The defense attorney is arguing double jeopardy,
辩方律师提到「一事不再理」原则
but Mr. Tatro is not being accused of the same crime.
但塔特罗先生两次被起诉的罪名是不同的
Your Honor, if I could speak.
法官阁下 我能说几句吗
In 2009 we needed to prove that Mr. Tatro
2009年时我们需要证明塔特罗先生
had a specific intent to kill Mr. Jeffrey Garrix.
对杰弗里·加里斯先生有谋杀意图
And they failed. They did not...
当时就没能证明 他们没有
But now the charge is first- degree murder,
但是现在罪名是一级谋杀
and we don't need to prove intent.
我们不需要再证明意图了
This is an injustice. My father is a...
这是种不公正 我父亲是一个
Excuse me. My-my client is a father of three.
抱歉 我的当事人是三名孩子的父亲
He's not a criminal. I can't see what that has to do
他不是个罪犯 我不知道当父亲
with the charge, Your Honor.
和是不是罪犯有什么关系 法官阁下
In 2009,
2009年
Mr. Tatro viciously and repeatedly punched
塔特罗先生对一位年轻人
and kicked a young man,
进行了残暴的殴打
putting him into a coma. A coma he recovered from.
致其昏迷 但他之后苏醒了啊
And now that young man has died
但如今那位青年不幸离世
due to those injuries in 2009.
死因正是2009年留下的创伤
Okay, thank you both.
好了 谢谢你们两位
Is this your first criminal trial, Ms. Audrey?
这是你第一次刑事审判吗 奥德利女士
It is, Your Honor. But it doesn't have to be
是 法官阁下 但若你驳回案件
if you rule against the prosecution.
我们就不用走到庭审阶段了
Unfortunately, ASA Brody is right on the law.
可惜布罗迪助理检察官的起诉是合法的
This is not double jeopardy.
「一事不再理」原则在这里不适用
So commence pretrial motions tomorrow.
明天开始审前动议
Oh, Alicia. Thank you.
艾丽西娅 谢谢你来
I'm just here to check it out, Brett, that's all.
我只是来看看 布雷特 仅此而已
Uh, you remember my wife Josie?
还记得我妻子乔思吗
Oh, yes, hi. I didn't know you got married.
哦 你好 我不知道你们结婚了
Five years ago.
已经五年了
Three little girls. They're adorable.
生了三个女儿 好可爱
Wouldn't even exist if you hadn't gotten me off.
要不是你当年帮我脱罪 就没有这一切
Can you believe I'd be halfway through my sentence right now?
谁能相信已经六年了
Six years into a 12-year sentence.
被判的刑期已经过了一半
What did you think about Amber?
你觉得安珀怎么样
Your lawyer? Good.
你们的律师吗 挺好的
She's a little nervous. She couldn't get a word in edgewise.
她有点紧张 她根本都插不上嘴
Well, Matan can be rough on new lawyers.
是 马坦对新手律师来说是有点难搞
He was that way with me.
他那时候对我也一样
I was just as nervous.
我也一样紧张
But you won.
但是你赢了
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Excuse me for a minute.
我离开一下
I didn't know you were on this, Alicia.
我不知道你也在跑这案子 艾丽西娅
I'm just here observing, that's all.
我只是来旁听的而已
It should be more interesting this time around.
这次应该比上次有趣多了
Not so easy to win. Really? Why's that?
可没那么容易赢 是吗 为什么
There's a hole in your case.
你们当时的处理有漏洞
A hole? What hole?
漏洞 什么漏洞
You know, hey,
对了
sorry about the election.
选举的事很遗憾
People can be mean at first, but they'll forget soon enough.
人们一开始会对你刻薄 但很快就忘了
A few months, it'll be like it never happened.
不出几个月 就像什么事都没发生过了
Just like Peter.
就像彼得那事
Okay, let's get started.
案子我接了 我们开始吧
Alicia? Hi, how are you?
艾丽西娅 你还好吗
Good, actually, thank you.
很好 谢谢你
Uh, this is a business call.
我是为公事打来的
What business?
什么公事
Do you remember Brett Tatro?
你还记得布雷特·塔特罗吗
Attempted murder. We fought it our first year.
谋杀未遂 我们入职第一年接的案子
He called here a few times,
他来过几次电♥话♥
but we don't take cases like that anymore.
