剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
Yes, I know. I'm aware that you think what I do is of no value.
这么说吧 我本希望
Well, let's just say that I was hoping
你会把才华用在 比日间电视节目更有意义的事上
you'd use your talents for something more significant than daytime television...
是 但是 都过去了
Right. ...but water under the bridge.
我以为你不理我呢
So, I thought we were not talking.
你来这儿干吗
Why are you here?
有人跟你说我病危了
Somebody tell you I was dying?
我是来问你一个问题的
I came to ask you a question.
你帮助过的那个伊♥拉♥克♥翻译
That Iraqi translator that you helped out.
你还记得她后来怎么样了吗
Do you remember what ever happened to her?
那是很多年前的事了 怎么突然问这个
Well, that was years ago. Why do you ask?
假设
Well, hypothetically speaking,
有人寻求庇护
if someone were seeking asylum,
比如一位伊朗科学家
say an Iranian scientist,
还带着个孩子
and there was a child involved...
这件事听起来有点超出你的职责范围了
This all sounds a little above your pay grade.
这位科学家
The scientist.
政♥府♥问完话之后 他会怎么样
What happens when the government is done questioning him?
他会得到一个新身份
He gets a new identity.
是 最糟糕的情况是被遣返
Right. Or, worst case, they send him back.
那他女儿就孤零零一个人了
Which would leave the daughter all on her own.
你在国♥务♥院♥里还有朋友吗
Do you still have friends in the State Department?
你还可以
Do you think there's anyone
打电♥话♥给什么人 当然是私底下打
that you could call, off... clearly, off the record, of course,
托关系在这件事上帮帮忙吗 我帮过伊♥拉♥克♥人
that could help out in this situation? I was helping the Iraqis
起草新宪法 不是搞什么撤离小组
draft their new constitution. I wasn't running an exfiltration team.
对 我明白 无论如何
No, I understand that. In any case,
我觉得国♥务♥院♥现在有点忙
I think the State Department is a little busy at the moment.
不 这事听起来
No, no. This sounds...
不行 如果你是来 寻求我的建议的 那你听好
No. If you came here for my advice, then this is it.
不管这是什么事 不要插手
Keep out of this, whatever it is.
别被牵扯进去
Don't become involved.
听着 既然你都越过了 "马奇诺防线"来见我
Look, since you've crossed the Maginot Line to come see me,
那我就告诉你个好消息吧
let me tell you my good news.
好
Okay.
他们要让我当法学院院长了
They're making me dean of the law school.
天啊 我几年前也曾是候选人
Wow. I was in the running years ago,
但最后他们当然还是聘用了女性
but of course they hired a woman.
但她现在要"退休"了 所以
But now she's "retiring," so...
他们过几周就会正式宣布
They'll be announcing it in the next few weeks.
天啊
Wow.
很了不起
That's very impressive.
恭喜 老爸
Congratulations, Dad.
事实上 你可以帮我一个忙
In fact, there's something you could do to help me.
是这样的 有个学生 正在给校友杂♥志♥写人物专访
And that is, one of the students is writing a profile for the alumni magazine.
或许你可以和她谈谈 跟她分享一些趣闻轶事
Maybe you could talk to her, give her a few anecdotes.
一些趣闻轶事 什么 比如
A few anecdotes? What do you... As in...
我们的事 家里的事
Well, just about us. You know, about family.
轻松好玩的内容 你
Something frothy and light, you...
这种东西是你擅长的嘛
Just the sort of thing you're good at, you know.
你好 请进
Hi, there. Come in.
你要离开多久
How long will you be gone?
就两个月
Just two months.
我知道我离开本州必须通知你
I know I have to let you know when I'm gonna be out of state.
所以 去纽约干吗
So... What's in New York?
有一份工作 我要去《早间新闻》代班
A job. I'm gonna be filling in on The Morning Show.
你又要当记者了 上电视
You're gonna be reporting again? On TV?
我不确定我的老板会不会同意
I'm not sure that's gonna fly with my bosses.
不 我 不会称之为当记者
No, I don't... I wouldn't exactly call it reporting.
更像是交换鸡肉食谱
It's more like we're swapping chicken recipes.
这就是你的全部工作内容
That's all you're gonna be doing?
对 聊鸡肉
Yeah. Talking about chicken?
对
That's it.
他们说我还能继续工作 而且
I was told I could work still, and...
我需要钱
I need the money.
