剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表
-好了 莉兹 -要再次质询吗
- Okay, Liz... - Redirect?
不 你来
No. You do it.
-莉兹 -你来
- Liz. - You do it.
佩尔医生 你说睾丸酮是最准确和客观的
Dr. Pell, you said that testosterone is the most
检测性别的方法
accurate and objective test of sex.
那生殖器呢
What about genitalia?
根据生殖器来确定性别
Wouldn't deciding based on that
不够准确客观吗
be just as accurate and objective?
对 这确实是一个客观因素
Yes, it's an objective factor.
如果以生殖器为标准
And if the criteria were genitalia,
那这位新来的游泳运动员
where would this new swimmer,
萨迪·立普顿应该在哪个队
Sadie Lipton, land?
在男队
On the men's team.
反对 这是假设
Objection. Hypothetical.
证人已经回答了这个问题
The question has already been answered.
我只是在尝试理解
I'm just trying to understand
各位说的话
what everybody is saying.
法官阁下 跨性别游泳运动员萨迪·立普顿
Your Honor, the transgender swimmer, Sadie Lipton,
有男性生殖器
has male genitalia.
-真的吗 -是的
- Seriously? - Yeah.
有阴♥茎♥
A penis?
而他作为女人参加游泳比赛
And he's swimming as a woman?
恕我直言 法官阁下
With all due respect, Your Honor,
萨迪·立普顿是女人
Sadie Lipton is a woman
应该用"她"来指代
and should be referred to as "she."
但她曾经是他
But she was a he?
而现在他...
And now he...
她作为女人参加游泳比赛
uh, she is swimming as a woman?
法官站在我们这边 你不觉得吗
The judge is on our side. Don't you think?
进展不错
Uh, it was effective.
我们会赢的
We're gonna win this.
出什么事了
What's going on?
这是律师签署的请♥愿♥书
It's a petition signed by the associates.
还有助理
And the assistants.
大家都很愤怒
People are pissed off,
所以我们决定恭敬地表达我们
so we decided to respectfully express our displeasure
对你对跨性别游泳运动员的诋毁的不满
with your smear of a transgender swimmer.
不要跨性别恐惧
No more transphobia.
不要
No more.
-这样不对 -不要这样了
- It's not okay. - No more.
你是在攻击一个受压♥迫♥的少数群体
You're attacking an oppressed minority.
我们认为雷&博律所
And we think Reddick/Boseman,
相比于其他律所 应该更理解这点
of all firms, should know better.
-我明白 -那你为什么还这么做
- I understand. - Then why are you doing it?
因为这是一种辩护策略
Because it's a strategy.
-仇恨并不是一种策略 -这不是仇恨
- Hate isn't a strategy. - This is not hate.
你不能把女性权利和跨性别者权利放在对立面
You can't pit women's rights against trans rights.
跨性别暴♥力♥非常普遍
There is an epidemic of transgender violence.
尤其是有色人种女性经常遭遇攻击和谋杀
Especially women of color getting attacked and murdered.
对 但梅拉妮·埃弗斯在此案是受害者
Right. But Melanie Evers is the victim in this instance.
我们在为她争取她的权益
And we are fighting for her rights
因为梅拉妮·埃弗斯是我们的客户
because Melanie Evers is our client.
她是一位年轻的非裔美国运动员
Now, here's a young African American athlete
为运动事业奉献了自己的一生
who has worked her whole life for this,
现在有人说夺走这一切就夺走
and now someone just-just takes it away from her?
但我觉得这不意味着我们应该
But I don't think that means that we should...
不 不 不
No, no, no, no, no.
等一下 听我说 听我说
Wait a second, now, look, now, look.
我们很感谢你们的意见
We-we-we appreciate your input,
我们会考虑你们的意见的
and we will take your opinions into consideration.
但我们不会放弃梅拉妮·埃弗斯或这个案子
What we will not do is abandon Melanie Evers or this case.
-我们需要重新考虑一下 -为什么
- We need to rethink. - Why?
-就因为这个 -不是
- Because of this? - No.
