界
adrift in the 19th century, that's his business.
随波逐流 那是他的事
Now here's to ours.
现在 敬我们的合作一杯
It shouldn't be difficult to excise from the base of the tumor.
把肿瘤从基底部切除并非难事
Yes, there it is.
好了 就是这里
We will now bisect the healthy liver tissue leading to the tumor
现在分离肿瘤两侧的健康肝组织
and tie off all blood vessles contained within.
并结扎全部的血管
Or we could simply strangle the vessels
其实我们可以直接结扎通往肿瘤的血管
leading to the tumor and not bother the healthy liver.
这样可避免伤及健康的肝组织
Which would be lazy.
这是在偷懒
As opposed to slicing the liver further, which would be idiotic.
然而切除更多的肝组织是愚蠢的做法
There is no idiocy in
为了防止肿瘤复发
removing blood supply for any future tumors.
断掉血供 并不愚蠢
It will be done delicately and the decision has been made.
我已经决定要精细地完成这项手术
Nurse Pell.
佩尔护士
Please hand Dr. Gallinger a clean scalpel
请递给加林格医生一把刀片最薄的
with our thinnest blade so he may carry out--
干净手术刀 好让他可以完成
You want me to do it? Yes.
你让我来完成 是的
Yes.
没错
I will now bisect
现在我要...
the healthy liver tissue leading to the tumor...
把肿瘤两边的健康肝组织分开
and tie off each blood vessel contained within.
然后把与其相连的全部血管打结
Edwards.
爱德华兹
Can I get your assistance in Pathological?
你能来协助我病理学方面的事务吗
Let's go.
那走吧
Thack.
萨克
Yes?
有事吗
Why do you always go to him?
你为什么总是找他
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Why do you always choose Edwards over me?
你为什么总是找爱德华兹而不是我
Well, this is simply something for which he's better suited.
这仅仅是因为他更适合完成这项工作罢了
It was me who saved you.
但是是我救了你
And I'm eternally grateful.
对此我会永远感激
You know my appreciation for you is not an issue here.
你要知道我对你的感激和这件事无关
I just need someone with whom I can work with on this research.
我只是需要一个能共同完成研究的人罢了
Since he started here,
爱德华兹来这里工作后
Edwards has invented and improved procedure after procedure,
他一直在发明和改进手术及
technique after technique.
医疗技术
Everett, if you want to collaborate with me,
所以埃弗雷特 如果你想和我共事
then jealousy won't serve you a tenth
就该收起你的嫉妒心
as well as ambition and effort.
拿出抱负 付出努力
So that's the enemy.
这就是我们要攻克的敌人
The syphilis spirochete.
梅毒螺旋体
Our goal is to kill that bastard.
我们的目标就是消灭它
Eloquent.
听起来踌躇满志
How do you propose to do that?
你要怎么做呢
So I read in this Austrian journal
我读了一本奥地利医学期刊
that several syphilis patients inexplicably improved.
里面谈到了一些梅毒病人莫名被治愈的案例
The only link was that all had
这些案例间唯一的共同点就是
been suffering from various other illnesses--
病人都同时感染了其他不同的疾病
strep, pneumonia, meningitis.
诸如链球菌性喉炎 肺炎 脑膜炎
I've heard similar stories in Europe.
我在欧洲也听说过类似的病例
The belief is that the syphilis spirochete was killed off
有人相信梅毒螺旋体是
by something in the strep or the pneumococcus.
被链球菌或肺炎球菌里的某种物质所消灭
No, that wasn't what killed the syphilis at all.
不 它们完全不能消灭梅毒螺旋体
I have tried to kill that thing under the microscope
我尝试过在显微镜下用我所知的一切物质
with everything I can think of.
消灭梅毒螺旋体
Anything I can safely put in a human body.
只要是能够安全置于人体内的任何物质
Nothing worked.
无一成功
I thought it was indestructible
原本我还以为它是无坚不摧的
until finally it died on its own one night
直到一天晚上它自己消失了
while I was working under the light
而当时我正在数盏灯的照射下
of several lamps focused on my work.
专心工作
It's light sensitive? No.
因为它对光敏感吗 不
It's the heat.
原因在于高温
I was baking under those lamps and so was the disease.
我被那些灯高温照射 梅毒也是
Syphilis can be killed by temperature.
梅毒是可以被高温杀死的
How high?
需要多高的温度
106, 107 degrees Fahrenheit.
41或42摄氏度
If I can induce a fever in a syphilis patient
如果我能使梅毒病人发烧
and get it high enough,
并且使其体温上升到足够高
I can bake the disease to death.
我就能把病毒高温烤死
Yes, and the patient in the process.
没错 但病人也会在过程中死亡
You are talking about lethal temperatures.
你在说的是致死性温度
Yes, to cure a lethal disease.
没错 用于治愈致死性疾病
Suppose you could induce the fever using something curable.
你可以用可治愈的疾病诱发高烧
Like what? Malaria.
比如 疟疾
It's a deadly disease inducing terribly high fever,
这种疾病伴随着高烧 是非常致命的
but with a relatively dependable cure.
但有相对可靠的治疗手段
Quinine.
可以用奎宁
Well, let's try it.
好的 咱们试试吧
We would need extensive research.
我们需要广泛研究
The risks are enormous.
风险很高
No, no, that could take years.
不不 那就猴年马月了
I don't have that time.
我没时间
You?
你病了
No, Abby.
不是 是艾比
She's developing motor coordination problems.
她面对动作协调困难的问题
You know, the blood vessels in her brain
她脑内的血管
are swelling and clotting.
在膨胀和结块
Won't be long before the seizures come.
很快就会变成癫痫
The thrombosis.
血栓病
And death.
然后死亡
Where do we start?
咱们从哪里开始
Where we usually do,
老样子
with a pig.
用猪做实验
Yes, changes are always expected during construction,
施工期内提出修改是常有的事
but what you're asking is quite extensive.
但你提出的修改有点大
Well, the board thinks the matter
董事会认为这个修改非常重要
important enough to implement the changes.
不能不做
Well, I understand the Inebriety Ward,
我尚且能理解醉酒病房♥
but some of these things
但有些你要求的事情
you're asking for make very little sense.
不太合理
Changing ceiling heights, moving walls, why?
改变房♥顶高度 移♥动♥墙 为什么
It's all very disruptive,
这些都会造成混乱
not to mention it will cost a fortune in materials and manpower.
更别提还要投巨资在人力和物力上
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表