剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
Um, hey, where are we with her asylum? Any word from Senator King's office?
有 她好像怕了 也许是因为伊朗的事
Yes. I think she's afraid of it. Uh, might be the whole Iran thing.
中东问题现在很敏感
The Middle East is radioactive right now.
天啊 好吧 我们必须另外找人
Oh, God. All right, we have to find somebody else.
是 我最近打了很多电♥话♥
Yeah, I've been making a lot of calls.
被拒绝了很多次 马上要有初选之争 国会山人心惶惶
Getting a lot of nos. There's primary fights coming up. The Hill is skittish.
天啊 这群 懦弱的政客啊
Oh, God. Just... 'Tis the season of chicken-shit politicians.
好吧 继续打电♥话♥
All right, just keep making calls.
好
Okay.
嗨
Hi.
嗨 请坐
Hey. Have a seat.
谢谢
Thank you.
办公室不错
Office looks good.
你要 装几扇门还是保持这样不动
Gonna... Gonna put some doors in or you gonna leave it like this?
我还挺喜欢开放办公的
I kinda like the open door thing. Huh.
是 我想给人一种可以找我的感觉
Yeah, I want people to feel like I'm available.
就是我们同舟共济 效果如何
Like we're all in this together. How's that working out for you?
一点点来吧 是
You know. Baby steps. Yeah.
我们晚些要办个小型员工派对 你应该来参加
We're having a little staff party later. You should swing by.
我今天早上接到了电♥话♥ 是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》的专访
I got a call this morning about a Times feature.
一个记者想跟我谈谈
A reporter asked me to sit down.
好吧 米娅 你在斯黛拉身上 用过这招 在我这里无效
Okay, Mia, you tried this dance with Stella, and I am not feeling the music,
所以我们会观望
so, we're gonna hold.
不会有播客交易 也不会有新闻杂♥志♥节目
No pod deal. No news magazine show.
我们给克里斯加薪5% 算是给她台阶下
Chris gets a 5% bump to save face,
然后大家都回去继续工作
and then we all get back to work.
我觉得她不需要 她现在人缘比以往都好
Oh, I think her face is saved. She's never had more goodwill.
我不在乎她是不是 跟泰勒斯威夫特一起唱国歌♥
I don't care if she has been singing the national anthem with Taylor Swift.
我们现在就是没钱 你知不知道
We do not have the cash right now. Are you aware
弗雷德米克林收买♥♥了一支独♥立♥法律团队
that Fred Micklen bought off an independent legal team
来调查米切凯斯勒的丑闻
investigating the Mitch Kessler scandal?
不 我不知道
No. No, I... I wasn't aware. Hmm.
我猜猜 一只叫斯黛拉的小鸟 最近在你耳边唱歌♥来着
Let me guess, a little bird named Stella has been chirping in your ear?
对 那是一只喜鹊 告诉了我宝贵的信息
Yeah, you know, the bird's a stork, she dropped a bundle of joy in my lap.
货真价实的文档 某位记者可是非常感兴趣呢
Actual documents that a certain reporter would be very interested in reading.
你还是想抢我的饭碗啊
You still want my job, huh?
我坐在办公桌的这一边 过得比另一边开心多了
I am having so much more fun on this side of the table.
关于克里斯的合同 我必须和席琳商讨一下
I'll have to discuss Chris's deal with Celine.
她的合同 还有我的
Her deal and my deal.
我认得这个气味
I know that smell.
你总得吃点东西 是 抱歉 我睡得太晚了
You know, you gotta eat something. Yeah, sorry I slept so late.
我去收拾东西
Um, I'll get my stuff together.
如果我想赶你走 我就不会做你最爱吃的煎蛋了
If I wanted you to leave I wouldn't have made you eggs just the way you like them.
谢谢 不客气
Thank you. Of course. Yeah.
你睡得还好吗 很好 这沙发很棒
You sleep okay? Yeah, it's a nice couch.
我说了吧 是 记忆海绵垫
I told you. Yeah, you know, it's... Memory foam mattress.
所以
So, yeah...
天啊
Oh, God.
好吃 是吗
Good. Yeah? Mmm.
有意思 回到以前的生活习惯 竟然这么容易
It's funny how easy it is to slip back into things.
也许因为那段生活是个秘密 一直都是
Well, maybe 'cause it's a secret. You know, like it always was.
不是那样才好玩吗
Wasn't that the fun part?
是的 对 好玩了一阵子
Mmm, yeah, it was. Yeah, for a while, yes.
对 后来就不好玩了
Yeah, until it wasn't.
我们从没正式约会过
Never had a real date.
我甚至没跟家人说起过你
I never even told my family about you.
你后悔吗
And you regret that?
有时候后悔
Sometimes, yeah.
我该走了
I should go.
不 其实你 应该留下 我
No. Actually, you... you should stay. I... Um...
我跟布莱德莉聊过了
I talked to Bradley.
我 很担心你的安全
I'm... I'm really worried you're not safe.
她说了什么
What did she say?
我真喜欢强制性无薪工作活动
I love mandatory unpaid work events.
