Detective, I know, uh, you have to do your thing.
探长 我知道 你必须秉公执法
Uh, I'm just hoping,
我只是希望
Uh, since we are airing the pageant live this Friday,
因为本周五我们将会直播本次选美
if we could minimize the press, you know,
如果能减少媒体曝光度 你明白的
to be fair to the other girls.
对其他女孩们公平一些
We're gonna have to be fair to our victim first.
我们会先为受害人寻求公平
And speaking of press, could we get rid of the cameras?
说到媒体 可以把摄像头都关了吗
This is, after all, a murder investigation,
这 毕竟是一起谋杀案的调查
not a reality show.
而不是真人秀
We, um, we film everything...
我们 我们录下选美幕后
behind the scenes at the pageant.
所有的场景
We like to catch the girls talking about each other,
我们希望捕捉到女孩们对彼此的看法
let them confess their hopes and fears.
让她们畅谈心中的希望和恐惧
You get the glamour, but you also get the underbelly.
明星光环头顶绕 幕后斗争不能少
People love the underbelly. Yes, they do.
观众们最爱看幕后"花絮"了 没错
But maybe this isn't the time.
或许现在该停止拍摄才对
So were all the girls staying at the hotel?
那么所有的女孩都住在酒店吗
That's right. Okay, I'll need access to Amber's room.
是这样的 好的 我需要去安波儿的房♥间看看
We'll also need hotel security tapes.
我们还需要酒店的监控录像带
Now were those cameras recording last night's dinner?
那些摄像机都录下昨天的晚宴了吗
Of course.
当然
Okay, we'll need the footage.
我们需要录影带
We'll also need to interview all of the pageant contestants.
还需要询问本次选美的所有参赛者
I'll have Candace give you anything you need.
我会让坎迪丝满足你们的一切所需
Great. Thank you very much.
很好 非常感谢您
It was nice to meet you. Come again.
很高兴见到你 欢迎下次再来
Oh, no, we don't--
不 我们不要
We don't want them to come again.
我们不想他们再来了
Small-town girl comes to New York for the fairy tale,
小镇姑娘为了童话故事来到纽约
ends up with the horror story.
却以恐怖故事结尾
Pageants aren't fairy tales.
选美不是童话故事
They're demanding, high-pressure competitions
而是一项高要求 高压力的比赛
that bring out the very best and the very worst in people.
将人性中最闪亮的和最黑暗的特质都发掘出来
That is the voice of experience.
听起来真是经验之谈啊
Oh, my god. You were a beauty queen.
我的天 你是选美皇后
No. I had a roommate freshman year--Debbie Winokur.
不是 大一时我有个舍友叫黛比·文妮科
It was like living with Elle Woods on steroids.
就像是和服用类固醇的艾丽·伍兹生活在一起
Well, then...
那么...
This ought to bring back some memories.
这场景应该会唤起不少回忆吧
You're slouching. Winners never slouch.
你太没精打采了 冠军永远不会没精打采的
Castle, they're everywhere.
卡塞尔 到处都是
Smells like a perfume counter at a department store.
闻起来就像百货公♥司♥里的香水柜台
Beats the usual lowlifes and nut jobs.
比平常办案遇到的无赖疯子等劲爆多了
I don't know if you can say
不知道你是否可以改正偏见
that nut jobs and beauty queens are mutually exclusive.
疯子和选美皇后是完全不搭边的
Yeah, but none of 'em connect to the murder.
是的 但是她们都与谋杀案无关
I checked the sequin against all their dresses...
我检查了她们衣服上的小亮片
I bet you did.
趁机揩油了吧
And none of 'em are a match.
没有相匹配的
Okay, look at the footage from the dinner.
好吧 看一下晚宴的录像
Let's make sure that the dresses we checked
确认一下 我们检查的衣服
are the ones they actually wore.
确实是她们昨天穿的
Watch a parade of beautiful women in evening attire?
观看美女们穿着晚礼服走动吗
Yeah, I can do that.
好 交给我吧
I bet you can.
那是当然
Hey, so I've been interviewing these ladies...
嘿 我将这些女孩们都询问了一遍
I bet you did.
那是当然
About their alibis last night.
有关她们昨晚的不在场证明
Anyway, there's someone that you should talk to.
总之 有个人你们应该去和她谈谈
so tell 'em
告诉他们
what you told me about what happened after dinner.
你刚刚告诉我的晚宴后发生的事情
When we got back to the hotel,
当我们回到酒店
I wanted to go work out a couple of my dance moves.
我想要练习一组舞蹈动作
I'm one of the semifinalists, so I get to perform in the broadcast.
我是半决赛选手之一 所以我在节目中有表演项目
Congratulations.
