I understand.
我明白
Thank you Charlie.
谢谢你 查理
You're welcome.
别客气
There's five minutes of my life I'll never get back.
我生命中的这五分钟算是一去不复返
Don't fill up,your mom's taking us out for lunch.
别吃太饱 你妈妈打算请我们吃午餐
Hey. Where have you been?
你去哪了?
I just had lunch with my mother and my stalker.
我刚和我妈还有个尾随狂吃了午饭
They spent the afternoon eating off each other's plates
她们用整个下午吃光对方盘里的食物
and discussing my fear of intimacy.
而且讨论我的亲昵恐惧症
You do have that,you know.
你得知道你确实有这个症状
Well,anyway,look,can we talk about this picture Jake drew?
我们能谈谈关于杰克画的那幅画吗?
What's to talk about?
有什么好谈的?
He's a boy.
他是个男孩
He saw a woman's ass. He liked it.
他看见了女人的屁♥股♥ 他很喜欢
Thank your lucky stars it wasn't the cable guy's ass and move on.
你还是谢天谢地他画的不是维修工的屁♥股♥从此一发不可收拾
Hey,Dad,where's Cankun?
嘿爸爸 坎康在哪里?
Cankun?
坎昆?
No,it's spelled Cankun.
不 它该拼为坎康
It's in Mexico,why?
它在墨西哥 怎么了?
We should go there for Christmas instead of Aunt Betty's.
我们应该去那里过圣诞 而不是去贝蒂姑妈家
What are you reading?
书上说了什么?
Sports Illustrated.
只是些运动插图
But it's mostly ladies in bathing suits.
但全是些泳装美女
Jake,Jake,come back here.
杰克 杰克 回来
Are you happy?
这下你高兴了吧?
I have my moments but they're becoming further apart.
我只给了他一点光 没想到他扩大成了一个太阳
Jake,sit down,sit.
杰克 坐下 坐好
Am I in trouble?
我有麻烦了?
No,no.
不 不是
It's perfectly natural for you to be interested in women's bodies.
你对女人的身体有兴趣是很自然的事
Great,I'll be in my room.
好吧 那我回房♥间去了
Wait. Let’s,let's talk a minute here.
等等 我们来谈一下
I don't mind you looking at these pictures
我不介意你看这些图片
but it's important that you know what they mean.
但重要的是你得知道这意味着什么
Ooh,I'd like to know that too,Alan.
哦 我也想知道 艾伦
Okay,first of all,real women don't look like this.
首先 现实中的女人并不是这个样子
These pictures have been retouched and airbrushed
这些照片是被润色修改过的
so that the women look like they're perfect,but they're really not.
所以她们看起来非常完美但现实中并不是这样
Uh,excuse me,
打断一下
but I met that one and she was perfect.
但我见过那个女人 她十分完美
What I'm trying to explain to Jake is
我想向杰克解释的是
that this is not what regular women look like.
那不是普通女人应该有的样子
Then why don't they use regular women?
那他们为什么不用普通女人的图片?
Because the only way regular women can sell magazines is door to door.
因为普通女人销♥售♥杂♥志♥的唯一方法是挨家挨户地推销
My point is that these women are three dimensional human beings.
我意思是说这些女人是实实在在的人
They're not just sex objects.
她们不只是性物
Which explains why this one's on all fours in the surf.
这倒是解释了为什么这位穿着四号♥泳衣冲浪
Are you quite done?
你够了吧?
No,I think you're being very unfair.
没有 我觉得你很不公平
These women worked very hard,ate very little
这些女人锻炼得那么辛苦 吃得又很少
and spent a lot of money to become sex objects.
花了很多钱才能变成性物
Those breasts alone cost ten grand.
那些胸部单算一个都得上万美元
You can buy these?
这些还可以买♥♥?
Thank you Charlie.
谢谢你查理
Some women choose to,er,
有些女人选择去 恩
to make their breasts larger uh,
把她们的胸部做大 呃
with,uh,with what's called surgical implants.
通过外科手术植入一些东西
Why?
为什么?
Uh,well,they think bigger is better.
恩 因为她们觉得越大越好
I can see that.
我也觉得是
What really matters,Jake,
真正重要的...杰克
is what's inside a person. See,that's the lesson here.
