In light of the shocking circumstances
考虑到7号♥陪审员猝死
of juror number seven's death,
这一震惊的突发♥情♥况
it is my belief that this particular jury
本席相信参与本案的陪审团
is no longer capable of reaching a fair verdict.
已无法再作出公平的判决
Therefore, I have no choice but to declare a mistrial.
故本席只能无奈宣告 本次审判无效
Uh, your honor, the people intend to refile charges.
法官阁下 原告将会再度提出指控
Noted.
记录在案
Until then, Mr. Williams will be remanded.
在此之前 威廉斯将还押候审
This hearing is adjourned.
本次听证会延期举♥行♥
You call this justice, your honor?
法官阁下 这能叫正义吗
After what he did to my daughter?
他可是杀了我女儿啊
You... Monster.
你...这个禽兽
Dad! Dad, no.
爸 爸 冷静
Let's go home.
我们回家
Looks like Otis' plan is working.
看上去奥蒂斯的计划得逞了
Yeah, for now.
嗯 到目前为止
Ryan, you find anything yet?
莱恩 你查到什么了吗
Not yet. That building has a lot of cameras.
暂时没有 那幢大楼里有很多个摄像头
Even though we have a very narrow time frame, it's gonna
尽管我们要查的时间范围很小 也需要
take a couple of hours to get through all of it.
花上几个小时才能全部看完
Maybe we're wrong about the defendant.
也许我们对被告的看法是错的
Maybe we should be looking at a juror.
也许我们应该调查一下陪审员
What do you mean?
你是什么意思
Tony Muller. Juror number four.
托尼·缪勒 4号♥陪审员
He's been missing since the murder.
谋杀案发生后他就失踪了
He was a no-show for one of our interviews.
他没有来参加我们的问话
He's not answering his cell. Neighbors saw him
他也不接电♥话♥ 邻居们看到他
leave his apartment with an overnight bag.
带着一个过夜行李离开了公♥寓♥
All right, keep an eye out for him on the video.
好的 在监控录像上注意一下这个人
I already got an A.P.B.out on him. Oh, you do?
我已经对他发了全面通缉 是吗
Mmhmm. Good.
嗯 干得不错
Beckett.
贝克特
The brother of your dead juror's here.
被害陪审员的弟弟来了
I thought courtrooms were supposed to be safe.
我原以为法庭应该是很安全的
I'm so sorry, Mr. McUsic.
我很抱歉 麦丘茨克先生
We're doing everything we can to figure it out.
我们正在尽全力查明真♥相♥
But who would want to hurt Joe? Well,
但是谁会想要伤害乔呢
you know, it might not have to do with your brother.
有可能和你哥哥本身没有关系
It might have to do with the jury that he served on.
或许和他所在的陪审团有关
Did you know that he was assigned the Addison trial?
你知道他被分配到埃迪森的审判吗
No.
不知道
No. I just knew he had jury duty.
不知道 我只知道他要去做陪审员
Can you think of any reasons why your brother might have been
你能不能想到任何你哥哥偏袒
biased either toward or against the defendant?
或者是反对被告的原因吗
when he was a kid,
当我哥还是个孩子的时候
my brother had a few scrapes with the law.
他做过一些违法的事
But he cleaned his life up.
但他重新做人了
He believed in second chances.
他坚信人应该有第二次机会
That's why he ran the halfway house.
这就是为什么他要开办过渡教习所的原因
What he didn't believe in were third, fourth, fifth chances.
但他不相信什么第三 四 五次机会
He'd been out there long enough to know,
他在外面混了很长时间
some folks can't be rehabilitated.
他知道有些人就是屡教不改
Do you know if your brother
你知道你哥哥
had any problems with anyone at work?
在工作上和谁有矛盾吗
I mean, given the kinds of people that he dealt with...
鉴于和他打交道的人都是...
No. Joe had a way with folks.
没有 乔很会与人相处
He'd look out for people.
他很关照他人
You think Joe was chosen at random,
你觉得乔是被随机选中的
or do you think he was killed because of his background?
还是因为他的背景而被杀
Well, since this isn't, in fact, a Grisham novel,
事实上 由于这不是葛里逊的小说
I thought I'd keep an open mind.
我觉得我得保持一个开阔的思路
Hey, Ryan. Can you look into Joe McUsic's halfway house,
莱恩 能调查一下乔·麦丘茨克的过渡教习所吗
see if he had problems with anyone there?
看看那里是否有人与他有矛盾
I already spoke with staff.
我已经和那里的员工谈过了
They don't remember any conflicts,
他们不记得发生过冲突
but they're sending over a
但为了以防万一
list of residents in case.
他们给我发来了一份常驻人员名单
Yo. Our missing juror?
