You can't make a deal with Cary.
你不能和凯里做交易
I told him I needed a day.
我跟他说我还需要一天时间
Get me something before then.
在那之前给我些证据吧
I'm not gonna talk about my grandson.
我不会谈有关我孙子的事的
He's turning his life around. I know, Mrs. Nolfi.
他刚过上好日子 我了解 诺菲夫人
The truth is, the judge is sympathetic with your situation,
事实上 法官也很同情您的境遇
but we need to give him a reason to overturn your verdict.
但我们需要给他推♥翻♥判决的理由
Have you talked to your public defender?
您有和公设律师谈过吗
Mr. Bollinger? No. Why?
布林先生吗 还没 怎么了
Well, the judge may be angry with Mr. Bollinger
鉴于布林先生未能尽其责任
for not doing a better job.
法官也许会迁怒于他
We can overturn the verdict by arguing ineffective assistance.
我们能以辩护不力为由推♥翻♥判决
I don't want to get him in trouble.
我不想为难他
He's such a lovely man.
他是个很好的小伙子
He won't get into trouble,
他不会有麻烦的
but let me talk to him.
但请让我和他谈谈
Now, gentlemen...
在场的绅士们
...in this country,
此刻这个国家中
our courts are the great levelers.
我们的法庭公正有力
And in our courts,
而在法庭之上
all men are... created...
所有人都被一视...
equal.
同仁
So is this what made you want to become a lawyer?
这就是你想当律师的原因吗
No.
不是
It made a lot of...
这电影让很多学生
people at school want to become lawyers,
梦想成为律师
but they're all... prosecutors and tax lawyers now.
但现在他们都成了检察官和税务律师
...reality. I like when people give speeches,
现实 我喜欢看人演讲
and it makes other people change their mind.
还有演讲让人改变内心的画面
I know. Me, too.
我也是
Do you ever get to do that?
你有这样做过吗
In court?
在法庭上
No.
没有
It's mostly about facts and evidence.
在法庭上都是事实与证据为主导
Most of the time you don't really have someone you believe in.
大多数时间你都找不到可以去信任的人
That's too bad.
那太糟糕了
Maybe it'll be different this time.
或许这次会不同吧
What do you mean?
什么意思
I'm going back to the law firm.
我要回到律所了
What?
什么
That's great. That's great.
太棒了 真的太棒了
In the name of God...
以上帝之名...
do your duty.
尽你应尽的责任吧
Um, do you want me to pause it?
要先把电影给暂停了吗
No. I know how it ends.
不用了 我知道结尾
Mr. Gallagher, hello.
加拉格尔先生 你好
Thank you for returning my call.
感谢您回我电♥话♥
I know you were wondering if I was heading back to my firm,
我知道您在想我是否会回到自己的律所
and it looks like I am.
现在看来的确是这样了
You are? You're going back now?
是吗 你要回去了吗
Yes. Definitely.
是的没错
But I just got a call from Lockhart/Agos
但我刚接到洛克哈特&艾格斯律所的电♥话♥
saying you weren't going back.
说你不会回去了
Oh, well, that's a mistake.
那肯定搞错了
Uh, it-it must be an old message.
应该是之前还没修正的消息
No, I just got it an hour ago.
不 我是一小时前接到电♥话♥的
From who? David Lee?
谁打来的 大卫·李吗
No, Diane Lockhart.
不 是戴安·洛克哈特
You...
什么
Diane called you?
是戴安打的电♥话♥吗
Yeah, she was worried I would leave the firm,
是的 她担心我会离开他们的律所
and I told her I was keeping my options open.
而我告诉她现在一切皆有可能
So she asked me to hold off on calling you for a day or two.
所以她让我过一两天再打电♥话♥给你
That surprised me, so I'm calling you now.
这让我蛮惊讶的 于是现在来问你这事
Uh, Mr. Gallagher, I'm gonna...
加拉格尔先生 我过一阵...
have to get back to you, okay?
再回复您好吗
Of course.
当然可以
Damn it.
该死
They had no intention of bringing me back.