但有免费披萨吃 不过冷掉了
But it is free pizza. And it's cold.
披萨派对 天啊 我真是感到备受重视
A pizza party. Wow. I feel so appreciated.
最好有花椰菜底的披萨
There better be cauliflower crust.
对 我真希望有一种馅料
Yeah, I was really hoping for a topping
怎么说呢 就叫"更好的工作环境"吧
of, I don't know, better working conditions?
嗯
Mmm... Mmm.
嘿 别抱怨了 至少有卡拉OK 对吧 谢了 本
But, hey, at least there's karaoke, right? Thanks, Ben.
谢了 本 谢了 本
Thanks, Ben. Thanks, Ben.
噢
Oh.
你当时有理由相信那里出问题了吗
Did you have any reason to think that there was something wrong?
没有 我们小时候都在那条小溪里玩
No. We all played in that creek when we were kids.
每年夏天都去
Every summer.
所以我们让她跟表亲们 和朋友们
Uh, you know. So, we let her go with her cousins and... And her friends...
带一身泥巴回家
Come home muddy.
我们说这对身体有好处 然后在后院给他们冲洗
We'd say it's good for ya, then we'd hose 'em off in the backyard.
你什么时候注意到她可能病了
And-And when did you notice that, you know, she might be sick?
大约一年前 她的朋友们也一样
Um, about a year ago. And her friends too.
还有其他街区的孩子吗
And are there other kids from other neighborhoods?
我有个朋友 在怀孕四个月时还在流水线上工作
I had a friend who worked the line when she was four months pregnant
后来她辞职去生孩子了
and she quit to have the baby.
孩子出生有畸形
Um, and, uh, he didn't come out right.
什么意思
What do you mean?
那你得问她 我无权多说
You'll have to talk to her about that. It's not for me to speak on.
嗨 宝贝
Hi, honey.
看啊
Ooh, look at this.
她今天精神头很好 你碰巧赶上了
Oh, she is up and at 'em today. You caught us on a good day.
是的
Yeah.
嗨 小姑娘 你好吗
Hi there, young lady. How are you?
很好
Good.
她多大
How old is she?
五岁
She's five. Oh.
还有更多这样的孩子 我做了六场采访
And there's more of them. I have half a dozen interviews.
我正把它们剪辑到一起
I'm cutting it together right now.
好 我要看你所有的采访
Okay. I wanna see everything you've got.
好 你跟吹哨人谈过了吗
Yeah. Have you talked to the whistle-blower?
谈了 索菲娅和亲戚们躲到白俄♥罗♥斯♥去了
Yeah. Sophia's in Belarus hiding with relatives.
白俄♥罗♥斯♥ 天啊 那可不好
Belarus? Shit, that's not ideal.
我们能让她去维也纳吗 也许你可以去那里见她
Um, can we get her to Vienna? Maybe you can meet her there?
我 在慢慢谈 因为我想得到她的信任
I'm just... I'm going slow 'cause I'm trying to get her trust.
我真的不想吓到她
I really don't want to scare her.
但还有一件事
But, um... there's something else.
联邦调查局问我能否帮他们找克莱尔
The FBI is asking if I'll help them find Claire.
好 但你不会照办的 对吧
Uh, okay. But you're not gonna do that, right?
她是我们的人啊 我们必须保护她
I mean, she's one of us. We gotta protect her.
她是 整件事的关键
She's, like, the... the key to pulling this whole thing together.
我知道 当然了 我只是
I know, no. Of course, of course. I just...
我总不能叫他们滚吧
I can't tell them to fuck off, you know?
是 联邦调查局啊 很 复杂
It's... It's the FBI. It's very... complicated.
有什么复杂的 我们不必帮他们
What's complicated? We don't have to help them.
他们知道些什么
I mean, what do they know?
他们知道我找她聊过 现在死咬着我不放
They know I've talked to her, and they're not letting up on me.
糟糕
Shit.
说实话 我一直担心 也许
Honestly, I've been worried that maybe...
也许我是这件事里拖后腿的 我
Maybe I'm a liability in all of this. I...
也许我该抽身 不 布莱德莉 不行
Maybe I should step away. No. Bradley, no. No.
你 在这件事里 太重要了
I mean, you're... you're too... you're too important to this whole... whole thing.
你是公众人物 你
And, you know, you're public, you know? You...
我觉得你不理解人们有多信任你
I don't think you understand how much people trust you.
我见过这种事
I've seen this.
人们看着你 就像看到了更好的自己
They watch you and they, like, see this better version of themselves.
看到了不怕伸张正义的人
Someone who is not afraid to do the right thing.
我们需要你
We-We need you.
(杨科弗洛雷斯手♥机♥来电)
嘿 我也许应该接 好
Hey, I should probably take this. Yeah, okay.
我去弄点喝的 我 好 我等下去找你
I'm gonna get a drink. I'll see you... Okay, yeah. I'll see you in there.
嗨
Hey.
布莱德莉 我想找你谈谈
Uh, hey, Bradley. Um, I-I was hoping we could talk.
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表