Which was understandable at the time,
在当时来说是可以理解的
but Alicia's going to need to be made whole again
但是如果艾丽西娅回来的话
if she returns, and rather than waste time
她就要得回她全部的股权
restoring the status quo,
与其浪费时间再去收回股票
it makes more sense just to keep the status quo,
还不如保持现状算了
don't you think?
你们觉得呢
Well, Alicia, I think all David is saying
艾丽西娅 我想大卫的意思是
is this proposal is a bit of a curveball.
你的请求会不会是迂回战术
More of a slider, I'd say-- give us a couple of swings,
或者说是讨价还价 让我们考虑一下
you can probably still hit it.
再给你答复
No problem. Take all the time you need.
没问题 请便
Alicia...
艾丽西娅
I didn't believe it before, but I think you're right
我之前不相信 但我现在觉得你是对的
they're playing you. Why do you think that?
他们在耍你 为什么这么说
Because they should've just said no
因为他们完全可以拒绝
to rescinding your exit package,
你撤销退职协议的要求
but they delayed.
但是他们没有立即答复
They're stalling you. To get my clients?
他们在拖延时间 好抢走我的客户
So what do I do?
那我怎么办
Start working the phones fast.
赶紧开始打电♥话♥
Get your clients on board before they do, because...
抢在他们前面搞定你的客户 因为...
they don't want you back.
他们不想你回来
We want her back, David.
我们希望她回来 大卫
Yes, but if we tear up her exit contract,
没错 但是如果我们撤销退职协议的话
she gets all her power back.
她就得回她全部的权力了
First-tier equity package, a seat on the...
最高优先级的股权 管理权等等
What difference does it make? We want her back.
这有什么区别 我们希望她回来
Yes, but on our terms, not hers.
但要以我们的方式 而不是她的方式
She's a founding member of this firm.
她是这家事务所的元老成员
I say we swallow the cost.
我认为多出点钱没什么
And I say you two are burning money
我认为你们俩这是在为
out of a misguided sense of loyalty.
方向错误的忠诚烧钱
Let's at least run it by the finance committee.
至少我们先去和财务委员会核算一下
Fine. But let's start calling back Alicia's clients,
好吧 但至少我们可以开始给
assuring them she's staying.
艾丽西娅的客户打电♥话♥了 假定她会回来
I'm afraid Alicia might get the wrong idea if she heard
如果艾丽西娅知道我们之前
that we were calling them before.
给他们打过电♥话♥ 她可能会有别的想法
You have been a public defender for less than a year, Mr. Bollinger?
你担任公设律师将近一年了吧 布林先生
Yeah. Ten months.
是的 十个月了
Oops. Sorry.
不好意思
I see. And, um...
我知道了
So how familiar are you with Illinois criminal procedure?
你对伊利诺伊州的罪案处理流程熟悉吗
I've been getting up to speed. It's complicated, though.
我上手挺快的 尽管挺复杂的
Looking for Louise's file.
让我找找露易丝的卷宗
Oh, here it is.
在这
Uh... sorry about the mustard stain.
不好意思 沾了点芥末酱
So, um...
那么
You made the decision not to take issue with the prosecution's
你决定不对检方提出的分销毒品指控
charge of intent to distribute? Oh, that's right.
提出异议 没错
Yeah, there's video evidence of her mailing a package
有录像证明她当时正在邮寄
with 26 tabs of Ecstasy.
一个装有26粒摇♥头♥丸♥的包裹
These are good notes. Thank you.
笔记做得很棒 谢谢
Yeah, that's the way Justice Ginsburg liked them.
金斯伯格法官也很喜欢这些笔记
Justice Ginsburg?
金斯伯格法官
As in, um... The Supreme Court justice.
就是那个 最高法♥院♥法官
Yeah. I clerked with her for a year
我在进司法部之前
before joining the Justice Department.
当了她一年的书♥记♥员
Look, I-I think you're going to have a hard time
不过我觉得你们很难找到证据
proving ineffective assistance, unfortunately.
来证明无效援助
I mean, that's what you're going for, right?
我是说 你们打算这样上诉 对吗
I'm incompetent? No hard feelings, but yeah.
我是不是不够格 别往心里去 是的
I wish I could have given you something,
我希望我能为你们提供点什么
but unfortunately, I did a pretty good job at trial.
不幸的是 我已经尽力了
I mean, if she were a regular street criminal,
我是说 如果她只是一般的街头犯罪
you could get her into a probationary program like TASC.
你能为她争取像社区治疗之类的缓刑项目
For drug addicts?