祝贺你
Thanks. I'm doing an interpretive dance
谢谢 我准备用舞蹈诠释
to Jlo's "I'm into you."
詹妮弗·洛佩慈的歌♥曲《我喜欢你》
And then what happened?
然后发生了什么
I changed into sweats and went to the stage,
我换了运动服 来到了舞台
and that's when I heard it.
然后我就听到了
You heard what?
听到什么了
Uh, a fight.
吵架
It was coming from the dressing room.
是从更衣室传来的
It was Amber and some guy.
是安波儿和一个男人
Did you see the guy? The door was closed.
你看到是谁了吗 门是关着的
It started getting loud, so I bolted.
声音越来越大 所以我就锁了门
But now I wish I had done something.
但现在我希望我当时能做点什么
I mean... Maybe he's the one who killed her.
也许他就是杀她的凶手
His voice, did you recognize it?
他的声音 你能听出是谁吗
No.
不能
What were they arguing about?
他们在吵什么
"How could you do this to me? You have no right.
"你怎么可以这样对我 你没权力
Who do you think you are?" Stuff like that.
你以为你是谁" 这一类的
It kinda sounded like he was her boyfriend.
听起来他有点像是她男朋友
So that was Amber's dad.
刚刚是安波儿的爸爸
He said he didn't know anything about a boyfriend.
他说他不知道女儿有交男朋友
Neither did any of the other girls.
其他女孩也表示不知情
Maybe she was keeping it a secret.
也许她进行的是地下恋情
He said, if anyone knew what was going on in Amber's life,
他说 只有一个人知道安波儿的私生活情况
it was, uh, Justin Hankel, Amber's pageant consultant.
就是贾斯汀·汉克尔 安波儿的选美顾问
I coached her on her routine, interviews,
我安排她的日常生活 采访
oversaw stylists, makeup, clothing, violin lessons,
监督她的造型 化妆 衣服 小提琴课
glamour shots-- everything she needed to win.
魅力展示 赢得比赛所需的一切努力
The two of you must have spent a lot of time together.
你们俩一定有很多时间在一起
Well, that's what it takes.
那是必须的
Today's pageants are not just about beauty.
现在的选美不仅仅是漂亮就行的
They're about brains, talent, social issues.
更关乎头脑 才艺 社交能力
and what, with the money and the exposure at stake,
一旦当选 奖金和媒体曝光度 实在诱惑
Winning one of the majors can launch a career.
赢得任意一项就可以开启成功的事业
What about a boyfriend? Was she in a relationship?
那男朋友呢 她恋爱了吗
No boyfriends. That is a rule for my clients,
没有男朋友 这是我对客户的要求之一
And Amber was no exception.
安波儿也不例外
She knew that she needed to focus 100% of her energy on the pageant.
她知道她必须要把精力全部用在选美上
You know, the night that she died, she got into an argument.
你知道吗 她死的那晚 和别人吵了一架
Any idea with who?
知道和谁吗
No. The last time I saw her was before her dinner.
不 我最后见到她是在晚宴前
But like I told that other detective,
但是正如我对另外那名警官所说
something was going on.
肯定有什么事
How so?
何出此言
She'd been off the last couple of days, upset.
她最近几天都不在状态 心烦意乱
And I went to pick her up for a costume fitting,
我接她去试衣服的时候
and it looked like she had been crying.
她看起来好像刚刚哭过
Did you ask why?
你有没有问她为什么
She said that someone was trying to take advantage of her.
她说有人想占她便宜
I asked her who, but she said she would handle it.
我问了是谁 但是她说她会处理好的
It j--it wasn't like her not to confide in me.
不对我说实话 这点不像她
Could it have been one of the other contestants?
会不会是其他的参赛者
There's a lot of pressure on these girls to win.
这些女孩为了赢得比赛都承受着巨大压力
And it can get really... "political" between them.
她们之间的关系也很阴暗复杂
Do you think it's possible political turned deadly?
阴暗复杂的关系有没有可能最终让她丧命呢
I don't know. Winning means fame and fortune.
我不知道 夺冠意味着获得名声和财富
No one remembers the runner-up.
没人会关注第二名
Besides, people have killed for less.
再说了 比这更弱的动机都能让人萌生杀机
That still doesn't explain who she was arguing with.
那还是没法解释她和谁吵架
Guys. I got something.
伙计们 我有线索了
One of the girls?
是其中一个女孩吗
Just watch. Ever since I was a little girl...
先看着 我还是小女孩的时候
This is from Baron's dinner last night.
这是昨晚拜伦晚宴的录像
That's our victim, Amber.
那是我们的被害人安波儿
And I just feel so very honored to be here.
我很荣幸能来到这里
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表