对,他向指挥官撒谎
Yeah. He lied to his commanding officer.
那个指挥官还是他嫂嫂
Who also happened to be his sister-in-law.
但他从那些错误中学到教训了
But he's learned from those mistakes,
那才是最重要的,对吧?大队长
and that's what matters, isn't it, Chief?
他因此成为更好的人了
And he's a better man for it.
但他仍然以迅雷不及掩耳的速度
And yet he still managed to flush himself out of Firehouse 20
让自己离开20分局了
in record time.
那件事很复杂
That's a complicated situation.
复杂
Complicated.
今天每个人都在讲这两个字
Everyone's been saying that word today.
你我都知道如果Damon不是你弟弟
You and I both know we wouldn't even be having this conversation
我们根本不会有这段对话
if Damon wasn't your brother.
我知道如果Damon不是好消防员
And I know we definitely wouldn't be having this conversation
我们绝不会谈这些,但他是
if Damon wasn't a solid firefighter. But he is.
而且他很渴望证明自己的能力
And he's dying to prove himself.
再说,届时他会听命于Herrmann
And he'd be working under Herrmann
他会因此成为更好的消防员
and he'd be a better firefighter because of it.
没办法,副队长
Can't do it, Lieutenant.
我不能冒再次让一切出乱子的险
I can't risk everything going sideways again.
我需要给消防小队找个新人
I need a fresh face on Engine.
我俩都知道他不该做浮动人力
We both know that he doesn't deserve to be in the floater pool, Chief.
我要走了,要去市区开场重要会议
I gotta go. I got an important meeting downtown.
本办公室每个成员都很看重此案
This is of the utmost importance to every member of this office.
我能向你保证
And I can assure you,
我们投入了所有的调查人力
we threw every investigative resource at this,
追查所有线索
left no stone unturned.
我亲自审阅过最终事故报告
I personally reviewed the final accident report
非常仔细地审阅
with a fine-tooth comb.
能直接说重点吗
Could we just cut to the chase?
我们不会控告Robert Franklin
We won't be filing any charges against Robert Franklin,
另一位司机
the other driver.
我知道这不是你想听到的结果
I know this wasn't what you wanted to hear, Chief,
但Franklin先生有完美的驾驶纪录
but Mister Franklin has a spotless driving record.
他自愿验血、验尿和毛囊
He voluntarily submitted blood, urine, and hair follicle samples
所有毒检都呈阴性
and the toxicology was negative across the board.
有六位目击证人
We have half a dozen eyewitnesses,
交通部的号♥志诊断
and 'D.O.T.'s' signal diagnostics
也证实交通号♥志灯故障了
confirming the traffic signal malfunctioned.
-当时一直闪黄灯 -没错
-It was blinking yellow. -Exactly.
所以两辆车才会同时开到…
Which explains why both cars entered the intersection
-十字路口 -闪黄灯表示谨慎前行
-at the same... -Yellow means proceed with caution.
而非高速开过十字路口
It doesn't mean blow through the intersection like a bat out of hell.
-我们没有证据显示他…-明明有
-We have no evidence he... -Yes, we do!
我了解…我了解我太太
I know...I know my wife!
Monica是个谨慎的司机,那是事实
Monica was a careful driver, a defensive driver. That's a fact.
我知道她开过十字路口时会很谨慎
I know she would've proceeded with caution.
这表示另一位司机开得太快了
Which means the other driver was driving just too damn fast!
我们无法得知实际情况
We just don't know.
我们不知道他…
We don't know he was...
别跟我说我们不知道
Don't tell me we don't know!
我了解我太太
I know my wife!
我很遗憾,大队长
I'm so sorry, Chief.
发生那样的事很可怕
It's a terrible thing, what happened.
我无法想象…
I can't begin to imagine...
但那不是任何人的错
but it wasn't anyone's fault.
那只是一场意外
It was just an accident.
一场悲惨又可怕的意外
A tragic, horrific accident.
是你害死我太太的
You're the man who killed my wife.
什么也别说,Robert
Don't say a word, Robert.
你害死我太太
Hey! You killed my wife!
我不会让你逍遥法外的
You're not going to get away with it!
你订好Billy牛扒馆的餐了吗
Hey, did you get the Billy's Beef sorted?
Cruz要送餐去大队长家
Cruz is having some meals sent to the Chief's house.
-那是个好主意 -对,太好了
-Oh, hey, now there's a good idea. -Yeah. Too good.
