剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
为什么一定要你先找到
Why did you have to find somebody first?
天啊
God.
好嘛
Well.
艾丽克丝 成交吗 齐克
Do we have a deal, Alex? Zeke.
好吧 你的报道依然有待证实
All right, your story still needs to be confirmed.
新闻就是这样的
That's how news works.
我希望今晚前发布
Well, I want it out by the end of tonight.
否则我将不得不撤资 不再支持UBN
Otherwise, I'm gonna have to pull my company's support of UBN.
雷米 我给你发一份文件
Remy, I am sending you something.
请立刻交给调查组核实其真伪
Please have research vet it ASAP.
告诉数字部门随时待命 我们可能今晚就要发 谢谢
And tell digital to be on hold. We may have to run it tonight. Thanks.
嗨 抱歉 嗨
Oh, hi. Sorry. Hey.
我不是故意
I didn't mean to...
嗨
Hi.
请进
Come in.
好
Yeah.
这地方看起来
This looks...
天啊 这里 真不错
Wow. This is... really nice.
谢谢
Well, thanks.
是转租的
It's a sublet.
你该看看我在洛杉矶的住处 风景极好
You should see my place in LA. Killer view.
晴天时可以看到山达基名人中心
On a clear day you can see the Scientology Celebrity Center.
一切可好
Everything okay?
我知道我们好久没见了
I know it's been a while.
没事 只是工作上的烦心事
Oh, no, it's just work stuff.
好 好吧
Oh, okay. All right.
你想喝点什么吗 还是来个奶油甜甜圈
Well, do you want a drink? Or a bombolone?
街角有一家意大利糕点店
There's an Italian pastry shop on the corner
我一个人在支撑着它 免得它变成墨西哥连锁餐厅
I'm single-handedly supporting so it doesn't become a Chipotle.
来杯酒吧
I'll have a glass of wine.
好 随便坐
Okay, all right. Make yourself at home.
我们曾承诺要做出真正的改变
We promised real change.
请米娅当主管是我们言出必行的信♥号♥♥
Hiring Mia would send a signal that we're serious.
在这个职位空着的这段时间里
She's already been doing 80% of the job
她其实已经在承担80%的工作了
while we've held the role open.
她是个优秀的领导者 员工们都爱她
She's an amazing leader. The staff loves her.
你认为她真的相信你搞AI的倡议吗
Do you think she actually believes in your AI initiative?
她还在理解
She's still wrapping her head around it.
我有信心她会接受
I'm confident that she'll come around.
但如果她不接受呢
But what if she doesn't?
到时候她能做出艰难的抉择吗
Will she be able to make the hard choices when the time comes?
她能解雇那些跟她共事了十年的人吗
Could she fire people she's worked with for the past ten years?
我们同意不再开人了
We agreed to stop layoffs.
没有人 真的没人 比米娅乔丹更胜任这个职位了
And there's no one, no one, more qualified than Mia Jordan.
本如何
What about Ben?
他用全新的方式解读了奥♥运♥会 很有才华
He reinvented the Olympics. He's brilliant.
我们知道体育节目是长♥期♥运营的关键
We know sports programming is key to long-term sustainability.
没错
Exactly.
那是
That's...
好 我们休息五分钟吧 好主意
Yeah. Let's take five. Good idea.
我知道本是你的人 但招聘是我的特权
I know Ben's your guy, but hiring is my prerogative.
董事会参加面试只是为了提出建议
The Board's only here in an advisory capacity.
我只是想确认你充分权衡利弊
I just wanna make sure you're weighing the pros and cons.
谢谢 我会的
Thank you. I am.
我只想给公♥司♥寻求最好的结果
And I'm just looking for the best outcome for all of us.
比如你和科里的合同
Your deal with Cory, for example.
怎么了 你是对的
What about it? You're right.
他的项目很有吸引力
His projects are compelling.
我想支持他 但又不能让人觉得是偏袒
I'd like to support him, but it can't look like favoritism.
我们是老朋友 他是你的导师 很棘手
We're old friends. He was your mentor. It's tricky.
但如果我们让本担任新闻部主管
But if we bring Ben in as Head of News,
也许能平衡一下
it might be the right balance.