依我看 你两年前提供的 关于保罗马科思的信息
If you ask me, the information that you gave us on Paul Marks two years ago
并不足以让你就此免责
does not merit a free pass.
因此 我们把话说清楚
So let's get one thing really clear.
你现在之所以还是自♥由♥身 是因为美国政♥府♥网开一面
You are only free right now by the grace of the US government.
我们没有起诉你 也没有让你的名字出现在媒体上
We didn't prosecute you, and we kept your name out of the press.
但如果你搞事情
But, if you fuck up,
如果你骗我们 如果你哪怕走路闯红灯
if you lie to us, if you so much as even jaywalk,
我们可不会介意 重新审视一下我们的协议条件
we won't hesitate to rethink the terms of our agreement.
如果你在纽约遇到任何
And if you come across anything in New York
可能引起本局关注的事情 我们希望你能及时告知
that may be of interest to the Bureau, we expect you to let us know.
明白
Understood.
全体注意 布莱德莉今晚到
All hands on deck. Bradley's arriving tonight.
我们多久能启动
How soon can we get going?
好 我们需要立刻落实
Okay, we need to hit the ground running.
服装试镜 宣传拍摄
Wardrobe test, photo shoots,
再安排一篇《Variety》的独家专访
an exclusive with Variety.
要造足声势
Make it big.
UBN最耀眼的明星重磅回归
UBN's brightest star back in orbit.
随时告诉我消息
Let me know.
干得漂亮 搞定了布莱德莉杰克森
Nice work landing Bradley Jackson.
是米娅乔丹的功劳
Mia Jordan made it happen.
你该恭喜她
You should congratulate her.
嗨 我来迟了吗 嗨
Hey. Am I late? Hey.
迈尔斯 你好吗
Miles, how are you?
斯黛拉 很高兴见到你
Stella, good to see you.
我饿死了
I'm starving.
我们回家路上买♥♥点晚饭吃吧
Let's get some dinner on the way home.
好 想吃什么 意大利餐
Yeah, what do you think? Italian?
牡蛎和香槟
Oysters and champagne.
我们庆祝一下
Let's celebrate.
晚安 斯黛拉
Good night, Stella.
祝你们开心 拜拜
Enjoy. Bye.
拜拜
Bye.
天啊 抱歉
Wow. Sorry.
道格 科里
Doug! Cory.
我差点没认出来你 你在洛杉矶容光焕发啊 真帅
I swear I almost didn't recognize you with your LA glow-up. Hot.
是维生素D还是输了少年血
Is that vitamin D or teenage blood infusions?
我得去打个电♥话♥
I need to make a call.
好吧
Okay.
谁惹他不开心了
Who crapped in his khakis?
不是吧
Really?
你想在大庭广众之下 当着我所有同事的面这么做
You wanna do this in public in front of everybody I work with?
就喝一杯
One drink.
你要跟踪我到我答应为止 是吧
You're gonna stalk me until I say yes, huh?
像只豹子一样跟着你
Like a leopard.
我飞得离太阳太近了
I flew too close to the sun.
但是 燃烧翅膀的味道永生难忘
But the smell of burning wings, you don't forget that.
你可以换个地方重振旗鼓
You can scrub yourself clean, change zip codes,
但那记忆还在
but the memory is still there,
时不时就会有一股气味提醒你
and every so often you get a reminder, a whiff,
道格 驱使你更加努力
and it drives you, Doug, to work harder,
再也不要失败
to never fail again.
我无意冒犯 但你能不能闭嘴啊
I don't mean to be rude, but is there any way that you can just shut the fuck up?
道格拉斯 怎么回事
Douglas, what happened?
我以前打电♥话♥给你 你可开心了
You used to love it when I called.
是 那时你是给艾丽克丝开工资的人
Well, yeah. When you were signing Alex's checks.
八位数 你给我念电♥话♥簿
I mean, eight figures, you can read me the phone book
拿我的蛋蛋当沙包打 我都没意见
and work my nut sack like a speed bag for all I care.
是 天啊 你有这癖好
Oh, yeah, wow. That's your kink?
科里 你想要什么 是不是和你的电影有关
What do you want, Cory? This about your movie?
怎么 你听到了什么传言
Why? Did you hear something?
你到底需不需要一位女演员
Do you or do you not need an actress?
我需要朱莉娅
I need Julia.
你需要朱莉娅 我需要朱莉娅
You need Julia. I need Julia.
道格 好
And Doug... Okay.
你让我跟她见一面
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表