It's true.
卓越美♥利♥坚♥
著名的西部小马快递设立于1860年
The famous Wild West Pony Express was set up in 1860
负责将信件从美国一端送到另一端
to carry mail from one side of America to the other.
但好景不长
But it didn't last long.
1861年10月
你好 比尔
Howdy, Bill.
哎呀 你好 吉姆
Why. Howdy, Jim.
我来了 准时出现
Here I am, bang on schedule.
不过我又中埋伏了
Although I did run into an ambush again
而且有一天晚上我是冒着暴风雨前进的
and I had to ride all through the night in a storm
我的马又因为响尾蛇受惊了
and the horse got spooked by a rattlesnake,
它发起狂来把我抛向了仙人掌
reared up and threw me into a cactus.
就好像为了给你送封信
As if my butt wasn't sore enough,
我连续骑了20小时马
having to spend 20 hours in the saddle
屁♥股♥还不够痛似的
to deliver a mail to you.
比尔 这是给你的
This is for you, Bill.
多谢你了 吉姆
Why, thank you kindly, jim.
我把这事儿给忘了
I forgot about that.
信上说横穿美国的电报线路网
It says here they finished the telegraph line
已经完工了
running across the whole of America.
也就是说
So all I have to do
我只要连上这个电报机
is connect up this here telegraph machine
我就会收到消息了
and I should start receiving messages.
瞧瞧 真管用
Look at that. It works!
比尔 你知道 要想把你的信息
Now Bill, you know there ain't nothing that can get your messages
从东岸发送到西岸
from the East Coast to the West Coast
没有比小马快递更快捷的了
faster than the Pony Express.
只要花十天
It only takes us 10 days!
电报只要花十秒
A telegraph only takes 10 seconds.
我已经收到我第一份信息了
I've got my first message.
上面说"小马快递已经倒闭了 句号♥"
It says, "Pony Express out of business, stop.
"让邮递员找份新工作 句号♥"
"Tell rider to get another job, stop."
好吧 这真是让人如坐针毡
Well, that is just a pain in the butt!
这话真没说错
And so is that.
等等 我有老虎钳
One second. I got me some pliers.
没错 小马快递员们
That's right. The Pony Express Riders' careers
只干了一年多就失业了
were finished in just over a year.
和大多数《X音素》的冠军挺像的
Much like most x-factor winners.
[英国选秀节目]
话说回来 他们能活着讲出这个故事
Still, they were lucky if they lived
已经算是幸运的了
to tell the tale
因为荒蛮的西部的确
because the wild west sure
充斥着危险人物
was full of dangerous characters.
不过千万别尽信历史书
But don't believe everything you read about them.
很多历史事件其实就是个谜*
*Lots of things in history are actually a mystery
真♥相♥不总是在你读的书本里*
*The truth's not always in the books you read
事实会被扭曲甚至会被错报*
*Facts can get distorted or even misreported
试想一切扯上我*
*Imagine if that was all down to me
克里夫·怀特赖[善意的谎言]*
*Cliff White-lie.
-是怀特利 -抱歉
- It's Whiteley! - Sorry.
不不 你弄反了 兄弟
Nah, nah, you got it the wrong way round, mate.
沃尔特·雷利爵士是个探险家
Sir Walter Raleigh's the explorer.
蒙特卡罗拉力赛是个车赛
The Monte Carlo Rally is the car race.
没错 是挺容易弄错的
Yeah. Easy mistake to make.
-搞定 -克里夫
- Wallop! - Cliff?
怀亚特·厄普和比利小子
I've got Wyatt Earp and Billy the Kid
在接待处等你
in reception for you.
我这才刚把天花板修好
Oh! I've only just had the ceiling done.
好吧 让他们进来吧
Alright, send them in.
真带劲
Alright!
苏珊 你能再约一下那个泥瓦匠
Susan, can you rebook the plasterer
让他下周三过来吗 谢谢
for next wednesday? Thank you, love.
厄普先生 小子先生 有什么问题吗
Mr Earp, Mr the Kid. What seems to be the problem?
我们就想重谢你一次
We'd just like to give you a big thank you.
人们都相信怀亚特·厄普和比利小子
People believe Wyatt Earp and Billy the kid
是货真价实的西部英雄了
are genuine wild west heroes.
