就脱胎于特洛伊战争的故事
from the story of Troy.
它说明不管你有多强大 都一定会有弱点
It means however strong you are, you've always got a weak spot.
即便是大象也有其阿克琉斯之踵
Even elephants have an Achilles heel,
这一点是由希腊人发现的
as the Greeks found out.
不靠谱武器
不靠谱武器
号♥
古时候
In ancient times,
希腊皮洛士国王和罗马人打仗的时候
King Pyrrhus of Greece went to battle with the Romans
带上了自己的秘密武器 大象
and brought with him a secret weapon, elephants.
大象们 冲啊
Elephants, charge!
希腊战象非常厉害
Greek war elephants were brilliant
因为它们一旦开始进攻就不会停下
because once they started charging, they didn't stop,
所到之处如秋风扫落叶 片甲不留
and trampled anything in their way,
尤其是会横扫敌军
particularly the enemy troops.
大象是很厉害
It was brilliant,
但不幸的是 有个小小的问题
but unfortunately, there was one small problem.
大象害怕火 和猪
Elephants are scared of fire and pigs.
于是罗马人就给一些猪点上火
So the Romans set fire to some pigs.
让它们迎向进攻的大象
And sent them charging at the charging elephants...
这让皮洛斯国王真心后悔
...making King Pyrrhus really wish...
带了他的秘密武器来参战
he'd left his secret weapon at home.
可悲的二战
二战期间英国的首相是温斯顿·丘吉尔
The British Prime Minister during World War II was Winston Churchill.
他是位很能鼓舞人心的领袖
He was an inspirational leader
并且工作勤勉
who liked to work hard,
非常非常勤勉
very, very hard indeed.
内阁作战指挥室 1944年6月 凌晨4:07
这就是诺曼底登陆当天的作战计划
So, that is the plan for the D-Day landings.
规模庞大 战术大胆
Grand in scale, audacious in nature.
将军 你怎么看
What say you, General...
-将军 -怎么了 在哪儿 全体准备
- General! - Ah, what? Where? Man the guns.
将军 你有认真听我说话吗
General, have you been listening to a word I've been saying?
抱歉 首相 一个字都没听到
I'm sorry, Prime Minister, no.
算了 起码帕梅拉都记下来了
Well, at least Pamela will have gotten it down.
帕梅拉
Pamela!
抱歉 首相 我刚才肯定是睡着了
Sorry, Prime Minister, I must have dropped off for a minute.
我正跟将军说
Right, well, I was just telling the General...
将军
General!
抱歉 首相 只是我们这周几乎天天
I'm sorry, PM, it's just we've been up till gone four
都凌晨四点多才睡
nearly every night this week.
还是有人需要睡觉的
Some of us need to sleep.
我们做不到像您那样超负荷工作 首相
We can't all work the hours you do, Prime Minister.
诺曼底登陆在即 我们怎么能睡觉呢
How can we sleep when we need to plan the D-Day landings?
这可是有史以来最伟大的单日海上登陆作战啊
The greatest single-day water-borne invasion of all time.
但您从不休息 长官
But you never stop, sir.
甚至连上厕所都要带着工作
I mean, you even take work with you into the toilet.
这是真事
您是怎么做到的
How do you keep it up?
全靠雪茄和香槟啊 孩子
Cigars and champagne, my boy.
我能借几根火柴吗
Can I possibly borrow a couple of matches?
别客气 帕梅拉
Be my guest, Pamela.
拿着 喝点香槟试试
Here, try some champers.
应该会让你清醒点
Should wake you up a bit.
多谢 长官 干杯
Thank you, sir. Cheers.
那么 诺曼底登陆当天
So, D-Day.
由五千艘舰艇组成的舰队
A fleet of 5,000 vessels
将运送16万士兵
will transport 160,000 troops,
这确实是真正的计划
抢占诺曼底海岸线上50英里长的滩头登陆
landing across a 50-mile stretch of the Normandy coastline.
并由此出发向着柏林 希♥特♥勒♥和胜利
There we will begin the long, hard push to Berlin,
开始漫长而艰辛的征程
Hitler and victory.
恕我直言 长官
With all due respect, sir,
这一点都不好玩 现在可是战备状态
that's not funny, there is a war on.
好吧 也许我该睡觉了
Very well, maybe it is time I went to bed.