因为他们说得对
Because they're right.
我们和他们有代沟 阿德里安
This is generational, Adrian.
在这点上他们比我们做得更好
They get this better than we do.
莉兹 我从各种性少数群体组织中
Liz, I've won awards from organizations
获奖无数 一个不落
covering every one of the letters LGBTQ.
你这话说得就像
And that is the
"我有个黑人朋友"的跨性别者版本
transgender equivalent of "I got a black friend."
我们还有什么选择
What are our options?
你把梅拉妮的案子重新包装成一个
You reframe Melanie's case as a...
一个女权问题
a feminist issue.
我们摈弃反跨性别语论
And we leave out the anti-trans tone.
这才是正确的办法
That's, that's the right approach.
会让我们输就不是 莉兹
Not if it means we lose, Liz.
这和政♥治♥无关
Now, this is not about politics.
这事关规则
This is about rules.
奥♥运♥会规则公平与否
Are the Olympic rules fair or not?
仅此而已
That's all.
在现实生活中 绝非这么简单
In life, that's never all.
所以我听说你后来买♥♥了一个铂金包
So I heard you ended up buying the Birkin.
你怎么知道的
How did you hear that?
我认识店主
I know the shopkeeper.
找我可以让他们给你打折
I may have asked them to give you a discount.
花了这么多钱买♥♥了个包 我还没回过神来呢
I'm still wrapping my mind around how much I spent on it.
买♥♥家的懊悔
Buyer's remorse.
更像是慢一拍的高价惊厥
More like a delayed sticker shock.
你知道好处是什么吗
You know what's great?
这不仅是个包
It's not just a purse.
还是一则宣告
It's an announcement.
-一个让人反感的宣告 -得了
- An obnoxious announcement. - Oh, come on.
你认识几个有铂金包的黑人女性
How many black women do you know that own a Birkin?
让别人反感去吧
Let's be obnoxious for once.
我们还真是破费不少
We did some damage.
幸好是你请客
Glad this one's on you.
你拿到打牌赢的钱了吗
Did you... get your winnings from the game?
我又没赢
I didn't win.
不像你
Not like you did.
公牛队比赛门票
Tickets to the Bulls.
不知道你还是个球迷
I didn't know you were a fan.
奥黑尔法官觉得我是
Judge O'Hare thought I was
我为他坐上法官之位背过书
after endorsing him for the bench.
还有什么
What else?
内曼·马库斯百货的亲友折扣
Friends and family discount at Neiman Marcus.
之前有个土地划分的案
There was a, a zoning issue.
这就是他们送给我的
That's where I got this.
你穿起来很漂亮
Looks... very pretty on you.
我让伍德本德法官
Oh, I got Judge Woodbent
做了偏袒裁决 然后给他在谋杀神秘邮轮上
a speaking engagement on a murder mystery cruise
发表演讲的机会
after a favorable ruling.
"谋杀神秘邮轮"
"A murder mystery cruise"?
他老婆很喜欢
His wife loved it.
就这些了吧
That's it, right?
审理了一次海♥洛♥因♥收缴案
Presided over a heroin arrest.
送了一名代课老师进戒毒所
Substitute teacher, sent her to rehab.
她父亲是奔驰经销商
Her father was a Mercedes dealer.
我得了一份租约
I got a lease.
没花钱
No money down.
我在一科技公♥司♥宣布首次公开募股前买♥♥了股份
And I bought shares in a tech stock before the IPO was announced.
公♥司♥总裁离婚闹得很僵
The CEO was going through an ugly divorce.
我认识他离婚案的法官
I knew the judge.
他告诉我什么时候卖♥♥掉股份
He told me when to sell.
我就在大跌前抛售了股份
Right before it tanked.
所以...
So...
我通过了吗 主人
do I pass, master?
夏洛特
Charlotte?
夏洛特
Hey, Charlotte.
那个备忘录呢
What about the memo?
朱利叶斯问过你的那个备忘录
The one that Julius asked you about.
剧集 | 傲骨之战 | 导航列表