他们根本就不想让我回去
They never did. They have been playing out
他们压根没这样想过 他们玩这出把戏
this charade so they can cherry-pick my clients.
就是为了轻轻松松地把我的客户抢走
Well, even if they are, you can't make it personal.
即便如此 你也不能把事弄成私人恩怨
Sure, I can. I started that firm.
我当然可以 这律所是我一手创立的
Here. In my home.
就在这里 在我的家里
We had so few outlets,
因为插座太少
we were running cables into Grace's room.
我们还得把线接到格蕾丝房♥间里头
Then hit 'em back. Florrick-Agos--
那就狠狠报复他们 报复福&艾律所
or whatever they're called now--
或者那个现在不知道究竟叫什么的律所
they're not the only game in town. You have other options.
他们有不是唯一的选择 你选择多的是
I'm officially a scandal, Peter.
我现在是彻底名声扫地了 彼得
You should know that better than anyone.
你应该比其他人更清楚这一点
No one wants a sullied lawyer.
没人会找坏名声的律师
They want a good lawyer,
人们都需要优秀的律师
and you have enough clients to go on your own.
你有足够的客户支持你自立门户
I'm just tired, Peter.
我是真的累了 彼得
All right, answer me this.
好 那你告诉我
If you went solo,
如果你单干的话
how many of your clients would follow?
你的客户会有多少人继续跟你
I don't know.
我也说不好
Maybe 20.
二十个吧
Well, that's a pretty good book of business for day one.
这对刚起步的公♥司♥来说已经不是个小数了
Where would I even get the seed money?
可是我从哪去弄到起步资金呢
Your exit package. Go back in there...
你的退职补偿金 你回律所时
make as if nothing's wrong, just be all smiles,
要笑容满面 装作什么都没发生过
and then get them to rip up your exit package.
然后让他们撤销你的退职协议
You lost a lot of money on that package, right?
那份协议让你损失了一大笔钱 对吧
Kalinda.
凯琳达
Dex.
迪克斯特
What do you want?
什么事
Did you know that Bishop's leaving the business?
你知不知道毕夏普已经松口了
What business?
什么松口
He's, uh... he's worried about being betrayed,
他...他担心被背叛
so he's turning evidence.
所以他要上交证据了
Where'd you hear that?
这是谁跟你说的
Geneva Pine. The ASA?
吉妮瓦·派恩 助理检察官
She's playing you.
她在诈你呢
He's doing it for Dylan.
他这么做是为了迪伦
Wants to stay out of jail so he can be a dad.
坐牢的话他就没办法尽父亲的职责了
Look, Pine says there's room
听着 派恩说只给一个人
for only one person to turn evidence.
上交证据的机会
You need to get out of my car.
你可以离开了
I came to you because I want to keep my job.
我来找你是因为我不想丢掉我的工作
Bishop goes...
毕夏普被无罪释放的话
you'll be number one.
你就成头号♥目标了
Hey. If this is some type of a loyalty test from Bishop,
如果这是毕夏普对我忠诚的测试
you tell him I said to kiss my ass.
你可以跟他说玩蛋去吧
I would never turn on him, ever.
我永远都不会背叛他 永远不会
Thank you for taking the time to listen to our concerns.
感谢你们抽出时间聆听我们的想法
No problem-- that's why we're here.
别客气 应该的
And thank you for listening to our concerns.
也感谢你们聆听我们的想法
No problem. Happy to accommodate.
不客气 都好商量
So you would like to renegotiate your exit package?
你是想重新商议你的退职协议
Mm, no, not renegotiate; rescind.
不是重新商议 是撤销
Ah. Meaning what?
什么意思
Meaning: since I am returning, it seems more sensible to just...
意思就是撤销退职协议 好让我能够...
void it. Like Alicia never left.
回来继续工作 就好像从未离开
Well, the issue, of course--
但是 事实上
and it's an unfortunate one--
很遗憾的是
is that Alicia's equity is already settled out.
艾丽西娅的股权已经全部结算完了
Mm, on the cheap.
以很低的价格
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表