剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表
我们所需要的只是一个比赛的地方。
All we needed was a place to race.
莫哈韦沙漠。
The Mojave Desert.
每年一次,加州的这片荒野被改造
Once a year, this Californian wilderness is transformed
变成了一座由铁杆赛车迷组成的庞大城市。
into a sprawling city of die-hard race fans.
喔!这就是我所说的真正的游乐场!
Whoo! This is what I call a proper playground!
看看它的大小!
Look at the size of it!
决定我们当中谁跑得最快,除了Stig,
To decide which of us is quickest, apart from The Stig,
我们被送到锤子之王那里-
we'd been sent to The King Of The Hammers -
这是地球上最极端的越野赛事之一。
one of the most-extreme off-road events on the planet.
在这里竞争需要专业技能。
Competing here requires specialist skill.
高速、低抓地力的穿越沙漠平原的比赛
High-speed, low-grip racing across desert flats
遇到复杂的技术岩石爬行
meets complex technical rock crawls
在近乎垂直的布满巨石的面孔上。
over near-vertical boulder-strewn faces...
..一个错误可能意味着灾难。
..where one mistake can mean disaster.
我能说的就是..。
Well, all I can say is...
对你来说,这是一个多么完美的失落之地!
what a perfect place for you to lose!
什么?!我不会输的。
What?! I'm not going to lose.
赶快。
Come on.
欢迎来到锤子镇。
Welcome to Hammer Town.
3.5万名球迷齐聚一堂,观看这场相当于赛车运动的比赛
35,000 fans all gathered to watch the motorsport equivalent
笼子里的搏斗。
of cage fighting.
好像这还不够吓人,
And as if that wasn't intimidating enough,
第二天早上,我们进入了一种叫做
the next morning we'd been entered into something called
传奇类。
the Legends Class.
我们会开着这些车。
And we'd be driving these.
这是一辆超级4四驱车。
That is an Ultra 4 buggy.
莲蓉包。
Holy moly.
超过10万马力的定制500马力
Over 100,000 of custom-made 500 horsepower
V8越野车配备四轮驱动,
V8 off-roader with four-wheel drive,
长途旅行冲击和40英寸的轮胎。
long travel shocks and 40-inch tyres.
这里有个小问题,萨宾。
One slight issue here, Sabine.
-这是你的车.-是的。
- This is your vehicle. - Yeah.
卷笼上有很大的凹痕,如果我,嗯.
There are big dents in the roll cage, and if I just, um...
是的,这辆车已经在车顶上开过好几次了,萨宾。
Yeah, this vehicle's been on its roof several times, Sabine.
但这是标准做法,不是吗?
But that's standard, isn't it?
-我不怕.-对你来说也许是,对我来说不是.
- I'm not afraid. - For you maybe, not for me.
我这辈子从来没有滚过赛车。
I've never rolled a racing car in my life.
我已经滚了几次了。
I've rolled a couple.
你不担心这一点吗?
Are you not worried by this?
事实上,我都等不及了。
I can't wait, actually.
别哭,哈里斯,拜托。
Don't cry, Harris, please.
这太酷了!
This is so cool!
哈?
Huh?
我没有被说服,我去找一些安慰
Not convinced, I went to find some reassurance
从活动组织者那里。
from the event organiser.
-所以,戴夫,你真的是锤子之王。-显然,是的。
- So, Dave, you are literally King of the Hammers. - Evidently, yeah.
-这是你的活动。-这是我的活动,是的。
- This is your event. - This is my event, yeah.
对我来说,最重要的问题是反转。
The million-dollar question for me is the inversion thing.
-是啊,我听说你以前没玩过.-没有。
- Yeah, I heard you haven't rolled before. - No.
今天是你的好日子。他们笑了
Today's your day. THEY LAUGH
明知自己会受到伤害,这件事就会发生。
This is going into something knowing that you're going to get hurt.
这一点我一点也不确定。这简直是疯了。
I'm not sure about this at all. This is absolutely insane.
这两个人去年都没有完成这场比赛
Neither one of these guys here finished this race last year
因为他们在比赛中都摔断了脊背
because they both broke their backs during the race
不得不被空运出去。
and had to be flown out.
开得尽可能慢就行了。
Just drive as slow as you can.
那你就安全了。
Then you're safe.
你在听他说什么吗?
Are you listening to what he's saying?
他说他们摔断了脊梁!
He said they broke their backs!
-考虑到你对我们驾驶背景的了解...-是的。
- Given what you know about our driving background... - Yes.
..诚实地评估我们在这些事情上的机会。
..give an honest assessment of our chances in these things.
她会杀了它的,而你不会成功的。
She's going to kill it, you're not going to make it.
任何能开着面包车在纽博格林转悠的人
Anybody that can drive a van around the Nurburgring
愿意尝试不同的事情。
is willing to try different things.