一边是老手 一边是新鲜血液 你觉得呢
An old hand, new blood. What do you think?
最终是你的决定
It's your decision.
但我希望能在今天结束前发布新闻稿
But I'd like to put out a press release by the end of the day.
奇普
Chip.
你好 贝丝安
Hello, Bethanne.
你看起来精神头十足啊
You look rested.
这其实是失业带来的乐趣
It's the joys of unemployment, actually.
你气色很好 很高兴见到你
You look great. It's good to see you.
听说你拍了一部电影
I heard you made a movie?
是的 拍了一部电影 我现在在做新项目了
I did. I made a movie and I'm actually working on a new project now.
不过呢 我还没确定是什么项目 还在摸索中
I'm not totally sure what it is yet. Still trying to figure it out.
但我希望能问你几个问题
But I was hoping I could ask you a few questions.
什么问题 关于UBA电视网的
About what? UBA.
好
Sure.
我不知道能否让你满意 但你问吧
I don't know how helpful I can be, but go ahead.
我想问
Well, I guess...
我一直很好奇 你当初为什么离开
I mean, I've always been curious why you left.
理由太多了
A hundred reasons.
而且当时我也该走了
And it was time to go.
是因为米切还是
Was it Mitch? Or...
抱歉
I'm sorry.
我也希望能具体说说 但我签了保密协议
I wish I could be more specific but I signed an NDA.
当时我们都得签
We all had to in those days.
我得给你看个东西
I need to show you something.
(贝丝安海恩斯 两百万美元 DM)
你从哪弄来的
Where did you get this?
我联♥系♥了弗雷德米克林 问了他
So I reached out to Fred Micklen to ask him about it,
但他没答复 所以我
but he didn't get back to me, so I...
我很久没联♥系♥过弗雷德了
I haven't talked to Fred in a long time.
我感觉你不希望我去你家找你
I got the sense you didn't want me to come to your house.
怎么回事 奇普
What's going on? Chip,
我离开电视网是因为我准备退休了
I left the network because I was ready to retire.
仅此而已 我该回去了
That's it. I should be getting back.
我想确认一下我有你的手♥机♥号♥
I want to make sure I have your cell number.
我也不知道 这个可能是旧号♥码
I'm not sure. This might be an old one.
好
So, yeah, yeah.
好 是这个吗
Yeah. Is that it?
(去查UBA电视网的档案)
(2018年10月的 沃夫河的口供)
对 就是这个
Yeah, that's it.
不好意思 害你白跑了
I'm sorry you had to come all this way.
但我帮不了你
But there's nothing I can do for you.
很高兴再次见到你
It was nice to see you again.
保重 你也是
Take care of yourself. You too.
回来的感觉如何
How does it feel being back?
不一样了 怎么不一样
It's different. Different how?
很多人都走了
A lot of people are gone.
也许是我变了
Maybe I'm the one that's different.
好像我身在公♥司♥里 却是局外人
It's like I'm there, but I'm on the outside.
你呢
How about you?
你想念电视网吗
Do you miss it?
什么 那种巨大的影响力
What, having all that influence?
能左右世界 还能顺便赚到天价报酬
Shaping the world and getting paid a gazillion dollars to do it?
不想念 完全被高估了
Nah, totally overrated.
是 代价是没有隐私 没有朋友
Yeah. All it costs is your privacy, your friends.
还有任何拥有正常感情关系的可能
And any chance at having a regular relationship.
对 几乎什么都不剩了
Right, so, almost nothing.
你还有酒吗
Do you have any more wine?
我也正在想这个
I was thinking the same thing.
对了 你是不是有事想问我
By the way, you wanted to ask me something?
对
Yeah.
有一件事
So, there's this thing...
现在还是初期 但在我真正展开调查前
It's early, but before I chase it for real,
我需要确保我不会被过去的事影响
I just need to make sure my side of the street is clean.
好
Okay. Yeah.
我跟你说过了 人事那边我已经帮你搞定了
I mean, I told you I cleared you with HR.
我是说联邦调查局那边
I just mean with the Feds.
你想知道我有没有跟他们说你的事
You wanna know if I told them about you.
因为我本该蹲监狱的 而我却没进去
Because I should be in jail and I'm not.
我确实这么想过
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表