你胃里有没有两足绦虫
Do you have a two-foot tapeworm living in your stomach?
你只需要购买♥♥这个 最管用的绦虫陷阱
Then, what you need is this, most excellent tapeworm trap.
真实的维多利亚时代治疗方法
就像钓鱼一样
It's just like fishing,
不过虫子不是诱饵 而是猎物
only the worms aren't the bait, they're the catch.
有一次我钓到一条这么长的呢
I once caught a tapeworm this long.
只需把食物装到陷阱里
You simply load the food into the trap
然后绦虫就上钩了
and hey presto! Away we go.
现在 我来做个示范
Now, how about a demonstration?
这位先生
Uh, you, sir.
看上去你好像有绦虫的毛病
You look like you have a tapeworm.
对 我还真有
Well, yes, I does.
只要张大嘴
Then simply open wide,
放进绦虫陷阱 像这样
in with the tapeworm trap, like so.
请勿在家模仿
-他死了 -他被你那愚蠢的陷阱噎死了
- He's dead! - He's choked on your stupid trap.
对 但现在他死了 就不能吃东西了
Yes, but now he's dead, he can't eat,
它确实噎死过人
没有食物 绦虫就会死
and without food, the tapeworm will die.
-所以陷阱是有用的 -他被治好了
- So the trap works? - He's cured.
-太好了 我要一个 -我也要
- Oh, well, I'll take one. - Me, too!
蠢死
太好了 跟我来
Excellent. Come!
在维多利亚时代 看医生需要钱
In Victorian times, going to the doctor cost money,
所以人们喜爱用偏方治疗
so people were keen on home cures.
他们是怎么治疗耳朵疼的
What was the remedy for ear ache?
A 在头上戴一个烤土豆
Was it A, strapping a baked potato to your head.
B 往耳朵里倒热油
B, pouring warm oil into your ear.
C 饮用兑蜂蜜的朗姆酒
Or C, drinking rum mixed with honey.
答案是A
The answer is A.
他们会用围巾把土豆绑在头上
The hot potato would be tied to your head with a scarf
保持靠近耳朵
so that it stayed next to your ear.
在维多利亚时代
In Victorian times,
人们确实有些奇怪的保健之术
people really did have some very odd ideas about how to stay healthy.
大家好 你们是不是已经厌倦了
Greetings! Are you fed up with
肮脏 发臭的维多利亚时期的水
vile, stinking Victorian water?
它是不是令你作呕
Does it make you feel really sick?
维多利亚时代的水非常非常脏
为什么不试试健康新选择
Then why not try the new healthy alternative,
维多利亚啤酒
Victorian Beer!
警告
含有酒精
警告
含有酒精
警告
含有酒精
警告
含有酒精
我感觉好多了
There, I feel better already.
让我们有请约翰·斯♥诺♥医生继续介绍
Here's Dr John Snow to tell us more.
大家好 我是约翰·斯♥诺♥医生
Hello, I'm Dr John Snow.
约翰·斯♥诺♥医生
我已经证实维多利亚时代的水源充满细菌
I've proved that the Victorian water supply is full of germs
并在全英国传播霍乱
and is spreading cholera throughout Britain.
在我们清理完水源供给前
It's vitally important that nobody drinks the water,
不喝这种水至关重要
not until we've cleaned up the supply.
所以约翰·斯♥诺♥医生只喝维多利亚啤酒
And that's why Dr John Snow drinks Victorian Beer.
不 我从不喝酒
No, I don't touch the stuff.
我不认同这种行为 出于信仰原因
I don't agree with it, on religious grounds.
是吗
Really?
维多利亚啤酒由全天然原料制成
Victorian Beer is made with all-natural ingredients,
比如大麦 酵母和啤酒花
like barley, yeast and hops,
重要的是 它富含维生素
and what's more, it's packed with vitamins. Mmm.
弗洛伦斯·哥特斯耐普太太
它喝起来比水健康多了
It tastes much healthier than water
而且没被那些恶心的小东西污染
and it's not infected with all those nasty little diseasy thingies.
能再给我来一杯吗
Can I have another one, please?
好好工作 好好玩乐 好好喝酒
Work hard, play hard, drink hard
然后倒地不起
and fall over hard.
警告 啤酒含有的酒精会影响说话能力
Warning, beer contains alcohol which will impair your ability to speak
甚至站立的能力
or even stand up.
那不是真的 那
That's not true. That's...
饮用过度可能致命
And can also be fatal if you drink too much.
我爱你 伙计
I love you, man.
绝妙古希腊
糟糕历史电视台
体育大看台
欢迎回到《体育大看台》
Welcome back to HH TV Sport,
今天我们将给您带来希腊神话时期的
today bringing you exclusive live sporting events
体育赛事独家直播
from the time of the Greek legends.
