And I don't even know her name.
我甚至连她叫什么都不知道
But she gave me a kidney.
可她把肾脏捐给了我
Can you believe that?
你能相信吗
I can.
可以
So, I swore to myself before I went into surgery
因此我在做手术之前就发誓
that I'd do something for her.
一定要为她做些什么
If it worked out, if-if it went well,
如果手术成功 并且病情好转
and I lived that I would do something good.
能活下来的话我定会多帮帮他们
For her family? Yes.
帮助她家吗 没错
I want to liquidate my stocks.
我想要清算掉我所持的股票
$18 million.
整整1800万美元
Give them to her family.
全数捐给她家
Will you do that for me?
你能帮我办成这事吗
Have you called your estate lawyer?
你有咨♥询♥过你的财产律师吗
Yes, he's not returning my calls.
有 但他没回我电♥话♥
Think he wants to wait till I'm dead, and then...
应该是他想等我死后 再...
keep all the money in-house.
把钱据为己有
Who is your estate attorney?
你的财产律师是谁
David Lee.
大卫·李
I didn't put the file up to hurt people.
我把设计放上网并不是为了伤害人
I put it up to protect them.
而是为了保护人
That you'll have to explain, Mr. Fife.
那请你解释一下 法伊夫先生
You wanted to protect my client
你是想通过在网上提供
by providing schematics for guns
这种无法被探测 追踪 并管理的
that are undetectable, untraceable and unregulated?
枪♥支♥的设计图来保护我的当事人吗
Yeah, and uncensorable.
没错 并且不受审查
So, this is all about the First Amendment to you?
所以这就是你对第一修正案的理解吗
Yes. Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
I-I have the First Amendment right
我有第一修正案赋予的权利
to put out whatever information I want,
可以发布任意想发布的信息
no matter how many laws are passed
无论在第二修正案之下
to limit my rights under the Second.
通过了多少限制我权利的法案
Did you consider posting a warning?
你有想过附上提醒信息吗
And you don't worry
你不曾担忧过
about what crazy person might use your design?
会有怎样的疯子会用你的设计吗
Sure, I do, but I worry more
当然担忧过了 但我更担心的
about what crazy person will become the next dictator.
是某些疯子会成为新的独♥裁♥者
And-and what do dictators confiscate
独♥裁♥者在没收印刷机前
even before the printing presses? The guns.
没收了什么 枪♥支♥
All right, let's move on to... Um, Your Honor,
好 我们转向 法官阁下
may Mr. Fife finish the answer?
能让法伊夫先生回答完吗
Yes, he may.
好 他可以
3-D technology has made it impossible
3D技术已经让
for dictators to control firearms.
独♥裁♥者无法控制武器
I can e-mail a gun to any person
我可以在几秒内把枪♥支♥模型
in the world in seconds.
发给世界上的任何人
A rebel fighter in Syria,
叙利亚的反对派战士
a dissident in China,
中国的异见人士
a freedom fighter in Pakistan.
巴基斯坦的自♥由♥战士
This machine has made democracy possible worldwide.
这台机器已经让民♥主♥在全世界变得可能
It is the modern version
它是印刷机的
of the printing press.
现代版
Look, I was watching him, okay, Diane.
我一直在观察他 戴安
He's still on our side. I don't know.
他还在我们这边 我不知道
Judge Abernathy ends up feeling so guilty about his bias,
阿伯内亚法官最后对他的偏见感到很内疚
he sometimes rules against it.
他有时会做出不利的裁决
Well, that's harder to do when the defendant is crazy.
被告要是个疯子的话就不至于了
We didn't make him crazy enough?
我们还没让他显得足够疯吗
Yeah. Let me.
是啊 让我来
You're not returning Canning's calls.
你没回坎宁的电♥话♥
Actually, I am.
事实上 我回了
David, I just came from him.
大卫 我刚从他那回来
He gave me power of attorney
他给了我律师的权力
to liquidate all his stocks
去兑现他所有的股票
and give all $18 million to the family of the donor.
把全部1800万捐给器官捐献者的家人
Okay. David...
好 大卫
he wants it done now.
他想现在就做
Do you know the donor's family?