你们不用谢我的 小伙子们
You don't need to thank me, lads.
所有的事例都是我从你们给我的
I've got all the facts from these books
这两本书里找出来的
what you gave me.
真有这本书
所有枪战和抢劫都是你俩干的
It was you fellas did all the gun fighting and holdups.
才不是呢 先生
No, no, no, sir.
我们根本没有做那种事
We did not do any of that stuff.
你刚说什么
Beg your pardon?
都是我编的
It's all us. I made it up.
-什么 -那些说我当了警长
- What? - That stuff about me bein' a sheriff
还把法律和秩序带到西部的事情
and bringin' law and order to the wild west?
见鬼 其实我不过是个兼♥职♥警♥察♥
Heck, I was just a part-time policeman
还因为偷马被开除了
who got fired for stealin' horses.
真的
我还以为你是个英雄
But I thought you was a hero.
那农场大决斗呢
What about the Gunfight at the O.K. Corral?
那次枪战只是我们合伙的
That gunfight was just an argument
一次抢劫引发了口角而已
about a robbery we all did together.
那都算不上一场枪战
It wasn't much of a gunfight.
因为他们那边大多数人就没有枪
Most of their sides didn't have guns! oh, yeah!
真的
不 不行 这是天花板
No! No! This is a ceiling!
我希望你的书能真实一点
I hope your book's a bit more authentic.
先生 我书里可没有
Sir? There is nothing authentic
一丝一毫的真♥相♥
about my book in the least.
但这本书叫作《比利小子的真实生活》
But it's called, the Authentic Life of Billy the Kid.
这是杀了我的那个人写的
It was written by the man who killed me.
我想他是想夸大他自个儿的形象
I think he wanted to big himself up.
总不能一点真事都没有吧 我们来看看
He must've got some things right. Let's have a look.
"真名 威廉·邦尼
"Real name, William Bonney.
到21岁时已经杀了21个人
Killed 21 men by the age of 21.
因其英俊的脸蛋而闻名"
Renowned for his handsome face."
好吧 我是长得挺帅的
Well, I am kinda handsome.
那其他的呢
And the rest?
我的真名叫亨利·迈卡蒂
My real name is Henry McCarty.
我第一次杀人是在18岁 不是12岁
I killed my first man at 18, not 12.
而且还说什么21岁以前杀了21个人
And 21 murders before I was 21?
我这辈子就杀过8个人
I only killed eight people my whole entire life.
都是真的
这么说 你们都是假的吗
Honestly! So, you're both fakes?
当人们需要的时候
Where's a real wild west legend
真正的西部传奇又在哪里呢
when you need one, eh?
珀尔·哈特听候您的吩咐
Pearl Hart at your service.
好吧 你们再射屋顶我就要罚款了
Right. I'm gonna start charging for the ceiling.
我可是货真价实的 从寄宿学校逃跑
I'm the real deal. Ran away from boarding school,
剪了头发 女扮男装
cut my hair, dressed like a man,
抢了一辆马车
held up a stagecoach.
执法者们为了逮捕我历经恶战
Lawmen had to fight hard to take me,
但是没有监狱能困住珀尔
But not even a prison cell could hold down Pearl.
我破墙而出
I busted my way through the wall
直奔自♥由♥
and straight to freedom.
这些都是真的
你知道我楼上是间办公室吧
You do know there's an office above me?
我♥干♥这些事从来没有杀过人
And I did all that without killin' a soul.
你来拨乱反正
How about you set the record straight
把这些废物骗子们都从历史上抹去怎么样
And wipe these no-good fakers straight from history?
乐意之至 不过这要花上我好多年时间
I'd love to. That sort of thing could take me years.
不错 这样就行了
Yep. That should do it.
搞定
Wallop!
夸张故事 残暴行为*
*Tall tales, atrocious acts
我们有最吓人的真♥相♥*
*We gave you all the fearsome facts...
想和我一起穿越时间的下水道吗
Want to travel through the time sewers with me?
那就来玩糟糕历史恐怖宝藏吧
Ha! Then play Horrible Histories Terrible Treasures.
登陆CBBC网站 点击糟糕历史
Go to the CBBC website and click on horrible histories.
但愿你喜欢糟糕历史*
*Hope you enjoyed horrible histories.
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表