You didn't think it mattered
你觉得戴米安曾是某起凶杀案的
that Damian was a suspect in a previous homicide?
主要嫌疑人这件事不重要
I didn't know he was a suspect.
我不知道他是嫌疑人
And since he was never arrested,
既然他从未被逮捕
and that case is still unsolved,
而且那件案子一直没破
I'm guessing those cops have a lot of theories
我认为那些警♥察♥有很多假设
and no evidence, like another detective I could name
但却没有证据证明 就像某位现在
right about now.
站在我眼前的警官这样
You know, if this was anybody else,
如果这是别人
you'd be asking me
你一定会在问我
why I hadn't already slapped the cuffs on 'em.
为什么我还没有把他们铐起来
But it isn't anyone else.
但这不是别人
And I'm telling you,
而且我告诉你
you are way off base on this one.
在这件案子上你错得离谱了
What's going on? Mom and dad are fighting.
怎么了 老爸老妈吵架了
Who's winning?
谁占上风
We agreed that you would stay out of my way
我们协商好了你在这件案子上
on this. Yes, but I did not agree
不能干涉我 -没错 但我没同意
I would stand by and let you railroad my friend!
我会袖手旁观让你们诬陷我的朋友
Castle, you are too close to this one.
卡塞尔 这单案子你太感情用事了
You need to go home!
你必需回家
Now!
现在就回
Yeah...Thanks, Billy.
没错 谢谢你 比利
Really appreciate that.
非常感谢
Yeah, as soon as possible. Thank you.
好 我会尽快 谢谢
Okay.
好的
Let's get ahold of Philip Westlake's case file.
我们看一下菲利普·韦斯莱案子的卷宗吧
I want to find out why no arrests were made.
我想查出为什么当时逮捕他
And Vicky Westlake's ex-husband, Simon Campbell,
还有薇琪·韦斯莱的前夫西蒙·坎贝尔
let's bring him in.
把他带到局里吧
Sorry. I... I had to get outta there.
不好意思 我必须出来透透气
I keep thinking I'm gonna hear Vicky's voice
我总感觉自己会听见薇琪说话
or I'm gonna come around the corner
或者我走到拐角时
and see her curled up on the sofa.
看到她蜷缩着躺在沙发上
Listen, Damian, I'm sorry.
听着 戴米安 我很抱歉
Something's come up in the investigation.
调查中出了一点事
Your father's murder...you were a suspect.
你♥爸♥爸的谋杀案里 你是嫌疑人
Some creep broke into our house,
一些疯子闯进了我家
robbed the place, and shot my father.
洗劫一空 打死了我父亲
The cops decided on day one that it must have been me.
警♥察♥从调查第一天起就认定我是凶手
Were you there?
你当时在那吗
I was at college, 2,000 miles away.
我在两千英里外的大学里
I know you and your father didn't have
我知道你和你父亲的关系
the, uh, the best relationship.
不是太好
It only got worse after my mother passed away.
我母亲去世后关系又恶化了
And when he died, you inherited...
他死之后 你继承了
everything.
所有财产
Detective Beckett thinks, I got away with murder once,
贝克特警官认为 我曾经逃脱了一次谋杀
now I've done it again, doesn't she?
现在我又重操旧业了 对吧
Ah, Damian, you should've told me.
戴米安 你本应告诉我的
I'm not a cop. I'm your friend.
我不是警♥察♥ 我是你的朋友
That's right. You are.
没错 你是我的朋友
Remember when you first came to edgewyck?
记得你第一次来艾维克的时候吗
I remember.
我记得
I was the one that told them to give you a chance.
是我告诉他们给你一个机会
I'm looking for the same chance now.
我现在也渴望一个这样的机会
Mr. Campbell, how did you get along with your ex-wife?
坎贝尔先生 你和你前妻关系如何
Well, it was hard for a while. I was bitter.
有一阵子不大好 我那时很痛苦
Vicky left me for him, you know?
薇琪为了他离我而去 你知道吗
Mmhmm. We had a home.
嗯 我们有家庭
We had two kids going into their teens,
我们有两个进入青春期的孩子
and she fell madly in love with Damian Westlake
她却不可救药地爱上了戴米安·韦斯莱
and left me.
然后离我而去
And what did you know about him, about his past?