-太好了 -终于啊
- Oh. Yes. - At last.
不过别担心 我有张特制的桌子
But don't worry, I've had a desk specially made to fit over it,
方便我们穿着睡衣继续会谈
so we can continue this meeting in our jimjams.
将军 带上地图
General, bring the map.
我先打个盹 真得睡会儿了
Forty winks. I just really must get my head down, you know.
就睡一会儿
Won't be long, just...
醒醒
Ow! Wake up.
我醒着呢 醒着呢 醒着呢
I'm awake, I'm awake, I'm awake!
没错 这是真的
Yes, it's true.
丘吉尔确实特制了一张床上办公桌
Churchill really did have a desk built to fit over his bed
以便在夜里继续工作
so he could carry on working at night.
受到丘吉尔鼓舞
Churchill inspired everyone
全英国人♥民♥都为战争贡献了力量
in Britain to get behind the war effort
这也永久地改变了妇女的命运
and it meant women's lives changed forever.
三十年代小女郎*
*We're girlies from the '30s
洗碗擦地忙*
*Wash the dishes, scrub the floor
一夜之间局势紧 丈夫上战场*
*When all of a sudden our hubbies went to war
英国正需好儿女 你说我退缩*
*Did you think we'd shrink in England's needy hour?
-你要干什么 -当然不*
*- You what? - Course not.
我们女孩有力量*
*'Cause we got girl power
男人二战征战苦*
*Our men are fighting World War Two
但我们不会哭*
*But we're not gonna boo-hoo-hoo
这也是我们的二战*
*It's our World War Two, too, girls
我们也能把功劳建*
*Plenty we can do, girls
我们就是二战女孩*
*We're the World War Two girls
战斗就从这开始*
*Our war begins right here
我在工厂造武器*
*I make weapons in the factory
钻孔螺栓拧螺钉*
*Drill and bolt and screw
规矩森严时间紧 方便都要速速行*
*With rules so strict, they even time you when you're on the loo
制♥造♥炸♥弹♥和子弹 身上总是脏兮兮*
*Making bombs and bullets, means I'm always mucky
洗澡申请已上交*
*I've put my name down for a bath
想去就要拼人品*
*I'll get one if I'm lucky
什么工作都能干*
*There is no job that we can't do
我们的时代不会远*
*It wasn't long till our roles grew
国家需要你们 女孩们*
*Your country needs you, girls
陆军海军需要你们*
*Army, navy, too, girls
我们就是二战女孩 这就是我们的事业*
*We're the World Two girls, this is our career
台面上是修理飞机*
*I'm a plane-fixing, plain-speaking
其实却是 偷♥拍♥照片 破译密♥码♥*
*Photo-taking, code-breaking
空军女兵*
*air force miss
控制雷达 驾驶货车*
*Radar-manning, lorry-driving,
天气预测 侦查外敌*
*weather-guessing, foreign-spying
无所不行*
*I do all this
男人打仗去外边 我在家种田*
*I took the role of land girl while our men fight far away
后方耕作真勤劳 撑起半边天*
*Farming on the home front helping save the day
种植作物养家禽 劳动真累人*
*Tending crops and animals, manual labour hurts
农活制♥服♥好难受 衬衣粗又紧*
*In the field, my uniform's this scratchy tie and shirt
二战结束的时候*
*When World War Two is over though
骄傲自豪在心头*
*We'll be proud 'cause we will know
多亏女孩做贡献*
*Thanks to us is true, girls
保家卫国救世界*
*Came to the rescue, girls
我们是二战女孩*
*We're the World War Two girls
见证女孩的力量*
*Original girl power
夸张故事 残暴行为*
*Tall tales, atrocious acts
我们有最吓人的真♥相♥*
*We gave you all the fearsome facts
真♥相♥丑陋 不加修饰*
*The ugly truth, no glam or glitz
想与我一起穿梭时光下水道吗
Want to travel through the time sewers with me?
那就玩"糟糕历史寻宝游戏"吧
Then play Horrible Histories Terrible Treasures.
请登陆CBBC官网 点击"糟糕历史"
Go to the CBBC website and click on Horrible Histories.
历史不再是个谜*
*The past is no longer a mystery.
但愿你喜欢 糟糕历史*
*Hope you enjoyed Horrible Histories
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表