May I have our Mr. McVeigh for a moment?
我可以和麦克维先生谈一下吗
Yes.
当然
Definitely.
当然可以
Congratulations, by the way.
另外 恭喜你了
I heard you tied the knot.
我听说你们喜结连理
We did. Thanks.
是的 多谢
This is not an intellectual exercise.
这可不是智力练习
We're here to win, dear.
我们得赢 亲爱的
Actually, you're here to win.
实际上 你才是来赢的
I'm here to testify. For us.
我是来作证的 为了我们
If they know you have doubts,
如果他们知道你有疑虑
they'll put you back on the stand to exploit them.
一定会利用这一点让你上庭作证的
Where are you going?
你要去哪
To assuage my doubts.
去消除我的疑虑
So, the Black Business Leaders.
黑人商业领袖午餐会
It's a good venue.
这种场合很好
It's a very good venue to trash Peter.
一个可以攻击彼得的绝佳场合
Do I need to be here for this?
我必须得在这儿听着吗
Yes. You're supposed to be the adult here.
对 你应该是有理智的那个
When he goes off on one of his crusades, you steer.
如果他跑偏了 你就得掌控好方向
I am steering.
我现在有掌控啊
It's the smart move, and if you were here,
这一步挺明智的 如果你当时也在场
instead of off doing, uh, uh...
而不是去...那个...
Peter is finally making traction with black voters
彼得终于可以吸引黑人选民了
and you're gonna screw it up.
而你们现在却把这一切都毁了
That's not our problem.
这不是我们的问题
Yes, it is your problem.
不 这是你们的问题
You need Peter.
你们需要彼得
You need the Governor.
你们需要州长
There are three days left in the campaign, Eli.
竞选就剩三天了 伊莱
We needed the governor.
我们以前需要州长
We don't now.
我们现在不需要了
We're up by three.
我们现在已经领先三个点了
You may not want Peter as a friend,
也许你不需要彼得做你们朋友
but you certainly don't want him as an enemy.
但你们肯定不会希望跟他为敌的
Ohoh, what's that mean? It doesn't mean anything.
这什么意思 没任何意思
The governor's not going to come out against his own wife.
州长不会跳出来跟自己老婆作对的
Josh, why don't you give us a minute?
乔希 让我们俩单独谈一下好吗
Sure.
好
Always a pleasure, Eli.
没问题 伊莱
I got you that job in California.
你在加州的工作是我帮你搞定的
You did not get me the job in California.
你没帮我搞定加州的工作
You made a phone call.
你只是打了个电♥话♥而已
And I can withdraw that call.
我也可以收回那个电♥话♥
It's the kind of job that could make someone's reputation.
那份工作可是能扬名立万的
So you're gonna bad-mouth me
如果我不取消黑人商业领袖午餐会
unless I pull back on the Black Business Leaders?
你就要打电♥话♥抹黑我是吗
Oh, yes.
对
It's your choice, Jon.
你自己选吧 约翰
You want that job,
如果你想要那份工作
you tell Alicia it's a bad idea to trash Peter,
你就告诉艾丽西娅别去攻击彼得
because it is a bad idea to trash Peter.
因为那确实不是一个明智的选择
You don't need it, this late in the campaign.
竞选到了这一步 你们根本不需要这样
You know you don't.
这你自己清楚
This is an exact replica of the 3-D gun that Carsten Pope fired.
这是卡斯滕·波普用的那把3D手♥枪♥复♥制♥版
Including the tweak.
包括他所做的修改调整
So this gun should match the gun that injured my client?
那么这把枪跟打伤我当事人是完全一样的
Yes. It was also printed on Pope's printer.
对 而且是在波普的打印机上打出来的
You want to do the honors? Mm.
你想来动手吗 想
Just enough to pull the trigger.
只需要能扣动扳机的力气就行了
Ready?
准备好了吗
Kurt, is that good?
库尔特 行吗
Maybe. I believe that we're getting catastrophic failure
好像还行 我觉得枪会出问题是由于
from these guns because the 3-D printer was false feeding.
3D打印机的供料有问题
False feeding?
供料问题
Yeah. I noticed that the printer was stuttering sometimes,
对 我发现打印机工作时有时会卡壳
when it was pulling the plastic filament off the spool.