我们在特洛伊战争的决战现场
We're at the Trojan Wars for the big fight.
特洛伊王子帕里斯对战希腊首领墨涅拉俄斯
Paris, Prince of Troy, versus the Greek leader, Menelaus.
请看我台前方记者的解说
So let's join our on-the-spot commentary team.
我目前站在特洛伊的城墙外
You join me outside the walls of Troy.
■
糟糕体育
■
糟糕体育
大决战 墨涅拉俄斯挑战帕里斯 细节由希腊诗人荷马提供
我身边这位就是挑战者
I'm here with the challenger.
墨涅拉俄斯 你看来很轻松
You seem pretty relaxed, Menelaus.
你对今天的决战有信心吗
Um, are you confident about today?
我一定能够主宰战场 是不是
I is gonna reign supreme, innit?
你为什么这么自信呢
How can you be so confident?
■
糟糕体育
因为我不会出马 我要派出我手下阿喀琉斯
'Cause I ain't doing the fighting. I tagged my man Achilles here.
他刀枪不入 酷毙了有没有
He's immortal. Wicked, isn't it?
你就没想过结果可能出乎意料吗
Don't you think there could be an upset at all?
你根本没听我说话 你个穿法兰绒的
You ain't listening to me, you flannel,
自从被他妈浸到冥河里后
my man Achilles was made immortal
我朋友阿喀琉斯就刀枪不入
when his mum dunked him in the River of the Dead,
没人杀得了他
he cannot be killed.
-我们一定大获全胜 -老大
- We're gonna rip it up... - Uh, boss,
-我并不是全身都刀枪不入 -嘘
- I'm not completely immortal. - Shh.
我妈当时捏着我的脚跟呢
Mum was holding me by the heel when she dunked me,
所以那一块并不像其他地方一样刀枪不入
so that bit's not quite as immortal as the rest of me.
你刚刚把弱点告诉了电视台的人 干得好
You just told the man from the telly about your weak spot. Nice one!
如你所见 希腊阵营信心十足
So there you have it. Enormous confidence from the Greek camp.
我们到另一边看看
Let's go over and see
特洛伊城墙背后的对方阵营准备得如何
how things are looking in the opposition camp behind the walls of Troy.
交给你 盖里
Gary.
谢谢约翰 那帕里斯 期待接下来的大战吗
Cheers, John. So, Paris, looking forward to the big fight?
才不呢 伙计 我吓尿了 他刀枪不入
No way, man. I is scared, yeah? He is immortal.
你能理解吗 你去吧 吓尿了 你快去
Do you understand me? You do it, man. I is so scared. You do it.
看在上帝的份上
For goodness sake!
看来他的哥哥赫克托尔
So, uh, looks like his warrior brother Hector
将代他出战 激动人心
is going to have to stand in for him. Excitement!
这是赫克托尔 来自特洛伊的男孩
So it's Hector, the boy from Troy,
对阵神的挚爱
versus the gods' favourite,
刀枪不入的阿喀琉斯 希腊英雄
the immortal Achilles, the Greek hero.
盖里 你觉得谁会赢呢
Who do you think's going to win this one, Gary?
阿喀琉斯 他可是刀枪不入
Uh, Achilles, he's immortal.
有道理
Fair enough.
决战要开始了
And the big fight is up.
什么情况 赫克托尔逃了 阿喀琉斯在追他
But what's this? Hector's running away, with Achilles in pursuit.
绕城跑了一圈
That's once round the city,
两圈 三圈了 盖里
twice, three times round the city, Gary.
赫克托尔攻击得真好
Well, great attack from Hector there,
但没什么意义 毕竟阿喀琉斯
but kind of pointless because Achilles is,
要是你之前听过请打断我 刀枪不入
and stop me if you've heard this before, immortal.
显然赫克托并非如此...
Oh, and, uh, clearly Hector isn't, uh...
比赛结束了
Yeah, it's game over.
墨涅拉俄斯对比赛结果十分满意
And Menelaus clearly thrilled with the result there... Ooh!
怎么回事 帕里斯站在城墙之上
But what's this? Paris is up on the ramparts
手里还拿着弓箭 他射出了一箭 命中了
with a bow and arrow and he shoots, he scores!
帕里斯这一箭射得漂亮
And that's a fantastic shot from Paris
[英文中用"阿喀琉斯之踵"指"死穴
谁能想到阿喀琉斯的阿喀琉斯之踵
and who'd have thought that Achilles' Achilles heel
就是他的阿克琉斯之踵呢
would be his Achilles heel?
仔细想想就知道啦
Kind of obvious when you think about it.
画面交回演播室
Back to the studio.
"阿克琉斯之踵"这条谚语
We get the expression "Your Achilles heel"
剧集 | 糟糕历史(2009) | 导航列表