但我们已经不接那种案子了
Well, I need, uh, the file on the case.
那个 我需要案子的资料
Uh, I don't want to go through David Lee
我不想还要经过大卫·李
and deal with the usual hassle.
还有那些繁复的正式程序了
Are you representing him, Alicia?
你要代理他吗 艾丽西娅
I am.
是的
Well, that's...
那很
that's... that's great.
那很好啊
Sure, I'll get the files over. Where?
行啊 我把资料给你 送去哪
Oh, just to my apartment.y
送到我家就行
Oh. Right. You... Your apartment.
哦 对 你家里
And, Cary,
还有 凯里
do you remember if there was a hole in that case?
你记不记得当时案子有什么漏洞的
Anything we missed in the defense?
辩护的时候有什么遗漏的地方
No, but it was a long time ago. Why?
不记得 但过去太久了 怎么了
Matan seems to think there's a hole he can exploit.
马坦似乎认为我们有他能利用的漏洞
Well, my guess is you'll find it in the files.
我想你看看资料应该能发现
We were completists back then.
那时的我们都是完美主义者
Took notes on everything.
事无巨细全记下来了
Thanks.
谢谢
Sorry, do you mind if I record this?
不好意思 不介意我录一下音吧
I just don't want to miss anything.
我不想漏掉什么东西
Uh, no. Sure, sure.
不介意 没事
So how's this work again?
再说一下这是怎么操作的
Well,
是这样
Stern, Lockhart & Gardner offer a certain number
斯特恩 洛克哈特&加德纳律所会提供
of associate hours to pro bono cases like yours.
一定量律师工时做无偿代理 你这就是
Free of charge. Well, I didn't do it.
免费的 好吧 不是我♥干♥的
I didn't beat that guy up.
我没有打那小子
Jeff Garrix? Yeah, him.
杰夫·加里斯 没错
I didn't lay a hand on him.
我没动过他一根指头
Um, where did you meet him?
那么 你是在哪里遇到他的
Was it at the nightclub?
是在那家夜店里吗
No, it was, uh, it was earlier than that.
不是 比那更早
Dakota had a bachelor party at the Sheraton. 12 guests.
达科塔在喜来登一个12人单身派对表演
Jeff Garrix was there? Yes, ma'am. Yes, ma'am,
杰夫·加里斯也在那 是的 女士
he thought that they had paid for topless and bottomless,
他以为请的是那种全脱♥光♥的舞♥女♥
so I had to explain to him the rules. And he got angry?
所以我只好跟他解释清楚 他怒了
Yeah. Silly college kid.
是 愚蠢的大学生
So then he followed you back to the Pink Sapphire?
之后他跟着你回到粉色蓝宝石夜店
Yeah, Dakota left behind some business cards.
对 达科塔把名片落在那儿了
And that's where you got in the fight with him
你就是在那儿和他打起来的吗
in the parking lot? Nah, nah,
在停车场 不是
I wasn't in the parking lot.
我根本不在停车场
The police said they arrested you for fighting him
警方说是因为你殴打他
in the parking lot. Yeah, I mean, I know.
在停车场被捕的 我知道
But like I told them, I wasn't there.
但我也跟他们说了 我当时不在那儿
Well, where were you?
那你在哪里
I was with Lexie.
我和莱克茜在一起
The tape recorder is just to aid me in my note-taking.
用采访机是为了帮助我记笔记的
Sure. Anything you need.
当然 你自便
You want some water? No, thank you.
要喝点水吗 不用了 谢谢
So, um...
那么
...you were with Brett during the fight?
斗殴发生的时候你是和布雷特在一起吧
Oh, yeah. In my dressing room.
是的 在我的更衣室里
I wasn't feeling so good that night.
那天晚上我身体不太舒服
So...
你是
you're that lady with the husband, right?
那个人的老婆 对吧
That's kind of vague.
我没听懂
Yeah, um, I mean
额 我是指
the guy in jail. With the prostitutes.
那个因为召♥妓♥坐牢的人
I am.
是的
I thought that was pretty cool--
我觉得你在这种情况下还支持他
you standing by him.
非常了不起
Thank you. So, anything else, Lexie?
谢谢 莱克茜 还有别的信息吗
Anything about Brett?
关于布雷特的
Just that he's innocent.
他是无辜的
And you'll testify to that? Definitely.
你愿意出庭作证吗 当然
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表