剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表
Crossed my mind.
我给他们提供了信息
I gave them something.
但我从没提过你
But I never mentioned you.
你是安全的 好
You're safe. Okay.
那 就好
That's... That's good.
你接受这一切
And you're okay with all that?
是啊 我挺好
Yeah. I'm good.
好吧
Okay.
但我该给你打电♥话♥的
But I should have called you.
这样你也不必乱猜了
So you didn't have to wonder.
你也不必给我打电♥话♥ 问我会不会再次毁掉你的生活
And you didn't have to call me to ask if I'd fucked up your life again.
你没有毁掉我的生活
You didn't fuck up my life.
你确定
Are you sure?
布莱德莉 我的生活是
Bradley, my life is...
嘿 我是不是把我在汉普顿的房♥子
Well, hey, did I sell my house in the Hamptons
以六折的价格卖♥♥掉了 没错
for sixty cents on the dollar? I did.
我是不是为了拍半部电影倾家荡产
Did I bankrupt myself to make half a movie?
差不多
Pretty much.
我是不是抛下一切
Did I leave all of this behind
搬到了地球上最孤独却阳光充沛的城市
to move to the loneliest, sun-filled city on planet Earth?
是的
Yes.
但这些都和你无关
But none of that had anything to do with you.
我说服自己你是恨我的
I had convinced myself that you hated me.
我当时不恨
I didn't.
现在也不恨
I don't.
其他人都恨我 艾丽克丝 米娅
Well, everybody else does. Alex, Mia.
我可不是什么月度最佳员工
I'm not exactly employee of the month.
布莱德莉
Bradley.
我不想要你给我任何东西
I don't want anything from you.
只是 好了 说吧
It's just that it... Yeah, tell me.
这件事 这份工作
This thing, this job?
会让我回归 天天进出公♥司♥
I'd be around again, in the building.
当然 我们不会共事
We wouldn't be working together, obviously.
但是
But...
是的 我想这次会不一样
Yeah, well, I guess it'd be different.
怎么了
What is it?
我 上次
I... When I last...
我没想到能再次见到你
I just didn't think I would see you again.
我知道
I know.
结果又见了
And here we are.
又见了
Here we are.
我只是 我需要知道 如果我回来了
I just... I need to know that if I was around...
你能接受吗
would you be okay with that?
能 我想能
Yeah. I think so.
人们会
You know people are gonna...
猜想
Wonder.
是
Yeah.
人们肯定会猜想
People would definitely wonder.
我不会做任何让事情更加
I wouldn't want to do anything that could make things more...
我们必须把话说得非常清楚
We would have to be really clear...
如果
If...
你希望我
you wanted me to, you know...
保持距离
keep my distance...
保持距离 我能做到
Keep your distance? I could do that.
我会告诉你的
I'll let you know.
你不必
You'd never have to...
对
Yeah.
你会 是的
And you would... Yes.
告诉我
...tell me.
嗨 嗨
Hey. Hey.
谢谢你过来
Thanks for stopping by.
我要给你加薪
I'm gonna give you a raise.
我希望你留下来 盯紧那个新来的家伙
I want you to stay on, hold the new guy's feet to the fire.
他太嫩 很快就会丢饭碗 六个月后 这个职位就是你的了
He's so green, he's gonna flame out, and in six months the job will be yours.
是谁 外面请的人
Who is it? Someone from outside?
是本 本 他在亚特兰大
Ben. Ben? He's in Atlanta.
他做面试了吗
Did he even interview?
走之前做的
Before he left.
那是上周的事 所以 怎么回事
That was last week so... what?
今天算什么 只是走形式还是
What was today? It was a formality or--
不是 我真的为你争取了
No. And I did fight for you.
是因为体育吗 我也可以做
Is it the sports thing? 'Cause I can do...
他没有员工的支持
He doesn't have the staff.
他们不尊敬他
They don't respect him.
怎么可能呢
How could they?
他从来没做过真正的新闻
He's never actually done real hard news.
更别提管理整个新闻部了
Much less the whole news division.
