that his son is being blackmailed,
他的儿子被人勒索了
and the one phone call he makes is to Dr. Colabro?
却打电♥话♥给了克拉伯医生
The only reason that that would make sense is if...
只有一个理由说得通
Dr. Colabro knew about the steroids,
克拉伯医生知道类固醇的事
maybe even supplied them.
说不定还是他提供的
I don't supply steroids to anyone.
我没向任何人提供过类固醇
Never have. Never will.
从没有 也绝不会
I've seen the long-term damage they cause.
我见过类固醇所造成的长♥期♥伤害
As far as I'm concerned, the stuff's poison.
在我看来 这玩意是毒药
And what about Brian Morris?
那布莱恩·莫里斯呢
Is he a patient of yours?
他是你的病人吗
That's confidential information.
这是保密资料
His father called you seven times in a 2-hour period on Tuesday.
他父亲星期二在两小时内给你打了七通电♥话♥
What did the two of you talk about?
你们聊了什么
That's confidential as well.
这也是保密资料
Dr. Colabro, your clientele
克拉伯医生 你的客户
is mostly high-profile athletes.
主要是知名运动员
How fast do you think they'll abandon ship
你觉得一旦他们发现你跟我们谈过
once they find out you're talking with us about steroids?
类固醇的事 会多快对你弃之不用呢
I'm guessing fast.
我猜会很快
And when they find out it's steroids and murder,
而当他们发现谈的是类固醇和谋杀
it'll jump to lightspeed.
会以光速飞奔
Murder? You think I'm mixed up in a murder?
谋杀 你觉得我卷入了谋杀吗
I think that it would be in your best interest to help us.
我觉得为了你自己考虑 最好帮助我们
Tell us what you and
告诉我们本杰明·莫里斯
Benjamin Morris talked about. And point of fact...
和你聊了什么 而事实上
Brian was your patient,
布莱恩是你的病人
but I'm guessing his father was not.
但我想他父亲不是
So confidentiality really doesn't apply.
因此不适用于保密条例
How's this?
这样如何
Hypothetically...
假设来说
Why would an overbearing father of
一个类固醇使用者的专横父亲
a steroid-using swimmer call you?
为什么会给你打电♥话♥
"Hypothetically"...
假设来说
He might have asked how long a certain banned drug
他可能是问某种违禁药
would remain detectable in someone's system.
在某人的身体里会残留多久
Worried his son would test positive.
担心他儿子的药检呈阳性
And what else might have come up?
还可能聊了什么呢
That the way an athlete can avoid testing
运动员避免药检的方法
is if he's injured and temporarily withdraws from the sport.
是他因受伤而临时退出该项运动
Hypothetically.
假设而已
Hypothetically.
假设而已
I'll get a warrant,
我去申请搜查证
check Colabro's office for steroids.
看看克拉伯的办公室里有没有类固醇
You won't find any.
不可能有
Benjamin called in to concoct a strategy
本杰明打电♥话♥来合谋对策
to protect Brian's eligibility.
以保住布莱恩的参赛资格
This is damage control not murder.
这是损害控制 不是谋杀
Well, it looks like the strategy has been put into effect.
看来这对策已付诸实施了
Brian quit the swim team, said he injured his shoulder.
布莱恩以肩膀受伤为由退出游泳队
No swim team, no drug testing.
不在游泳队 就不用药检
So I checked Lanie's report on the steroids
我把蕾妮关于类固醇的报告
against the file I got from vice.
与从缉毒组拿到的资料做了对比
They intercepted a shipment of similar steroids
发现缉毒组拦截过一批相似的类固醇
that came to New York from a lab in Romania.
是从罗马尼亚的一个实验室运往纽约的
So let's look into Brian's life,
查下布莱恩的生活圈子
see if there's any connection to Romania.
看看是否与罗马尼亚有任何联♥系♥
If we can find a connect, then hopefully
如果能找到点联♥系♥ 也许就能
we'll be able to find Zack's killer.
找到杀死扎克的凶手
Kate, you ready?
凯特 可以走了吗
Yeah. Um, let me just go get my purse.
是啊 等我去拿包
You guys are going out again tonight?
你们今晚又要出去吗
What can I say? She's a wealth of information.
我还能说什么呢 她让人灵感不断
You are lucky to have her.
