We're being asked to take a pause here.
我们得就此暂停了
The Cole Willis verdict is in.
科尔·威利斯的裁决出来了
And we're switching over to live coverage.
我们得切换去直播那个新闻
Uh, the hope is that in one or two hours,
希望过一两个小时
they'll switch back to the debate.
能切回到辩论直播上
Stay tuned.
请继续收看
Great job. You're kicking ass.
做得好 这一仗打得漂亮
Way to neutralize the sex stuff.
可以抵消性丑闻
Do you want some water? No, where's the food?
你想喝点水吗 不 哪有吃的
I'm starving. In the hotel kitchen.
我饿死了 酒店厨房♥有
You want me to make you a plate?
你要我弄一盘给你吗
You're doing great, Mom.
你表现得很好 妈妈
The verdict is in, and the two police officers
裁决出来了 两位在一般逮捕行动中
who killed suspected gang member Cole Willis
射杀黑帮成员嫌疑人
during a routine arrest were found innocent of all charges.
科尔·威利斯的警官认定无罪
Suspected gang member.
黑帮成员嫌疑人
Really? The suburban father of two?
真的吗 郊区两个孩子的父亲
Okay, let's not get upset.
好的 别难过
Why? You afraid I'm gonna riot?
为什么 你怕我暴♥乱♥
Nora.
诺拉
This is your Giuliani moment, sir.
这是你打翻身仗的时候 先生
Careers are built on moments like... Eli.
职业生涯就靠这种时刻... 伊莱
I'm not saying you take advantage of it,
我不是说要你利用它
but no one will talk about Ramona
但是如果你处理得好
if you handle this properly. Eli, you need to stop.
没人会提拉蒙娜 伊莱 你该消停一下
Oh, good, I'm starved.
太好了 我快饿死了
Did they tell you not to eat, too?
他们也叫你别吃东西吗
Yes.
对
So, how do you think it's going?
你觉得辩论得如何
I don't know.
不知道
Every time I get started, they say, "Time's up."
每次我一张口 他们就喊「时间到」
You had a good answer to that one reporter.
你回答那个记者的那番话很精彩
You were good with the racial question.
种族主义那题你也回答得很棒
It's all artificial, isn't it?
都是虚伪的 不是吗
We agree on more than we don't.
我们意见一致之处远多于不一致
We should debate now.
我们现在该来辩论一下
See if we disagree on anything.
看看我们是否有意见不一致的地方
Our handlers won't be happy.
我们的竞选人员可不会高兴
Okay, you start.
好 你先开始
It helps no one to throw the baby out
不分好坏的摈弃[把孩子和洗澡水一起丢掉]
with the bath water.
可没什么帮助
The system need to be tweaked, not overhauled.
这个体系需要调整 而不是推倒重建
You really believe that?
你真这么觉得
I do.
真的
We're on the verge of another Ferguson...
我们面临着另一个弗格森事件...
No, no, no, that was just about jury selection.
不不不 这起事件是陪审团成员挑选的问题
The prosecution screwed up on voir dire.
控方在陪审团选择上搞砸了
That's why those two cops were found not guilty.
所以那些警官才被判无罪
No, they were found not guilty because the system
不 他们被判无罪是因为这个体系
is inherently racist. Ask anyone.
生来就带有种族主义 随便问个人
So what do you do then? If the system is racist,
那你打算怎么做 如果体系带有种族主义
what is the state's attorney supposed...? You start with hiring.
州检察官该怎么... 从雇人开始
The racial diversity in the office is a joke.
种族多样性在州检就是个笑话
How many white prosecutors...
有多少白人检察官
No, but the exact opposite needs to be done.
不 该做的事情其实完全相反
It needs to be a pure meritocracy.
我们需要纯粹的精英政♥治♥
No cronyism. To consider race?
不任人唯亲 考虑种族
That's not cronyism.
这不是任人唯亲
Yes, it is.
是的
We need good prosecutors.
我们需要好的检察官
There are a dozen defense attorneys I know
我知道许多年收入40万美金的
making $400,000 a year
辩护律师会抓住一切机会
that would jump at the chance to put criminals away.
