剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表
早在八十年代 美国正赶上经济复苏期
ADULT ADAM: Back in the '80s, the economy was booming,
美国人得到了更多的工作机会
Americans were heading into the office.
没有人比我妈妈更享受朝九晚五的生活了
No one was more into working 9:00 to 5:00 than my mom.
挣扎着起床 我跌跌撞撞地冲进厨房♥
*Tumble out of bed and I stumble to the kitchen
给自己加油鼓劲
* Pour myself a cup of ambition
打个哈欠 伸伸懒腰 又是活力满满的一天
*And yawn and stretch and try to come to life
拧开淋浴头 心跳个不停
*Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumping
开车上街 堵在马路上动弹不得
* Out on the street, the traffic starts jumping
身边都是和我一样朝九晚五的打工人
*With folks like me on the job from 9 to 5
朝九晚五忙不停 只为维持生计
*Working 9 to 5, what a way to make a living
工资少得可怜 任老板予取予求
* Barely getting by, it's all taking and no giving
他们剥削你的才华 却对功劳大包大揽
* They just use your mind, and they never give you credit
多想想简直要把人逼疯
*It's enough to drive you crazy if you let it
你觉得自己在干什么
What do you think you're doing?
我只是在行使作为美国人的惯有权力
Oh, I'm just exercising my right as an American
抱怨一下同事间的勾心斗角啊
to complain about the rat race,
工作又苦又累 和朝九晚五的老一套
the grind, the old 9:00 to 5:00.
但私下跟你提一句 我还蛮享受的
But secret story... I love it.
我们是一家在八点开课的学校
But we're a school. We start at 8:00.
但在多莉·帕顿的歌♥里
But the Dolly Parton song...
听着 没有人比我更爱她那
Look, no one loves the Smoky Mountain Songbird
深山百灵鸟一般的歌♥喉
more than I do,
但是她那样不问世事的洋娃娃不了解普通人的日常
but that Backwoods Barbie has no bearing on our hours.
我的同事兼好友们
My coworkers/best buds
要一起嘲笑一下我们专横跋扈的老大了
will share a chuckle about our overbearing boss.
你就是一个笑话
You're a joke.
不幸的是 大家伙都没有聊八卦的兴趣
ADULT ADAM: Unfortunately, this wasn't a workplace big on chuckles.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好
Good morning?
我都还没把外套脱下来呢
I haven't even taken my jacket off yet
而这位就已经准备好和我争论一场了
and this one wants to argue with me.
有谁准备好迎接新的一天啦
Who's ready to take on the day?
肯定不是我 我昨晚喝过头了
Not me. I am hung over.
食堂员工难道可以进教师休息室吗
Are cafeteria staff allowed to be in the teachers' lounge?
我总得找个地方活动一下筋骨啊
I gotta do my stretches somewhere.
您哪位
Ow.And who are you?
我不记得冲着你的脸大喊大叫过
I don't recognize your face from yelling in it.
我是胡珀老师 名字叫安德莉亚
I'm Miss Hooper, Andrea.
今年刚刚入职
It's my first year teaching,
所以我就静静旁观 了解一下事态
so I'm just quietly going with the flow.
- 你教我儿子亚当吗 - 不教
Do you have my Adam?No.
那就好 你自己都还是个孩子 教不了他什么东西
Good. You're a child. You'll teach him nothing.
格拉斯科特老师 你平时更活跃些的啊
Mr. Glascott, you're usually chipper.
- 有什么烦心事吗 - 我没有烦心事
What's got you down?Oh, I'm not down.
我只是在默默消化我都五十五岁了这事
I'm just having a contemplative moment about turning 55,
这和我的最高车速是同一个数字
the same age as the speed I won't exceed.
今天是你的生日啊 我们怎么庆祝
It's your birthday? Well, how are we celebrating?
这个酸奶杯上有他的名字
This yogurt I'm eating has his name on it.
你父母是在四月怀上的
Your parents did it in April.
- 真好 - 振作起来
Nice.BEVERLY: Come on.
我们要烤一个蛋糕
We've got to bake a cake,
举♥行♥一场学院晨会 让学生给他唱生日歌♥
call a school assembly so the kids can sing to him.
这个人是你最好的朋友啊
This man is your best friend.
最好的朋友 谁给你灌输的这么可怕的想法
Best friend? Where'd you get that horrible notion?
《风云女郎》 《设计女王》
Murphy Brown Designing Women.
《齐饮》 玛丽·泰勒·摩尔
Cheers. Mary Tyler Moore.
是啊 片子是挺好看的 但都是瞎编的罢了
Yeah, those are all fun, but that's a bunch of hooey.
我最好的朋友是治疗我膝盖的医生
My best friend is my knee medication.
他知道我的喜好
He knows what I like.
贝弗利 虽然我很感谢你这些不必要的热情
Beverly, while I do appreciate your unwanted passion,
但我们不组织这种活动
we don't do that stuff around here.