另外我听说她已经被颠倒了,
Plus I heard she's already been upside-down,
而你在担心这件事。
and you're worried about it.
所以你开车时会很害怕,还会颠倒过来,
So you'll drive scared and be upside-down anyway,
她会杀了它的。
she's going to kill it.
嗯。
Hmm.
戴夫根本帮不上忙,
With Dave having been no help whatsoever,
我们得到了下午的时间和一名经验丰富的司机
we were given the afternoon and a veteran driver each
让我们熟悉汽车和地形。
to familiarise ourselves with the cars and the terrain.
我曾与前X游戏金牌得主配对
I had been paired with former X Games gold medallist
以及传奇励志演说家克里斯·里奇韦。
and legendary motivational speaker Chris Ridgeway.
你差不多会好起来的。
You're pretty much going to be OK.
而戴夫好心地让萨宾帮助他的儿子贝利。
While Dave had kindly offered Sabine the help of his son, Bailey.
准备好迎接这场疯狂的冒险了吗?
Ready for this crazy adventure?
萨宾笑了
SABINE LAUGHS
我的体型比克里斯好一点。
I'm in a little bit better shape than Chris.
因此,首先关注的是沙漠平原。
So first up were the desert flats.
听起来很简单。
Sounds straightforward.
该死的!哇哦!
Bloody hell! Whoa!
这太疯狂了!
That's insane!
我应该自己做这件事,对吗?
And I'm supposed to do this myself, am I?
我的辩解是,我从来都不是一个好乘客。
'In my defence, I've never been a good passenger.
但是,令人恼火的是,萨宾正在经历一场爆♥炸♥。
'But, annoyingly, Sabine was having a blast.'
哇哦!
Whooooo!
她又笑又叫
SHE LAUGHS AND SHRIEKS
哇哦!
Whooo!
-玩得开心吗?-是的!
- Having a good time? - Yes!
她笑了
SHE LAUGHS
不过,很快就轮到我们掌舵了。
Soon, though, it was our turn to take the wheel.
啊,现在我们在说话了!
Ah, now we're talking!
这不像你习惯开的有轨电车。
This isn't like a street car that you're used to driving.
-你必须用锤子敲打那东西.-是的。
- You've got to hammer the thing. - Yeah.
你踩着刹车,踩着油门。
You're hard on the brakes, hard on the throttle.
开足马力,加点油。
Full throttle, give it some gas.
好的,亲爱的!给它加点油。
OK, honey! Give it a little gas.
发动机轰鸣,就是这样!
ENGINE ROARS There you go!
呼呼!
Whoohoo!
停赛令人难以置信。
The suspension is incredible.
但有一种潜伏的感觉,它随时都可能滚动。
But there is this lurking feeling it could roll any time.
没错。
That's correct.
不过,就在我开始掌握诀窍的时候,
Just as I was starting to get the hang of it, though,
我问了一个愚蠢的问题。
I asked a stupid question.
现在,你受过几次伤?
Now, how many injuries have you had?
我喝了几杯。
I've had a few.
我从简单的东西开始,比如胳膊和腿骨折。
I start with the easy stuff, like the broken arms and legs.
但是,呃...
But, er...
重建的手腕、膝盖和脚踝。
A rebuilt wrist, and knees and ankles.
有一次我的腿被砍掉了。
There was that one time I got my leg cut off.
-什么-是的
- What?! - Yeah.
是啊,那是办公室里糟糕的一天。
Yeah, that was a bad day at the office.
哦,我的教父。
Oh, my Godfather.
说完,我们又回到了锤子镇。
And with that, we made our way back to Hammer Town.
我的信心受到了又一次打击。
Where my confidence took another blow.
我愿意做任何与开车超速有关的事情,
I'm kind of up for anything to do with going fast in cars,
但我对此不是很确定。
but I'm not so sure about this.
我刚被某个疯子玩弄了一番,
I've just been ragdolled around by some lunatic,
现在我被告知这件事昨天发生在某个可怜的人身上-
and now I'm told that this happened yesterday to some poor soul -
电气起火。
electrical fire.
他用了一句话,“我们勉强逃出来了。”
He used the phrase, "We barely got out."
我还以为那是塑料的。
I thought that was plastic.
那是铝,熔化了。
That's aluminium, melted.
嗯.。
Um...
我想我在这里吃得太多了。
I think I've bitten off more than I can chew here.
很明显,我们需要更多的练习。
'It was clear we needed more practice.
但我们还没来得及回去
'But before we could head back out,
我们被告知我们每个人都会得到一些帮助
'we were told we'd each be getting some help
“来自团队经理。”
'from a team manager.'
剧集 | 巅峰拍档(2002) | 导航列表