有她你真幸运
Yeah. Yeah, I am.
是啊 我是幸运
Too bad about tonight, though.
但今晚还是太遗憾了
Too bad how?
怎么太遗憾
Well, it's poker night.
今晚是扑克之夜
Lehane and Connelly are in town.
雷恩和康纳利来了
I thought you might want to join us,
本想你若没其他安排的话
but if you have plans.
就跟我一起去
No way. You're-- you're inviting me
不会吧 你是在邀请我
to your mystery writers' poker night?
参加你们悬疑作家的扑克之夜吗
Well, come on. You're a mystery writer now, right?
拜托 你现在不也是个悬疑作家了吗
Yeah, but those guys are legendary. I mean, uh--
但那些人都是泰斗级的
Yeah, they are.
是啊 他们是
Ah, well. If you're unavailable...
你没空就算了
Three, two, one.
三 二 一
Well, wait, wait, wait.
等等 等等
Bingo.
成功
Hang on a second.
等我一下
Oh, yeah. They're gonna love you.
没错 他们会喜欢你的
Gentlemen. This the new guy?
先生们 这就是新来的吗
Alex Conrad,
艾利克斯·康拉德
Michael Connelly, Dennis Lehane.
迈克尔·康纳利 丹尼斯·雷恩
It's really awesome to meet you guys.
认识你们真是太棒了
I am a, uh, huge fan.
我是你们的狂热粉丝
It's not a book signing, kid. We're here to play poker.
这不是签售会 孩子 是来打牌的
Right.
对
That's Cannell's seat.
那是坎内尔的位置
That's the rule.
有个规矩
We lose a member, nobody sits there for a year.
我们失去一位成员 他的位置要空一年
Sorry.
对不起
So we were just talking about our books becoming movies.
我们刚才在聊把小说拍成电影的事
Michael had "Lincoln Lawyer,"
迈克尔有《林肯律师》
I had "Shutter Island," Ricky has "Heat Wave."
我有《禁闭岛》 里奇有《希特热浪》
So what about your book, kid?
你的呢 孩子
They gonna make it into a movie?
有要拍成电影的吗
Oh, uh, not yet.
还没有
So, Ricky, what's going on with the dead swimmer?
里奇 那个死了的游泳队员怎么样了
Treading water. Dennis, your bet.
没什么进展 丹尼斯到你了
Well, it reads like a crime of passion to me.
我觉得看起来像冲动犯罪
I bet the girlfriend did it.
我打赌是他女朋友干的
The girlfriend? You're kidding, right?
女朋友 你开玩笑的吧
You move through the girlfriend no later than page 50.
五十页之前你就得结束女友这条线
Yeah, the woman scored is like
是啊 女性犯案简直是
the oldest rodeo clown in the book.
悬疑小说里面的陈词滥调
Is he serious?
他不是说真的吧
Oh, he's "Dead Serious."
他认真的很[卡塞尔在恶搞艾利克斯的书名]
Well, you know, I just thought we were--
我只是想...
How many books have you written?
你写了多少本小说
Just the one.
就一本
And this one book made you, like, a crime-solving genius, did it?
而这本使你成为了破案天才 是吗
You know what I did after I wrote my first novel?
你知道我写完第一本小说后做了什么吗
I shut up and I wrote 23 more.
我闭上嘴 又写了23本
I can tell ya, a case like this,
我告诉你 像这种案件
guilty party is usually the guy with the biggest secret.
有罪之人通常都是秘密最大那个
You know, Dennis is right.
丹尼斯说的对
Aside from Brian, who has the most to lose
如果使用类固醇的事被曝光
if this steroid use gets out?
除了布莱恩 谁的损失最大
You know, I think I might just know.
我突然知道是谁了
This is ridiculous.
真是荒唐
I was in my apartment in faculty housing that night.
那天晚上我在教练宿舍里
You could just ask around.
你可以随便问问
We know you were in your apartment that night.
我们知道那天晚上你在房♥间里
Okay. So then why am I here?
那为什么还要我到这儿来
Do you know what this is, coach?
你知道这是什么吗 教练
Uh, yeah. Everybody in my business does.
知道 干我们这行的都知道
But nobody on my team takes that stuff.
但我队里没有任何人用这玩意
Brian Morris does. That's not true.
布莱恩·莫里斯用了 不可能
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表