送货司机打给我
The delivery driver called me
说他家前门廊已经堆满食物了
and said that his front porch is already stacked with meals.
他真的找不到地方放我送的
He literally couldn't find a place for mine.
你表达心意了,那才是重点
You showed up for him, that's the point.
不,重点是要被认可
No, the point is to get credit for it!
不对,等等…我不是那个意思
No, wait...that came out wrong.
我的意思是…
What I meant was...
如果对方不知道你做了什么
How are you supposed to show up for someone
你要怎么表达心意
if they don't know you did?
也许我们能以团体的身份做点什么
Well, maybe we can do something as a group?
通常我会建议送花去葬礼
Well, normally I'd suggest sending flowers to the funeral.
那些资讯要从大队长口中得知
That's info we'd have to get from the Chief.
而他不想要我们问他这些事
Which he doesn't want us bringing it up with him.
他特别挑明说了
He specifically said that.
如果我们要脑力激荡
Well, if we're throwing out ideas,
我生日收到一份很棒的国际象棋组
I got a great chess set for my birthday.
你想送双人游戏给鳏夫?
You want to give a 2-person game to a widower?
我会陪他玩
I'll play with him.
你不觉得那个人经历够多事了吗
Don't you think the man's been through enough already?
不断想理解这件事怎么会发生
The search to understand how and why this could have happened.
淹没了你
It takes over.
吞噬了你
Swallows you up.
你知道你要做点什么
You know you have to do something.
于是你想出了计划
So, you make a plan.
我不知道
I don't know...
也许现在跟大队长提还太早了
maybe it was too soon to bring it up with the chief.
我要立刻找人加入消防小队
Well, I need somebody on Engine ASAP
而Damon…他符合条件
and Damon...he fits the bill.
他太优秀了,不该做浮动人力
He's too good to get stuck in the floater pool.
如果他做太久的浮动人力
And if he's there too long,
可能会让他的名声再受打击
his reputation could take another hit...
-或是被否定 -对
-or he gets blackballed. -Yep.
抱歉打扰你们
Sorry to interrupt,
但大队长有份任务派给所有小队…
but the chief has an assignment for all the rigs...
他想要我们跟着他的车
wants us to follow him in his buggy.
跟他去哪里
Follow him where?
我认为…
I believe...
我们要去Monica的事故现场
we're going to the scene of Monica's accident.
感觉就像你想把拼图重新拼起来
It's like you're trying to put a puzzle back together...
一个你曾拼过的拼图
one you've done before...
但突然间所有图片都无法拼在一起
but suddenly none of the pieces fit...
好,来吧…
All right, let's go...
快点开始
Come on, let's get started.
根据事故报告
As far as I can tell from the reports,
你们抵达时,Monica的车在这里
this is about where Monica's car was when you arrived.
正确吗
Is that correct?
是的,大队长
Yeah, Chief.
消防车抵达时是什么情况
And what was happening when Engine arrived?
我们跟在抢救队后面,立刻行动
We rolled up behind Squad and we jumped right in,
试着协助阻挡东西向的车流
trying to help block the flow East-West traffic...
-对 -东哈里森街上的车流
-Yeah. -on east Harrison.
救护车和云梯小队已经抵达现场了
And Ambo and Truck were already on scene,
所以我和我的人手…
so me and my guys...
我们专心准备面对任何闪燃可能
we focused on prepping for any flare-ups
抢救队和云梯小队负责救助受害者
while Squad and Truck they were handling the victims.
你跟我说说当时情况吧,副队长
Why don't you talk me through it, Lieutenant.
抢救队从北方抵达,看到两辆车
Squad approached from the north, we saw the 2 vehicles.
Monica的车头朝西
Monica's was here facing west.
休旅车停在大约一尺…
The SUV came to rest approximately a foot...
-一尺半 -休旅车停在这里?
-a foot and a half... -An SUV came to rest here?
你怎么得出这个结论的?副队长
How'd you come to that conclusion, Lieutenant?
我不明白你的意思,大队长
Not following, Chief.
你怎么知道那辆休旅车没往前开
Well, how do you know the SUV didn't roll forward
缩小了与房♥车的缝隙
and close the gap to the sedan
就在车祸发生后及你们抵达前
after the collision and before you arrived?
你不可能肯定吧
You can't really know, can you?
剧集 | 芝加哥烈焰 | 导航列表