我们那位失踪的陪审员
Troopers picked him up crossing the G.W. Bridge.
州警在乔治·华盛顿大桥上发现了他
They're bringing him in now.
他们正把他带到局里来
You were leaving town in a hurry, Mr. Muller.
你出城出得很仓促啊 缪勒先生
Any reason why? Isn't it obvious?
有什么原因吗 这不明摆的事吗
I'm marked for death, man.
我死定了 老兄
Marked for death?
死定了
I didn't ask for jury duty. I was summoned.
我并没有要求当陪审员 我是被传唤的
They said show up at this time at this place.
他们说要我在此时此地出现
They failed to mention that the defendant's homeboy
但他们没告诉我被告的哥们儿
was gonna kill me. The defendant's homeboy?
会来杀我 被告的哥们儿
Yeah. This big scary black guy.
没错 是个又壮又凶的黑人
Exactly what happened, Mr. Muller?
到底发生了什么 缪勒先生
Yesterday, this guy follows me into the courthouse bathroom
昨天 这家伙尾随我到法庭的厕所里
and starts chatting me up about the trial.
然后开始和我聊关于审判的事
Did he give you his name? No, no.
他告诉你他叫什么了吗 没有
But he's going on and on about how Otis Williams is innocent
但他一直不停地说奥蒂斯·威廉斯是清白的
and how he's being railroaded by the system.
他是如何被司法体系所陷害的
And then this morning, I see the same guy
结果今早 我在被告的
on the defendant's side of the gallery
旁听席前排看到了他
in the front row, eyeballing me.
他在盯着我看
Have you ever seen him with Joe?
你以前看过他和乔在一起吗
Yes, which is why when I saw Joe bite it
见过 所以当我看到乔在我眼前
right in front of me, I knew I was next.
挂掉时 我知道我就是下一个
And why should I die?
干嘛要我去死
I was only trying to fulfill my civic responsibilities.
我只不过在努力履行我的公民义务罢了
Thank you for coming in, Mr. Muller.
谢谢你来这一趟 缪勒先生
Now do you think you'll be able to describe him
你认为你能把他的长相
to our sketch artist?
描述给我们的速描师吗
He--he's a big scary black guy.
他是个又壮又凶的黑人
It might help if you're just a little more specific.
如果你能说得再具体点就会有所帮助
Uh, okay. Uh...
好吧
Well, like I said, he's a--
就像我所说的 他是...
he's a big scary black guy
他是个又壮又凶的黑人
named Wardell Williams.
名叫沃德尔·威廉斯
The defendant's cousin.
是被告的堂弟
I didn't--I thought you didn't know who he was.
我...我以为你不知道他是谁
I didn't, but there he is.
我是不知道 不过他不就在那儿吗
Well, aare you sure? Yeah.
你确定吗 当然
Why?
为什么这么问
While you guys were in the box with Mr. Muller,
你们在审讯缪勒先生的时候
I-I found this on courthouse surveillance.
我在法庭的监控录像上发现了这个
See, that's Joe the juror at the coffee machine
看 那是陪审员乔在咖啡机旁
roughly 14 minutes before his death, right in our kill zone.
大约在他死前14分钟 正好在谋杀时间区内
Cousin Wardell. And watch this.
是堂弟沃德尔 再看这个
Looks like he makes a killer cup of Joe.
看上去他给乔了一杯死亡咖啡
Too soon?
玩笑开得太早了吗
Now y'all trying to accuse me of murder
你们就想用这种粗制滥造的
with this half-assed version of a Zapruder film?
泽普鲁德电影来指控我犯了谋杀罪吗
You and Otis were more than just cousins.
你和奥蒂斯不仅仅是堂兄弟的关系
Grew up in the same household.
在同一家庭里长大
More like brothers.
更像是亲兄弟
Yeah, me and O. tight. So what?
没错 我和奥蒂斯关系很铁 那又怎样
So it makes sense you'd do anything him,
这就说明你会为他做一切事情
including kill a juror on his murder trial.
包括杀死一位审判他谋杀案的陪审员
Man, y'all reaching.
老兄 你们太扯了
Are we?
是吗
You talked to jurors. That's jury tampering.
你和陪审员交谈过 那可是操纵陪审团
So accusing one black man of a murder he didn't commit
就是说起诉一个并没有犯罪的黑人
isn't good enough for you? Y'all trying for the daily double?
对你们来说还不满足 你们在尝试双赌法吗
Man, I talked to a gang of folks in that courthouse.
我和那个法庭里面的很多人都聊过天
How I'm supposed to know which one of them is a juror?
我怎么会知道他们中哪个人是陪审员
Well, the "Juror" badges on their shirts
他们衣服上"陪审员"的徽章
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表