将罪犯绳之以法
They're sick of what they're doing now and...
他们厌倦了现在的所作所为...
W-Why don't they?
为什么
What? You said they'd jump
什么 你说他们会
at the chance to be a prosecutor.
抓住一切机会成为检察官
Well, what's stopping them?
什么阻止了他们这么做呢
Well, what's stopping them
阻止他们这么做的
is that the office is poorly run.
就是州检糟糕的运作
They know they're gonna spend half their time
他们知道得花一半时间
dealing with a stupid bureaucracy.
处理无聊的官僚事物
No, no, they don't jump
不不 他们不跳槽
because it's easier to talk
是因为知易行难
about doing good than it is to actually do good.
说永远比做容易
And you call me cynical?
你还说我愤世嫉俗
Chicago is on the verge of another Ferguson,
芝加哥马上要爆发另一起弗格森事件了
because the system is all white.
就是因为整个体系里都是白人
Because African-Americans don't see someone
因为非裔美国人没有看到
who shares their experience.
能够体谅他们的人
You know what's really stupid?
你们知道最傻的事是什么吗
You're two white people arguing
你们两个白人在这里
about why black people are rioting.
争论为什么黑人要暴♥动♥
That's what's stupid.
这就是最傻的事
And you're saying there needs to be more black people in office,
你说需要更多黑人检察官
and that's why we need two more white people running.
所以我们该有两个白人竞选
Okay.
好吧
So what do you do?
你会怎么做
Stop prosecuting so many drug crimes.
别起诉那么多毒品犯罪了
That's exactly my plan for office. Exactly!
那就是我的执政计划 没错
That's why you should vote for me.
这就是你们选我的理由
They put a guy in prison
上周他们因为一个人
for killing a dog just last week.
杀了条狗就把他关进监狱
Then these two cops kill a black man,
后来那两个警♥察♥杀了一个黑人
and what happens?
结果呢
They go free? We should go there.
他们无罪释放 我们该去那儿
Now. What?
现在 什么
Pastor Isaiah, would you like to come with me?
以赛亚牧师 你想和我一起去吗
Where you going?
你要去哪里
There. ...to express their outrage
那儿 表达他们对无罪裁决的
over the innocent verdict...
愤怒之情
Are you serious?
你是认真的吗
Yes.
是的
Yes, let's go.
好 我们走
...where hundreds of people protesting
...有好几百人抗♥议♥
the Cole Willis verdict have begun gathering
科尔·威利斯裁决 人们目前
outside the city courthouse.
已聚集在法♥院♥门口
I'm gonna have trouble getting home tonight.
我今晚回家估计会有问题了
You might as well start home now.
你或许现在就该回家
You want these photos on TMZ? We do.
你想这些照片公布在名人八卦网 没错
I don't bluff, Diane. You know I don't.
我不是吓唬你 戴安 你知道的
I don't, either. What's this?
我也不是开玩笑 这是什么
Deena's employment contract as in-house counsel
迪娜在查查网作为内部顾问的
at Chumhum. Evan, what's going on?
雇佣合同 伊万 这是怎么回事
There's a standard non-compete clause
合同里有一条标准的
in the contracts. Oh, come on.
竞业禁止条款 别来这套
Deena was sleeping with the CEO of Chumhum's
在合同期间 迪娜和查查网
greatest competitor during the time of that contract.
最大的竞争对手的总裁上♥床♥了
If you ask me, that violates her non-compete.
如果你问我 这肯定违反了竞业条款
That opens her up to a suit.
我们可以起诉她
God, you guys are terrible.
天哪 你们这些坏人
Evan, do you agree
伊万 你同意
with these kind of tactics?
这种策略吗
I'm sorry, David.
抱歉 大卫
Yes, we're all sorry.
我们很遗憾
$15 million.
1500万
You have an hour to accept or it goes away.
你们有一个小时考虑否则作废
My law partner, Cary Agos,
我的法律合伙人 凯里·艾格斯
was prosecuted on trumped-up drug charges,
因一起捏造的毒品交易被起诉
so I understand this issue.
所以我理解这种情况
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表