那个为瘾君子开设的项目
Right. She wouldn't see a day of jail.
对 这样她不用进监狱
It's odd-- her having never used drugs is actually worse.
很奇怪吧 她不吸毒反而更糟
She could get probation if you could prove she's a drug addict.
如果你能证明她吸毒的话 缓刑了事
Unbelievable. Yeah. I was going to talk
难以置信 是 我打算
to her presentencing officer about it...
跟她的量刑法官谈谈这个方案
That's a good idea.
好主意
I will go do that. Only in America, right?
交给我吧 只有在美国才会这样
You know, you're a grandma, go to jail.
如果你是个老奶奶 就得进监狱
You're a drug addict, go to rehab.
而你是个瘾君子 就只要去戒毒所就好
You wonder why people like me are into smaller government.
你知道为什么我这样的人想要小政♥府♥了吧
Oh, yes, that's right-- smaller government
真是有道理啊 小政♥府♥
would have no such ironies.
难不成就不会出现这种奇谈了
Perhaps there'd be smaller ironies. Seriously?
也许不会那么讽刺 说真的
That's your experience of life?
这就是你的人生经验
Smaller things are purer?
小的东西就更加纯净
It actually is my experience of life, yeah.
这就是我的人生经验 是的
Do you want me to step out? Stay put.
你们需要我回避一下吗 不用
What I find disgusting is the Republicans
我觉得共和党人断了民♥主♥党的财路
will starve a democracy of funds,
然后反过去指责社会的功能失调
and then complain that society's dysfunctional.
真是太令人作呕了
Nobody is starving anybody of anything.
没有人要断谁的财路
Mr. Gallagher, I wanted to get back to you first.
加拉格尔先生 我想告诉您
Diane made a mistake yesterday.
戴安昨天犯了个错误
As it turns out...
结果是
Alicia Florrick is returning to the fold.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克是要回到我们律所的
Dear God, you all need to get your stories straight.
天 你们得把事情给捋顺了
I have Alicia right now on the other line,
艾丽西娅正在和我通电♥话♥呢
and she says she's starting her own firm
她说她要建立自己的律所
and she wants me to come with her.
她想我跟随她离开你们律所
Uh, Jim,
吉姆
can you give me a moment?
你能稍等片刻吗
I'll check in with them.
我去跟他们核实一下
Oh. Uh, David,
大卫
do you know Reese Dipple? Only by reputation.
你认识里斯·迪普尔吗 久仰大名
David Lee, family law.
大卫·李 家庭法律师
Very nice to meet you, sir. Call me R.D.
很高兴认识你 叫我RD就好
R.D., simple, American.
RD 简洁明了 美式风格
I'm a conservative, too, sir.
我也是保守派的 先生
Really?
真的吗
Yes. Diane, do you have a minute?
是的 戴安 你现在有空吗
Alicia's playing us.
艾丽西娅在耍我们
What do you mean?
你什么意思
She's on the phone, as we speak,
在我们说话的同时 她在打电♥话♥
trying to steal James Gallagher away.
想要把詹姆斯·加拉格尔挖走
She's starting her own firm. Again.
她又在组建自己的律所了
She's dragging this out so we won't pursue her clients.
她在拖延时间 以免我们争取她的客户
Meanwhile, she's locking them down.
与此同时 她再把他们绑住
Then why would she insist on voiding her exit package?
那为什么她想作废她的退职补偿金协议
For money.
为了钱啊
So she doesn't have to renegotiate her contract
所以她就不用在被逼无奈之下
with a gun to her head.
重新协商她的合同
Gallagher just called me-- I got him on hold.
加拉格尔刚刚打给我 我让他等等
While he's got her on hold.
与此同时他让艾丽西娅等等
Uh, Cary.
凯里
We need a minute.
我们需要讨论一下
Jim, uh, I have Cary Agos
吉姆 我 凯里·艾格斯
and Diane Lockhart here with me.
和戴安·洛克哈特都在这儿
We just want to reiterate how much your business means to us.
我们要再次强调您的业务对我们非常重要
I appreciate that, but I just want some stability,
谢谢你们重视 但是我想要的是稳定
do you understand? Mr. Gallagher,
你们能理解吗 加拉格尔先生
you say you have Alicia on the other line right now?
你是说艾丽西娅也在和你通电♥话♥
Yep. Why don't you tell her you'll get back to her,
对 你不妨告诉她你晚点回她电♥话♥
and we will resolve this shortly.
我们马上把这事给解决了
Fine. But I got to tell you, this is starting to get old.
好 但我得提醒你 我没什么耐心
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表