是人的内在美 这才是我说的关键
Do you get what I'm saying?
你明白了吗?
I think so.
我想我明白了
You're sure?
你确定?
There's nothing to be embarrassed about,
没有什么好尴尬的
I mean,do you have any questions?
我是说 你还有什么疑惑吗?
Just one.
只有一个
Fire away.
说出来
Can I have my magazine back?
我能把杂♥志♥要回来吗?
Congratulations,Alan.
恭喜你 艾伦
You've managed to take the fun out of boobs.
你已经成功地让女人的胸部变得索然无趣
Hello? Oh,hi,hi Judith.
你好? 哦 嗨 朱蒂丝
Yea,I'm so glad you called.
我很高兴你打电♥话♥来
I just… what?
我只是...什么?
She wants to talk to you.
她想和你说话
Why does my wife want to talk to you?
为什么我妻子想和你说话?
I don't know.
我不知道
Hey Judith,what's up?
嘿朱蒂丝 怎么了?
I understand.
我明白了
What do you understand?
你明白了什么?
Not a thing.
没什么
I understand.
我明白了
What's she saying?
她在说什么?
Hang on Judith,
别挂电♥话♥ 朱蒂丝
that's my other line.
我有个插播
She's upset because her parents want to take Jake to SeaWorld
她很沮丧 因为她的父母想要把杰克带去海底世界
and she feels like this is crossing a boundary
因为她觉得没有人支持她
since they've been so unsupportive recently.
而且这件事已经超过了她的底线
And she's not sure if her anger is misplaced.
她不知道能向谁吐苦水
Since when are you her new best friend?
什么时候你成了她最好的新朋友?
I don't know,something's gone horribly wrong.
我不知道 有些事错得离谱
Sorry,you were saying?
不好意思 你还在吗?
I understand.
我了解
You're the coolest? Love Cindy.
你是最酷的! 爱你的辛迪
Are you sure your nephews gonna like this?
你确定你侄子会喜欢这个吗?
Who says it's for my nephew?
谁说是给我侄子的?
You're really cute.
你太可爱了
Good.
好
I'm sorry there's no waves.
很遗憾今天没有大浪
Yea,I don't know how I'm gonna get my exercise today.
是啊 我都不知道今天能做什么运动
It's a puzzler.
这是个难题
Why don't you open up another bottle of wine
你为什么不打开另外一瓶呢?
and we'll figure something out?
那我们就可以再出出主意
OK
好的
I'm sorry to just drop by but I had to talk to somebody.
我很抱歉突然造访 但是我得找人说说话
I just left Jake with my parents
我刚把杰克留在我父母那边
so they could take him to San Diego
这样他们就会带他去圣地亚哥
and I got in this terrible argument with my father.
我和爸爸大吵一架
He thinks it's my fault that Alan and I are breaking up
他觉得我和艾伦分手是我的错
and he knows exactly how to push my buttons.
而且他句句伤我要害
The question is,why do I need his approval?
问题就是 我为什么要得到他同意?
Why do I need approval from any man?
为什么我必须求得任何人的同意?
I understand.
我明白
Charlie,how could you possibly understand?
查理 你怎么可能明白呢?
Oh,I'm sorry,I didn't realise you had company.
很抱歉 我没注意到有朋友在这里
No,we were just hanging out. I'm Cindy.
没有 我们只是闲着聊天 我辛迪
Oh,hi,Judith.
嗨 朱蒂丝
Hi. You know,I've spent the better part of my life trying to win my father's approval.
你知道吗 我的花样年华都用在获取我父亲的认可
Oh,you too,huh?
你也是 啊?
Yea,I almost married a guy just cause my father liked him.
是啊 我差点嫁给一个我父亲喜欢的男人
I married a guy just like my father.
我嫁给了一个像我父亲一样的男人
Oh,disaster,right?
真是灾难啊 是吗?
Mmm. It's his brother.
恩 这是他哥哥
Oh,I met him. He's pretty tightly wound.
我认识他 他挺神经质的
He is.
是的
Do you want some wine?
你想来点酒吗?
I want a lot of wine.
我真想一醉方休
Yea.
好的
You know it's so funny about relationships and men.
感情和男人真是很有意思的事
剧集 | 好汉两个半(2003) | 导航列表