你了解他吗 关于他的过去
I know he doesn't work. Comes from money, I guess.
我知道他没有工作 我猜他奔着钱来的
Mmhmm. A typical spoiled child
嗯 典型的从被宠坏的小孩
that grew into a spoiled man.
成长为一个娇纵浪荡的男人
I know Vicky regretted marrying him.
我知道薇琪后悔嫁给了他
And why would you say that?
为什么你这么说
Vicky's business
薇琪的店铺
is on the ground floor of our brownstone.
在我们房♥子的一楼
I still live in the top two floors with the kids.
我依然和孩子们住在上面的两层
I would see her every day, you know, singing a little tune
我每天都能见到她 听见她哼哼小曲
or gazing fondly at some new bauble he had gotten her.
爱不释手地看着他买♥♥给她的小玩意
Then lately, there was less
没过多久她不怎么唱歌♥了
singing and more crying.
哭声却增多起来
Monday, she told me she
周一时 她告诉我
thought she had made a mistake.
她觉得自己犯了个错误
We even talked about getting back together.
我们甚至谈到了复合
What, you think it's a coincidence
难道你认为她两天后遇害
that two days later, she was dead?
是个巧合吗
Richard, I thought you went to bed hours ago.
理查德 我以为你早都睡觉了
Couldn't sleep.
我睡不着
Couldn't sleep because of your fight with Beckett
睡不着是因为你和贝克特吵了一架
or because there's a possibility
还是因为你的老朋友戴米安
Your old friend Damian may be a double murderer?
有可能是两起凶杀案的凶手
Both, and thank you for putting it so bluntly.
都有 感谢你这么直言不讳地说出来
Richard, you know...
理查德
Don't. Don't say it.
别 别说出来
I know what you're thinking,
我知道你在想什么
'cause I'm thinking it, too.
因为我也在想这个
What are the chances Damian's father and wife
戴米安的父亲和妻子都因
are both murdered in home invasions,
入室抢劫被害而他却与此毫无关系
but he had nothing to do with 'em?
这可能性能有多大
So what do you think?
那你怎么认为
I know, if he is guilty,
我只知道 如果他是有罪的
I'll need to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt.
想说服我不仅仅需要一个合理的假设
I will need solid evidence,
我得看到实实在在的证据
not just coincidence and speculation.
不仅仅靠巧合和猜测
Have you ever known Beckett
你难道见过贝克特
to settle for less than that?
仅仅满足于巧合和猜测么
No.
没有
Then I think you should face it, kiddo.
我觉得你需要面对事实 孩子
You may owe that woman an apology...
你欠那个女人一声道歉
especially if you want to stay on the case.
特别是如果你还想调查此案的话
oh, no.
哦 不
Can I give you a hand with that?
我能帮你一把吗
I got it.
我能搞定
You just...all you do...
你只要... 把那个...
Castle, I said I got it. Okay?
卡塞尔 我说过我能搞定 好吧
What are you doing here?
你来这做什么
When I told Damian
当我告诉戴米安
the best detective in New York was working his wife's case,
纽约市最好的警官负责他妻子的案子时
I meant it, and I'm...
我说的是真心话
I'm sorry to have doubted you.
我很抱歉我曾经怀疑过你的能力
If you let me back, I promise,
如果你让我回归 我保证
I will do my best to remain objective.
我会尽全力保持一个客观的态度
Well, that might be harder than you think.
这可能比你想象中要更难做到
The Westlakes' financial records.
韦斯莱家的财务报告
This is their prenuptial agreement,
这是他俩的婚前协定
and it's pretty clear that if they got divorced,
上面明确说如果他们离婚
Damian would get nothing, but with her dead,
戴米安一个子儿也得不到 但如果她死了
he inherits $10 million. Yes,
他会继承一千万美元 没错
but you're forgetting that Damian is already rich...
但你忘了戴米安已经很富有了
the money he got when his father died.
他父亲死后继承的钱
When his father was murdered,
是他父亲被谋杀后
and also, that money is gone.
而且 那笔钱也已经花完了
Last of his cash, Damian spent wooing Vicky.
戴米安用他的最后一笔现金来讨薇琪欢心了
He showered her with expensive presents...
他用昂贵的礼物将她哄的团团转
the engagement ring, a tennis bracelet, diamond earrings.
订婚戒指 手链 钻石耳环
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表