你知道捐献者家庭的情况吗
No, but I'm sure you can get it from the hospital.
不知道 但我肯定你可以从医院那拿到
I did get it from the hospital.
我确实从医院那拿到了
The Farsouns-- Izzat and Helga.
法索夫妇 伊扎特和海尔格
Their daughter's name was Leila.
他们的女儿名叫蕾拉
Okay.
好吧
Did you contact them?
你联♥系♥他们了吗
I did.
联♥系♥了
David, if you're waiting for Mr. Canning to die,
大卫 如果你在等坎宁先生死
I will bring you up on charges...
我会告你的
They don't want the money for themselves.
他们自己不想要这笔钱
They want to send it to a charity.
他们想捐给慈善机构
"The Strong Arm of Liberty."
「自♥由♥之臂」
Strong Arm of Liberty support
自♥由♥之臂帮助
the oppressed peoples of Palestine.
巴勒斯坦被压♥迫♥的人♥民♥
You can't let your political bias impact your representation.
你不能让你的政♥治♥偏见影响你的代理服务
It's Canning's choice.
这是坎宁的选择
And I'll facilitate his choice
拿到全部免责文件
after I get full indemnification,
我再兑现他的选择
including a letter from the State Department
那包括国♥务♥院♥的证明信
saying this group is kosher.
说明这个组织是干净的
Appropriate.
正当的
It's not illegal to give to pro-Palestinian causes.
捐钱给亲巴勒斯坦组织不违法
It is if they support Hamas.
如果他们支持哈马斯就违法了
Do they support Hamas?
他们支持哈马斯吗
It's too new for the State Department to make a determination.
该组织成立不久 国♥务♥院♥还不能做出判断
And I'm not spending ten years
我可不想因为帮助和教唆
in a federal prison for aiding and abetting terrorists.
恐♥怖♥分♥子♥在联邦监狱蹲上十年
Okay.
好吧
Let me talk to Canning,
我跟坎宁去谈谈
see if he wants to do other good works. Yes.
看他是否想做点其他的善事 好
Maybe he can find other ways of facilitating the killing of Jews.
也许他能找到推进杀害犹太人的其他办法
Hello again, Mr. Fife.
又见面了 法伊夫先生
Hello back at you.
你也是
Now, you made your firearm software open source
你将你的枪♥械♥打印软件开源
for a very good reason, isn't that right, Mr. Fife?
是出于好意 对吗 法伊夫先生
You wanted to make it available to... well, everyone.
你想让所有人都能获取它
Yeah, everyone with a 3-D printer.
是的 每一个有3D打印机的人
Even felons?
即便是重罪犯吗
Yes, if they could...
是的 如果他们可以
Objection, Your Honor. Relevance.
反对 法官阁下 与本案无关
The defense opened the door.
辩方律师先提出来的
They argued their Constitutional rights shielded them from culpability.
他们辩护称因自己的宪法权利而无罪
We merely want to explore that right.
我们只是想探索那种权利
Yes, seems fair to me.
在我听来是合理的
Overruled.
反对无效
You were saying, Mr. Fife?
你刚说到哪里了 法伊夫先生
I just saw Ms. Crozier
我刚看到克罗泽女士
making a signal to you, Mr. Fife.
对你打了个手势 法伊夫先生
Would you care to explain?
你能解释一下吗
Oh, no, I didn't.
不 我没有
Well, I saw you making what I would interpret
我看到了 我会将之理解为
to be a "Go-easy" gesture.
「放松」的姿势
No, Your Honor, I simp...
没有 法官阁下 我只是
I was feeling heat coming from somewhere under...
我觉得下面某个地方在发热
I don't know if there's a vent.
我不知道这里是不是有排风扇
Okay, okay.
好了 好了
Okay, then, let's-let's all stop gesturing.
好吧 我们别再纠结姿势的事了
Mr. Fife seems perfectly capable of taking care of himself.
法伊夫先生看上去完全可以照顾好自己
Mr. Fife. Yeah, yes.
法伊夫先 是啊
If a felon could afford a 3-D printer,
如果一个重罪犯买♥♥得起3D打印机
uh, he would have access to my software.
他也可以使用我的软件
And children?
小孩呢
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表