同事们理应关系好才对
Coworkers are supposed to be close.
但我们宁愿保持专业一点
Well, we like to keep it professional around here.
我靠 有人偷吃了我的贝果
Dang it! Someone ate my bagel!
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday!
我内心纠结万分
* I'm twisted up inside
但无论如何 我有必要说
* But nonetheless, I feel the need to say
我虽不知前路在何方
* I don't know the future
过往之事却日渐清晰
* But the past keeps getting clearer every day
一九八几年的三月三日
ADULT ADAM: It was March 3rd, 1980-something,
我的哥哥巴里 正为他在大学里的定位
and my brother, Barry, was feeling frustrated
沮丧不已
with his college identity.
我什么都试过了
I still haven't found my thing here,
可还没找到适合我的项目
and I've tried everything.
运动 学校广播站 模拟法庭
Sports, campus radio, mock trial.
你知道在模拟法庭上
Did you know that's not about
我们不能嘲笑那些受审的人吗
making fun of people who were on trial?
你到底对什么感兴趣
What exactly are you looking for?
我问这话 只是怕不小心跟你加到同一个社团里
I'm only asking so I don't accidentally join the same group.
我想找个能让我看起来与众不同的项目
I need something that helps me stand out.
我以前可是高中之王
I was the king of our high school,
现在不过是人群里的另一个杰夫
but here I'm just another Geoff in the crowd.
听你大声说出来 可真扎心
What a wildly hurtful thing to say out loud,
但我好像帮你找到了
but I think I found it?
他看到的其实是一种很小众的女生联谊会选美
ADULT ADAM: And "it" was a very specific sorority beauty competition.
你好 陌生美女 你的标牌写错了
Excuse me, attractive stranger, your sign's mistaken.
应该是启航小姐
That should say Miss Ships Ahoy.
只有女孩才参加选美
Pageants are for the gals.
没有写错
Not a mistake.
这是我们女生会组织的男性选美比赛
This is my sorority's male beauty pageant.
每一年 我们都以协会核心价值为准则
Every year, we crown a new Mr. Ships Ahoy
选出新的启航先生
based on our core values,
人品优良 彬彬有礼 湿身变猛♥男♥
integrity, decency, and hotness when wet.
我喜欢趣多多 这可以给我加分吧
I love Chips Ahoy! That's gotta matter.
告诉其他参赛者 你们已经找到冠军了
Tell the other contestants you have your champion.
你录一个小样片
Just make an audition tape
告诉我们你为什么要来参赛
saying why you should be Mr. Ships Ahoy,
下周举♥行♥舞台决赛角逐
and finalists compete onstage next week.
- 杰夫 幸好你没有选美资质 - 你这话什么意思
Geoff, thank God you're not a pageant guy.What does that mean?
你知道 你不是那种又壮又有范 脸上就写着选美男的人
You know, just cool, strong, "I'm in a pageant" guy.
我哪里不壮哪里不有范了
I'm cool and strong.
你当然是啊 只是不是传统意义上的罢了
Of course you are, just not in the traditional way,
而且我就爱你这点
and I love that.
听着不像啊
Doesn't sound like you love that.
巴里 帮我说句话
Barry, help me out here.
她说你刚到及格线
She's saying you're a six.
不对 我觉得你简直完美 对我来说
No, I'm saying you're a 10. To me.
你觉得我赢不了是吗
So you don't think I could win?
我觉得巴里也赢不了啊
I don't think Barry could win either.
我能并且一定会赢
Can and will.
当我身披腰带头戴男士皇冠闪亮登场的时候
You'll be eating those words
你就只能把这句话往肚里咽了
when I'm glistening wet in my sash and man tiara.
也可能是我身披腰带头戴皇冠
Unless I'm wearing that sash and tiara.
可能还会手捧香花
And maybe some roses.
我也不知道是怎么个搞法
I don't really know how it works.
但我会参赛并胜出
But I'm gonna compete, and I'm gonna win.
第二名
Second place.
第一名已经定下了
First is already spoken for.
就是本人
By moi.
我报名主持这项赛事的时候
I had a very specific fantasy
心中还有一幅美好憧憬
when I signed up to chair this event.
这跟我想的不一样
This is not it.
当巴里和杰夫准备好赢得比赛的时候
ADULT ADAM: While Barry and Geoff prepared for a win,
我妈妈还没从怎么跟同事交好上找着头绪
my mom was at a loss about how to connect with her coworkers.
我想不通
I don't get it.
我千方百计想和这些呆瓜打好关系
I have tried everything to bond with these dopes.
蛋糕 舞会派对 舞会派对蛋糕
Cakes. Parms. Parmed cakes.
都没起效
Nothing works.
而且我很确定他们在用鸟叫
And I'm pretty sure they're using bird calls
警告彼此我来了
to warn each other I'm coming.
剧集 | 金色年代 | 导航列表