特别从辊轴上将塑料丝拉出来时
Now, it resulted in some layers being skipped,
于是造成有些层面没有被打印出来
making the barrel too weak in some places
导致枪管某些部位过于脆弱
to contain the explosion when a bullet's fired.
无法承受子弹射出时巨大爆破冲击
But... is that the designer's fault?
但...这算是设计者的失误吗
No.
不是
I'll need to get a different printer
我需要找个其他的打印机
and test Fife's design with and without the tweak.
来分别测试一下法伊夫调整前后的设计
But it'll take some time.
但是需要一些时间
Uh, but as of now?
那现在的结果呢
My expert opinion is... the printer's to blame.
我的意见是 打印机故障才是问题所在
So you think I have the wrong defendant?
你意思是我找错被告了
Yes.
对
My husband was a good State's Attorney.
我丈夫曾经是一位优秀的州检察官
But he made some mistakes.
但是他也犯了一些错
Some were front page news.
有些甚至还上了头条
Others weren't.
还有一些没上头条的
There's this saying...
有一种说法
There's this saying...
有一种说法
You're early. I thought we said 1:00.
你来早了吧 我们约的一点吧
We did.
是一点
But I was thinking about the Black Business Leaders speech.
但我在考虑关于黑人商业领袖午餐会的演讲
Oh, yes. I was just working on it now.
对 我刚才也正在练习这个
Well, I... I'm having second thoughts.
其实 我...我又仔细想了一下
I think it's a mistake to throw Peter under the bus.
我觉得跟彼得划清界线是个错误
You do?
是吗
I do. I'm worried about you losing more votes
是的 我担心你会失去更多的选票
than you'd gain... old-time supporters of his, Christians.
他之前的那些支持者 那些基♥督♥徒
We've hitched our wagon to Peter from the beginning.
我们从一开始就搭彼得的顺风车
I'm worried that we might end up looking like opportunists.
我担心我们会被指责为投机取巧
But what about countering Prady's attack?
但是怎么反驳普拉迪的攻击呢
I looked at the overnights--
我看了昨晚的投票结果
the attack doesn't seem to leave much of a mark.
他的攻击没什么影响
I'm thinking we play to our base.
我觉得我们还是保存实力
You sure? Yes.
你确定 确定
For better or for worse, you guys are a brand.
你们毕竟是夫妻 应该同甘共苦
You're the Florricks. A package deal.
你们是福瑞克夫妇 一条绳上的
This is the first speech.
这是第一份演讲的演讲稿
It'll be on the teleprompters.
到时候会显示在电子提示器上
Okay.
好的
Okay. I'll see you at 1:00.
好 我们一点见
Why are you leaving Election Day?
选举那天你为什么要离开
This job in Sacramento. It's a special election.
萨克拉曼多有个工作机会 是特别选举
They... they're in trouble.
他们...他们遇到困难了
So it's not because of me. Of us.
那么不是因为我 因为我们的关系
No.
不是
Okay. Okay.
好吧 好
What's this?
这是什么
I don't know. It's too far away.
我看不清 你离得太远了
What is it? You amended the suit.
那是什么 你们更改了诉讼
Oh, yes, we did. Based on your test.
对 我们改了 根据你试验结果改的
We're suing the maker of the printer.
我们要起诉打印机的生产商
But you're still suing Chris Fife,
但是你仍然要起诉克里斯·法伊夫
even though his design isn't the problem.
即使他的设计并没有问题
Fife's web site links to the faulty printer.
法伊夫的网站上有问题打印机的链接
He specifically advocates its use,
他特别推荐了这个打印机
so we're able to backdoor him.
所以我们可以起诉他
You don't believe that he is legally negligent.
你并不认为他有法律过失
You just think he's politically offensive.
你只是觉得他政♥治♥上太激进
I think he's both.
我觉得他两者都是
He's making it possible for anyone to make
他让任何人都可以做一把
an untraceable, untrackable gun.
无法追踪来源的手♥枪♥
Who do you think will use it? That's not a question for lawyers.
你觉得谁会用呢 这不是律师的事
That's for politicians. You want to run? Run.
是政♥治♥家的事 你要是想从政就从政
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表