你是对的 完全没错
You're right. You are absolutely right.
所以如我所说 他会丢饭碗
And like I said, he's gonna flame out,
我保证 到时候这个职位就是你的
and when he does I promise you, the job will be yours.
就像你两年前向我保证的那样
Like you promised me two years ago?
不再有企业那一套官僚 这是你说的
No more corporate bullshit, that's what you said.
我们当时在这个公♥司♥的愿景
When we talked about what we were gonna do here.
我们要做出的改变
The changes we were gonna make.
是 我还以为我们是朋友
Yeah. I thought we were fucking friends.
我们是啊 我们是朋友 我没向你要过这个职位
We are. We are friends. I didn't ask you for this job.
想都没想过
I didn't even dream of it.
直到你把它像个胡萝卜一样挂在我眼前晃
Until you dangled it in front of me like a fucking carrot.
之后你就一直对我说
And ever since then you've been telling me,
"耐心点 你的时代会来的"
"Just be patient. Your time is coming."
我在拼死拼活呢 米娅
I am fighting for my life here, Mia.
我们谈过的那些改变 如果我被开掉 那就全泡汤了
Those changes that we talked about, I can't make them if I'm out on my ass.
这个决定 天啊 太难了
This decision was... Oh, my God, it was so hard.
这是我做过最艰难的决 我
It was the hardest decision I... I... I am...
我很抱歉 让你做艰难的决定了 斯黛拉
I am so sorry that it was so very, very hard for you, Stella.
一定很难吧 你能做所有决定
It must be difficult to get to make all the choices
却事后要为此感到愧疚
and have to feel bad about them afterwards
但这些事情却根本触碰不到你真正的生活
without it touching your actual fucking life.
不管席琳给了你什么好处
Whatever Celine is offering you...
希望它是值得的
I hope it's worth it.
好吧
Okay, fine.
本是更好的人选
Ben is better.
他对公♥司♥未来的发展确实有清晰的愿景
He has an actual vision for where the company is headed
我本来很想保护你的感受 但我同时
and I really wanted to protect your feelings, but I also...
也必须为电视网的利益着想
I have to do what's best for the network.
因为虽然是你的朋友 但老娘也是你的老板
Because I am your friend, but I'm also your fucking boss.
你不是我的朋友
You're not my friend.
也不是我的老板
Or my boss.
因为我不干了
Because I quit.
今天有人问我为什么还在这里
Someone asked me today why I'm still here.
鉴于最近媒体对这场峰会的报道
Given the recent media coverage of this conference,
我今晚为什么 还要选择留下来和各位讲话呢
why would I choose to stay to speak to you all tonight?
作为难民的孩子
As a child of refugees,
我早早就明白 选择并非在我们每个人之间平均分配
I learned early on that choices are not distributed equally among us.
作为难民的孩子 我今晚给大家做演讲
And it's as a child of refugees that I speak to you tonight.
(雷米卡普兰 调查组还在查那篇报道)
(你采访的那个人是关键人物)
我代表那些因气候变化而被迫逃离家园的
On behalf of the millions who have already fled their homelands
数百万人
due to climate change.
他们别无选择
Who have no choice.
他们的数量还在增加
And whose numbers are rising.
(石油平台火灾造成两人死亡)
(文 艾什莉佩吉 《每日新闻报》 2023年9月2日)
那样的现实令人感到不便
Reality is inconvenient that way.
无论如何 这事需要有个交代
It demands a reckoning, one way or another.
人们需要做出选择
There are choices to be made.
要付出代价
Costs to be paid.
这些选择 代价将是我们的考验
And those choices, those costs, will test us.
远远超出我们所希望承受的范围
So much more than we want them to.
我们安慰自己说我们有掌控权
We tell ourselves we're in control.
这些我们都能应付
We can manage all of this.
但在内心深处 我们清楚地知道 真正岌岌可危的是什么
But we know, deep down, how much is at stake.
是我们身边的一切
剧集 | 早间新闻 | 导航列表